Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it’s the job of infertile couples to deal with the problem that is neglected and traumatised children in the care system. Adopting children with complex needs (and all adopted children have trauma to deal with, if not conditions like foetal alcohol syndrome, or issues due to drug exposure) is a vocation and you really have to want that life. It isn’t easy.

It isn’t right to say “just adopt”. There are all sorts of reasons for wanting to carry and birth your own child.

Surrogacy is a separate issue.
I don't think it's their "job". Realistically though, you could go through IVF and then have a kid with special needs anyway. If you want a child then that is what you sign up for. The potential of a child that is disabled, LGBTQ+ etc.

Also for a poster above, you only get 3 tries I believe on the NHS. Then you have to pay.

Friend of mine has had hers by surrogate. It was her best friend who carried them. She had cancer before that left her infertile but had her eggs frozen ahead of the chemo and used her other half’s sperm.

I am so happy for them all (including the best friend) I could burst, I can’t think of a single thing wrong with it.

Rich people who do it to avoid being pregnant, I can see your point.
I do think situations like that are slightly different. If it's friend or sister etc. I think if you're paying someone then that's different. Especially those people that seek out poor women to do it for them

Reactions: 4
The McCanns had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance and are entirety innocent. *

* Of course I don't believe that any more than you do, I just fancied voicing an unpopular opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I don't think it's their "job". Realistically though, you could go through IVF and then have a kid with special needs anyway. If you want a child then that is what you sign up for. The potential of a child that is disabled, LGBTQ+ etc.

Also for a poster above, you only get 3 tries I believe on the NHS. Then you have to pay.
I don't think that poster meant those types of needs. But emotional trauma.. No child should be put with someone who has no idea how to cope with childhood trauma

Reactions: 6
Friend of mine has had hers by surrogate. It was her best friend who carried them. She had cancer before that left her infertile but had her eggs frozen ahead of the chemo and used her other half’s sperm.

I am so happy for them all (including the best friend) I could burst, I can’t think of a single thing wrong with it.

Rich people who do it to avoid being pregnant, I can see your point.
That's really lovely. Obviously there are exceptions so I was speaking broadly

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't think that poster meant those types of needs. But emotional trama.. No child should be put with someone who has no idea how to come with childhood trauma
I agree with you and I fully am on the side of the kids here.
However, as an autistic person with ADHD (and once a child obviously 🤣) I had emotional trauma that my parents had to deal with and they had me naturally. Life comes with all sorts of tit. You could have a baby who is healthy with normal needs and they go to school, get badly bullied and bam you're dealing with emotional trauma. You could have a baby with your partner and then their parent dies, emotional trauma. If you want a child, you should be prepared to learn to deal with that and support your kid, fight for your kid etc, blood or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think some people are entitled to it on the nhs but only certain circumstances they have to meet a strict criteria so most people do it privately
It depends on your post code, some trusts you get three goes on the NHS but in other areas you only get one funded for you.

Reactions: 3
Ore Oduba’s wife isn’t all sweetness and light she’s bleeping awful and he is to blame. Fame literally went to their heads. 🙃

Reactions: 2
People who are morbidly obese, I'm talking about the 40 stoners, need to be locked away in special facilities where they are only fed healthy food and tied to treadmills.

Ore Oduba’s wife isn’t all sweetness and light she’s bleeping awful and he is to blame. Fame literally went to their heads. 🙃
Don't even know who they are so they must be big headed to think they are famous 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Much as I hate Trump, Barack Obama was not the amazing president he was made out to be. He sold women up the river

Reactions: 21
Much as I hate Trump, Barack Obama was not the amazing president he was made out to be. He sold women up the river
He was very mediocre, he didn't make any major changes as even his own party opposed him often. The only reason he's so loved is because he is nice and he is the first person of colour to hold the job

Reactions: 12
He was very mediocre, he didn't make any major changes as even his own party opposed him often. The only reason he's so loved is because he is nice and he is the first person of colour to hold the job
I don’t know a lot about US politics but I think that he seemed kinda nice was his main draw. I don’t like Trump and Biden doesn’t strike me as great either.

The UK aren’t much better. Boris is a dope and Keir Starmer is about as interesting as a beige wall.

I think most people just vote for whatever one they dislike least

Reactions: 9
I don’t know a lot about US politics but I think that he seemed kinda nice was his main draw. I don’t like Trump and Biden doesn’t strike me as great either.

The UK aren’t much better. Boris is a dope and Keir Starmer is about as interesting as a beige wall
Keir Starmer is a tory dressed up as a labour leader. While we're overhauling America we can make a start on the UK too

Reactions: 15
The McCanns had nothing to do with Madeleine's disappearance and are entirety innocent. *

* Of course I don't believe that any more than you do, I just fancied voicing an unpopular opinion.
I agree 100% with your unpopular opinion. He knows exactly what happened.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.