Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know a lot about US politics but I think that he seemed kinda nice was his main draw. I don’t like Trump and Biden doesn’t strike me as great either.

The UK aren’t much better. Boris is a dope and Keir Starmer is about as interesting as a beige wall.

I think most people just vote for whatever one they dislike least
This is so spot on. Biden's main draw seemed to be that he was 'not Trump'

Reactions: 13
I'm also of the mindset that Madelaine McCann's mum had something to do with it. At the very least they should've lost their medical licence's in the UK for drugging their kids

Reactions: 14
Most people these days agree on the basic principles on how they would like their country to be run and therefore parties like Conservatives and Labour is now outdated and need an overhaul. Most people's politics aren't that divided anymore and is far more central than either left or right

Reactions: 12
could you not adopt a child?
I don’t know, I’ve seen so many adoptees stories on social media and they always complain about how much they dislike their adoptive parents and want to meet their birth mum. I’m sure there is some deep rooted issue but spending all that time, money, emotion, etc adopting a child and raising it for it to go on social media and have a pop at you and put the birth mother up on the pedestal? No thank you. And I don’t mean children who have been adopted into horrendous home either abuse, etc. These people have adoptive parents who loved and cared for them but they have this god like image of their birth mother that they want to throw it all away.

I don't know a lot about IVF but am against surrogacy. It's commodifying womens bodies for cash
See I’m against paying for surrogacy but if you don’t pay for it (and don’t gift expensive presents to circumvent the rules) then I don’t see the problem.

Reactions: 4
I don’t know, I’ve seen so many adoptees stories on social media and they always complain about how much they dislike their adoptive parents and want to meet their birth mum. I’m sure there is some deep rooted issue but spending all that time, money, emotion, etc adopting a child and raising it for it to go on social media and have a pop at you and put the birth mother up on the pedestal? No thank you. And I don’t mean children who have been adopted into horrendous home either abuse, etc. These people have adoptive parents who loved and cared for them but they have this god like image of their birth mother that they want to throw it all away.
I do see your point and I do respect it. That said and I think this is just my view but that happens in homes where the child is biological. Nothing is ever perfect. How many absent parents get seen as a hero in their child's eyes while the other was doing the graft. Happens all the time especially with kids and teens.
I don't think adoption is any different. Also, you could raise a kid and them grow up and never want to speak to you again regardless of whether or not you gave birth to them. Kids ultimately have to find their own path, and explore. I know from experience as a teen I thought I knew everything. Christ it was until I was like 21 that I realised I knew duck all 🤣 Were we not all cocky 18 year olds who thought we were always right at some point?

ETA: I think being a parent is probably a thankless task in your kids eyes whether you made them or not 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I do see your point and I do respect it. That said and I think this is just my view but that happens in homes where the child is biological. Nothing is ever perfect. How many absent parents get seen as a hero in their child's eyes while the other was doing the graft. Happens all the time especially with kids and teens.
I don't think adoption is any different. Also, you could raise a kid and them grow up and never want to speak to you again regardless of whether or not you gave birth to them. Kids ultimately have to find their own path, and explore. I know from experience as a teen I thought I knew everything. Christ it was until I was like 21 that I realised I knew duck all 🤣 Were we not all cocky 18 year olds who thought we were always right at some point?
Nah you’re right, I see your point.
Gosh I’m such a witch 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

See I’m against paying for surrogacy but if you don’t pay for it (and don’t gift expensive presents to circumvent the rules) then I don’t see the problem.
That's true but there are also adopted children who are very close to their adopted parents. The above could happen with any kind of mother, be it biological, adopted, foster, etc. If you're any kind of mother, it's part of the risk that your child might not worship the ground you walk on

Yes, it's the commodification I'm against.

Reactions: 5
Nah you’re right, I see your point.
Gosh I’m such a witch 😂
I don't think you are at all. I get it. I see a lot of parents say they "enjoy embarrassing their kids" but I think some actually don't and it's just a defence because they feel hurt that their kid thinks they're embarrassing. Although I do think some parents genuinely love it and I love those people 🤣 I think ultimately, kids are often selfish and self absorbed. They don't mean to be they just are cause their world is small

Reactions: 6
I'm also of the mindset that Madelaine McCann's mum had something to do with it. At the very least they should've lost their medical licence's in the UK for drugging their kids
What annoys me is If they were two sales assistants from a council estate and they left their kids to go drinking they’d have had their other kids taken off them!!! Cause they’re well off they didn’t!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I hate dressing up! Get invited ( pre Covid ) to so many parties only to find out it’s a Harry Potter themed party or some random eighties theme. Serious only chance to dress up, in some nice clothes and step away from trainers and you want me to wear a costume!

Both of my children hate dressing up too ( school ) they like to blend in and not stand out can’t bare spending money on costumes and no I’m not creative and don’t own a sawing machine 😆

I’m a woman of a certain age my priority is not playing dressing up. Have a friend who was surprised I haven’t got a dressing up box! Really?
I hate dressing up too…so glad the hen dos are behind me now. At one stage of my life it was every other weekend and so many daft themes. So stressful. I just want to wear a nice dress ffs.

The worst is when the hen do is abroad or away and there's a theme for every night! Costs a mortgage in outfits

Reactions: 7
I hate dressing up! Get invited ( pre Covid ) to so many parties only to find out it’s a Harry Potter themed party or some random eighties theme. Serious only chance to dress up, in some nice clothes and step away from trainers and you want me to wear a costume!
I would honestly wear trainers to my own wedding if i was getting married and even i agree with this. If someone’s having a dress up party i’d think ooh i’ll buy a new jumpsuit/dress and then they say it’s like some boring theme.

I will admit i don’t mind if it’s a creative theme but bore off if it’s Harry Potter or Marvel or 00s 🤣 I like those things but sooooo over done

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree with you and I fully am on the side of the kids here.
However, as an autistic person with ADHD (and once a child obviously 🤣) I had emotional trauma that my parents had to deal with and they had me naturally. Life comes with all sorts of tit. You could have a baby who is healthy with normal needs and they go to school, get badly bullied and bam you're dealing with emotional trauma. You could have a baby with your partner and then their parent dies, emotional trauma. If you want a child, you should be prepared to learn to deal with that and support your kid, fight for your kid etc, blood or not.
My kids are autistic and so am I, most likely! Of course no one gets pregnant with the expectation of having a child with special needs. And of course there’s no guarantee that birthing your own child means your child is less likely to have a disability or SEN.

But that’s a false equivalence IMO.

The argument was that IVF is wrong because there are kids out there needing families. My view is that it isn’t fair on infertile couples to say “Just adopt! Just adopt!” because it’s a hard, hard road only for those who WANT to do it. Not for those who, through sheer bad luck, can’t conceive naturally.

I would honestly wear trainers to my own wedding if i was getting married and even i agree with this. If someone’s having a dress up party i’d think ooh i’ll buy a new jumpsuit/dress and then they say it’s like some boring theme.

I will admit i don’t mind if it’s a creative theme but bore off if it’s Harry Potter or Marvel or 00s 🤣 I like those things but sooooo over done
My go to themed outfit is a bear onesie I bought years ago for sitting round the house in. I can find an excuse to work it into any theme and it's comfortable :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.