Vigil - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's this kind of programme where I spend the whole show going "ohhh I know him, what's he been in?"

I wondered where I had seen the female commander at the base before as she seemed very familiar. I've not really seen her in anything before, but she is the sister of the BBC newsreader Reeta Chakrabarti and they look very much alike.

Also, apart from the two obvious GoT actors, I also noticed the crewmate who did the urine sample is the guy who played Pod (he of legendary sexual prowess fame) 😂

Reactions: 10
There’s something dodgy about the doctor, the way she was listening to silva questioning the guy who she was piss testing sorry can’t remember his name
I thought that too. She's the most likely one to have the scientific capabilites of handling a nerve agent too (assuming that's what the poison is, seeing as it's all probably pointing to some Russian dodgy dealings with the sub).

Reactions: 8
I thought that too. She's the most likely one to have the scientific capabilites of handling a nerve agent too (assuming that's what the poison is, seeing as it's all probably pointing to some Russian dodgy dealings with the sub).
Yeah and if you notice Putin on the opening credits

Reactions: 7
We only have Jade’s word that she wants to reveal these secrets and blow the lid on the Navy. What if she infiltrated the group to do the exact opposite?

In that scenario, it would make sense for a group that wants the USB info released to rub her out, having extracted the password from her and given it to Kirsten.

I saw it as Jade knowing she was about to be killed and giving the password out as a last act but thinking about it more it could very well have been the killer(s)... though that would then prove that her killer(s) is someone from the camp...

Reactions: 2
I was hoping they’d put the whole series on iplayer like they did with Baptiste (we devoured all the episodes in one weekend).

Reactions: 4
For anyone who may be confused by the relationship between Amy Silva & Kirsten Longacre, they are "ex-partners" as confirmed by show writer Tom Edge here: https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/mediapacks/vigil.

I’ve seen posts online (not here) by people thinking they are mum and step-daughter (the one in the flashback.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
No, I was thinking of the little girl in the car as her step daughter (to be).
I don’t mean you! There were loads of posts on Twitter and FB thinking KIRSTEN was Amy’s step-daughter (Poppy?) all grown up and it was a flashback from 20+ years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wow, she barely aged in 20 years then 😂
Lol this was one of the (many) posts

“The girl was her stepdaughter and she wasn't married so they would have had different surnames. Silva presumably isn't gay being in a relationship with a man so I think it is entirely possible the other police detective is the stepdaughter. They obviously knew each other well to send coded messages about the father”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Lol this was one of the (many) posts

“The girl was her stepdaughter and she wasn't married so they would have had different surnames. Silva presumably isn't gay being in a relationship with a man so I think it is entirely possible the other police detective is the stepdaughter. They obviously knew each other well to send coded messages about the father”
Oh wow, someone really didn’t pay attention to th conversation they had as Amy was waiting to leave:

“maybe just reference things WE’VE done together”
“Places WE’VE been, people WE know”

Loving this but finding it a tad predictable/ clichéd

1. The submarine is far too spacious
2. Suranne keeps a lovely sleek bob and perfect makeup, I want a scene of her in the tiny bunk with her hairdryer, straighteners, & eyeshadow palette
3.The Loch scene makes no sense - it just drove of the road into deep water but then there was a shoreline?!
4. The burglars being in the flat - called it!
5. The midnight rendezvous that ended in her death - called it!
6. I would not have handed over that USB stick, I hope she's got a backup of it
7. More WWW in this please!
8. Can't wait for next Sunday!

Reactions: 5
Just watched both episodes this morning. Really enjoyed it, Suranne Jones being in it is annoying as she just seems to be in a lot of things and ends up samey. Looking forward to the rest!

Oh wow, someone really didn’t pay attention to th conversation they had as Amy was waiting to leave:

“maybe just reference things WE’VE done together”
“Places WE’VE been, people WE know”
I guess they also must have missed the line re: keeping anything erotic out of the messages. Bit full on for a stepdaughter! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
For anyone that’s interested:

@ShrinePod are doing an unofficial Podcast every Wednesday dissecting the episode and discussing thoughts and theories. They did it for Line of Duty.

• Heart
That's hilarious about Kirsten and Amy. Also ludicrous considering Suranne Jones and Rose Leslie have only 9 years between them. They're so obviously awkward exes with unfinished business. From the minute Silva said to her boss that she has a good shorthand with Kirsten and the boss had that expression of "yeah.... shorthand" 😏

Reactions: 11
For anyone that’s interested:

@ShrinePod are doing an unofficial Podcast every Wednesday dissecting the episode and discussing thoughts and theories. They did it for Line of Duty.

I love these guys! They are just sooo enthusiastic and happy, they just make me smile.

Loving this but finding it a tad predictable/ clichéd

1. The submarine is far too spacious
2. Suranne keeps a lovely sleek bob and perfect makeup, I want a scene of her in the tiny bunk with her hairdryer, straighteners, & eyeshadow palette
3.The Loch scene makes no sense - it just drove of the road into deep water but then there was a shoreline?!
4. The burglars being in the flat - called it!
5. The midnight rendezvous that ended in her death - called it!
6. I would not have handed over that USB stick, I hope she's got a backup of it
7. More WWW in this please!
8. Can't wait for next Sunday!

I have hair envy

• Heart
Reactions: 1