Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread #5 (he/she/her/they)

Be warned,

they’re probably all unpopular and borderline offensive, debate if necessary, don’t argue, don’t derail too far off topic or it gets boring, expect to be offended and you won’t be let down.
Obviously If it really crosses a line hit report, but just because you don’t *like* it, doesn’t make it a rule break.

thread 4 finished on Bi white chocolate dogs, which aren’t really chocolate because they’re white (not racist) off leads…. kicking horses who poo in public 😐
keep up….

and continue here 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Matching Christmas pajamas for the whole family isn’t sweet, it’s tacky as hell. Also, a family photo on the front of a christmas card is only of interest to you and the grandparents. No one else likes them and we actually pick holes in said photo if we get a card like this . True.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I'm just bringing this from the previous thread because it closed while I was typing.

((This is a huge ick of mine. People thinking it's ok to leave (admittedly dog) tit in fields where people walk. They seem to think it will just magically dissapear because it's in the countryside. It won't, someone elses dogs (or indeed them, themselves) will trod in it and let me tell you, there are few things more disgusting than cleaning another dog's tit out of your dogs paws. If your dog is running over there, why do you think noone elses will be? It's just common courtesy, the space isn't just your dog's litter box. Plus I doubt you own the field and I highly doubt the owner wants it caked in dog tit.))

When I said tit in a field was OK, I meant horse tit in a field where horses live is to be expected. I wouldn't expect a horse owner to clear tit out of their horses field to keep my boots clean. I do, however, think that they should be clearing horse tit off the pavements.

Dog tit should never be left anywhere.

• Heart
On the topic of dog poop… sometime about a year ago, my dog pooped in a field/park area. The nearest bin wasn’t close so I bagged it and put it on top of our car to dispose of later.

when I got back, I completely forgot and drove off. I can only assume the dog poo bag came off on a road back or similar.

I’ve felt mortified about it ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm just bringing this from the previous thread because it closed while I was typing.

((This is a huge ick of mine. People thinking it's ok to leave (admittedly dog) tit in fields where people walk. They seem to think it will just magically dissapear because it's in the countryside. It won't, someone elses dogs (or indeed them, themselves) will trod in it and let me tell you, there are few things more disgusting than cleaning another dog's tit out of your dogs paws. If your dog is running over there, why do you think noone elses will be? It's just common courtesy, the space isn't just your dog's litter box. Plus I doubt you own the field and I highly doubt the owner wants it caked in dog tit.))

When I said tit in a field was OK, I meant horse tit in a field where horses live is to be expected. I wouldn't expect a horse owner to clear tit out of their horses field to keep my boots clean. I do, however, think that they should be clearing horse tit off the pavements.

Dog tit should never be left anywhere.
Yes I knew that that's why I clarified I meant dog. I didn't mean you thought it was ok, it was just your point made me think of the situation that was all.

Reactions: 1
I don't like the seemingly recent push to refer to new babies by their forename and middle name. I now regularly see FB or Instagram posts like "Welcome to the world Sophia Rose Maguire" or "Madison Lilly Smith". No one will ever refer to the child as Sophia Rose if her name is just Sophia but they still try to push it on every post. Bugs me for some reason.

Reactions: 17
We have dog tit wardens and cameras here is it the same in England !

• Wow
Reactions: 3
On the topic of dog poop… sometime about a year ago, my dog pooped in a field/park area. The nearest bin wasn’t close so I bagged it and put it on top of our car to dispose of later.

when I got back, I completely forgot and drove off. I can only assume the dog poo bag came off on a road back or similar.

I’ve felt mortified about it ever since.
I really hope that bag'o'tit smacked someone deserving flat in the face, you may just well be the origin of a great family tale somewhere out there about the time awful Nanny Pat was hit in the smush with dog tit when she was minding her business walking the cockapoos :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Matching Christmas pajamas for the whole family isn’t sweet, it’s tacky as hell. Also, a family photo on the front of a christmas card is only of interest to you and the grandparents. No one else likes them and we actually pick holes in said photo if we get a card like this . True.
If someone sent me one of those I would go out and buy a dartboard for it to go on.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If you really wanted to buy a home its still doable as the 70s but you have to make the effort,

I personally didn't go on holidays abroad, just to the seaside self-catering for a week, didn't get takeaways or eat out, my kids had 2nd hand clothes, nappies that I washed and 2nd hand baby equipment. my home was furnished with hand-me-downs and I only decorated when it really needed it not when fashion changed. didn't take the kids on days out every week (or daily as some do) , We managed by going without so many other things. At one time I had 5 jobs, one full time the other's cleaning jobs.

I'm not saying it wasn't easier then, we didn't have the added pressure to spend money like there is today. but it was not as easy as many believe

Last edited:
  • Heart
I don't like the seemingly recent push to refer to new babies by their forename and middle name. I now regularly see FB or Instagram posts like "Welcome to the world Sophia Rose Maguire" or "Madison Lilly Smith". No one will ever refer to the child as Sophia Rose if her name is just Sophia but they still try to push it on every post. Bugs me for some reason.
The rule is that you mention the middle name when you announce the birth. That is it. On the topic of baby names- I hate it when Stacey Solomon puts a 🌹 every time she mentions her name. We get it- her name is Rose, I can read, I don’t need a stupid picture

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My daughter and her family ( and their late dog) all had Christmas jumpers but it was a piss-take it was not serious, they only did it for two years I think but it was funny as my daughter is so not like that.

Reactions: 6
We have a family member who would send a letter each year as an ‘update’ (bragging) about their family. At first my mum thought it was a nice idea. Now, when she receives it, we do a three way (with my brother) call and take the absolute piss out of it. Honestly, no one gives a tit, especially not your extended family.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
People need to understand that your way isn't the only way. If your spouse doesn't clean the way you like it tough, accept it how they do it, or do it yourself without moaning at them or moaning to others that no one helps you.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
We have a family member who would send a letter each year as an ‘update’ (bragging) about their family. At first my mum thought it was a nice idea. Now, when she receives it, we do a three way (with my brother) call and take the absolute piss out of it. Honestly, no one gives a tit, especially not your extended family.
We got one from a uni friend of my husband’s and his wife, years after they’d last seen each other. Oh my word it was so full of doom, if it had been set to music they could have a hit country and western song.

They had a small child at the time and only mention how hard work he was 😂

I don’t think they were trying to be funny either.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The housing crisis isn’t because of supply and demand. There is an increasing number of empty homes in England, for example.

its a result of multiple issues which ultimately boil down to the fact that, a lot of wealthy and powerful people benefit from the housing crisis and so have no incentive or inclination to change it.

we have the places to home people, they exist. They’re just being monopolised and controlled as a resource.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
If you go against scientifically researched guidelines when it comes to raising your children, with the excuse of "well it never did me/them/mine/us any harm, then you are an idiot.
Examples: weaning babies before 6 months, turning young children forward facing in their car seat, using cot bumpers.

These guidelines are based on years of research and looking at the case studies of kids who did suffer harm because these things weren't known about in the past. Now they are known about, you are a dick if you go against the updated advice to make your own life easier. Survivorship bias does not trump science.

(Obviously, I get there are medical exceptions to some of these. That's entirely different and these people are not idiots. Just to be clear.)

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.