Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does curvy even mean? I always think of quavers personally. Or is it a nicer word for chubby? šŸ„“
itā€™s sounds like the Daily Mail passive aggressive way of saying ā€œlumpy cowā€ šŸ˜

similarly from the Mail;
ā€œFlaunts her curvesā€
*showing too much of her fat bits, put it away love*
ā€œLeft her toned arms/legs on showā€
*bloody hell theyā€™re some flabby arms loveā€¦. Put them away yeah.* šŸ˜

the Mail hate women šŸ˜‚
(and spell check, and probably deodorant, but not relevant šŸ˜)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
itā€™s sounds like the Daily Mail passive aggressive way of saying ā€œlumpy cowā€ šŸ˜

similarly from the Mail;
ā€œFlaunts her curvesā€
*showing too much of her fat bits, put it away love*
ā€œLeft her toned arms/legs on showā€
*bloody hell theyā€™re some flabby arms loveā€¦. Put them away yeah.* šŸ˜

the Mail hate women šŸ˜‚
(and spell check, and probably deodorant, but not relevant šŸ˜)
Remember the Mail used to always say ā€˜pours her curves into xxxā€™ šŸ¤£šŸ¤¢

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What does curvy even mean? I always think of quavers personally. Or is it a nicer word for chubby? šŸ„“
Kids will tell you what's what. one of my grandkids called me fat and the other hugged me and said you are not fat nanny you are chubby and cute. šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I thought it could mean one of two things. Either you're quite shapely (have a defined waist and hips etc) or another word for being a bit overweight.

I think you can be curvy or more "straight up and down" at any size, but sometimes people use it for bigger people who don't have any sort of body definition at all.

When people call food ā€œguilt freeā€
Food is fuel itā€™s not something to feel guilty for ffs. Sick of seeing ā€œguilt free pizzaā€ ā€œguilt free snackā€ ā€œguilt free breakfastā€ if you feel guilty for eating anything you need to re-evaluate your relationship with food. Itā€™s for energy. Calm the duck down.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Kids will tell you what's what. one of my grandkids called me fat and the other hugged me and said you are not fat nanny you are chubby and cute. šŸ˜
At least you know which one to leave the good jewellery to in your will šŸ˜ give the other one the Pandora crap.

also. Pandora jewellery is basically one step up from Argos jewellery šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I have a family member who actually used to be do an amateur panto every Christmas and my mum and I would go purely just to have a laugh and see what would go wrong that year. Think very wobbly sets, cast members forgetting their lines and walking on at the wrong time, the band randomly striking up and playing at the wrong moment, hysterically tit dance routines and shoehorning popular but totally irrelevant songs into the plot which where then always sung badly. One time someone even fell down the stairs head first during the encore at the end. Entertaining but for all the wrong reasons.
Your family member would love The Play That Goes Wrong then! Slapstick, wonky sets, forgotten lines etc šŸ‘

Reactions: 1
Those stupid wall stickers are tacky and make your house look stupid.

Iā€™m feeling particularly bitter about this one as I spent hours dangling off the banisters of our stairs, peeling off this sticker that the previous owners had stuck on the wall. WHY?! šŸ˜«
9B7DEA65-063B-4F9F-B12C-AC238FFCFBE0.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
We knew a rough woman who lived near my granā€™s who called her daughters Mercedes and Lexus. So we called the third Toyota as a joke

I used to get laughed at for my lips and guys would say they are perfect blow job lips šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøNow, I get asked where did I have them done as they are so natural. Itā€™s weird how standards change
Three sisters I know called Mercedes, Lexus and Porsche (pronounced Porsha). Their dad drove a workā€™s van šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Mercedes is an actual name, it was inspired by the daughter of one of the engineers (I think) but the others? I got nothing šŸ¤£

Reactions: 8
Bit scared to post this but here goes:

I don't think IVF or surrogacy should exist, especially not while so many kids are in foster care, children's homes and orphanages around the world.

There was a woman on the news tonight saying she is sharing her story about her fertility struggles because she wants to bring awareness of fertility struggles, the effects on a family and for people to stop saying she's selfish for wanting another baby while she already has a child. They've paid Ā£14,000 for another unsuccessful round of IVF after trying for 8 years. She has a little girl already who's 9/10. She's saying how her kid cries cause she wants a sibling and she drops her kid off at schools and comes home and cries cause she so desperately wants another child and it's like... well with respect, could you not adopt a child? With the money you've spent on IVF you could have given your kid and a child, who will likely spend their whole life in foster care, a fantastic life. I know the adoption process isn't easy but neither is IVF. Maybe I'm harsh idk.

Reactions: 20
Bit scared to post this but here goes:

I don't think IVF or surrogacy should exist, especially not while so many kids are in foster care, children's homes and orphanages around the world.

There was a woman on the news tonight saying she is sharing her story about her fertility struggles because she wants to bring awareness of fertility struggles, the effects on a family and for people to stop saying she's selfish for wanting another baby while she already has a child. They've paid Ā£14,000 for another unsuccessful round of IVF after trying for 8 years. She has a little girl already who's 9/10. She's saying how her kid cries cause she wants a sibling and she drops her kid off at schools and comes home and cries cause she so desperately wants another child and it's like... well with respect, could you not adopt a child? With the money you've spent on IVF you could have given your kid and a child, who will likely spend their whole life in foster care, a fantastic life. I know the adoption process isn't easy but neither is IVF. Maybe I'm harsh idk.
Well I don't think people should be allowed to have more than one child period. The Earth is overpopulated as it is.

I will also go further and say I think there also should be control on tit parents having more children. I work in a job where you hear awful stories regarding parenting and children and they just have more and more with the same outcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Those stupid wall stickers are tacky and make your house look stupid.

Iā€™m feeling particularly bitter about this one as I spent hours dangling off the banisters of our stairs, peeling off this sticker that the previous owners had stuck on the wall. WHY?! šŸ˜«View attachment 858070
Thatā€™s just all kids of tat isnā€™t it. Thankfully I donā€™t know anyone who has one , so I canā€™t take the piss.

Reactions: 2
I donā€™t think itā€™s the job of infertile couples to deal with the problem that is neglected and traumatised children in the care system. Adopting children with complex needs (and all adopted children have trauma to deal with, if not conditions like foetal alcohol syndrome, or issues due to drug exposure) is a vocation and you really have to want that life. It isnā€™t easy.

It isnā€™t right to say ā€œjust adoptā€. There are all sorts of reasons for wanting to carry and birth your own child.

Surrogacy is a separate issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yeah I don't know enough about IVF but I don't see the problem with using science if possible. Again I don't know enough about it. But yeah, surrogacy is totally separate

Reactions: 1
Curvy isnt a size. Its a body shape. Small waist, bigger hips & a bum. Anything else, chatting tit.

I also don't think IVF should be provided by the NHS at all.

Reactions: 16
One of the worst things -for women's mental health- to come onto the market were home pregnancy tests.

Reactions: 2
I don't know a lot about IVF but am against surrogacy. It's commodifying womens bodies for cash
Friend of mine has had hers by surrogate. It was her best friend who carried them. She had cancer before that left her infertile but had her eggs frozen ahead of the chemo and used her other halfā€™s sperm.

I am so happy for them all (including the best friend) I could burst, I canā€™t think of a single thing wrong with it.

Rich people who do it to avoid being pregnant, I can see your point.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.