Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids are autistic and so am I, most likely! Of course no one gets pregnant with the expectation of having a child with special needs. And of course there’s no guarantee that birthing your own child means your child is less likely to have a disability or SEN.

But that’s a false equivalence IMO.

The argument was that IVF is wrong because there are kids out there needing families. My view is that it isn’t fair on infertile couples to say “Just adopt! Just adopt!” because it’s a hard, hard road only for those who WANT to do it. Not for those who, through sheer bad luck, can’t conceive naturally.
Is having a kid not a hard road though? And realistically if you're going through IVF which is also a hard road with the potential of a lot of heartbreak and failure, then you want to have a child.
I just don't think it matters whether the child is yours biologically or not. A child is a child and every child comes with their own individual needs whether you created them or acquired them. If you have your own kids, get custody of your nieces and nephews, grandkids, the neighbours kids, adopt a kid, that kid is still reliant on you to love and take care of them and meet their needs. All kids have emotional needs. I just don't think it makes a difference if they came from you or not. Like I said, maybe I'm harsh, maybe I don't understand. I am happy to be wrong

Reactions: 3
Primark Disney clothing, unless you’re under 7 or made ward of state.
you have duck all excuse to be wearing that tit,
in public or in bed.

Primark Disney Christmas decorations.
You should really just decorate your tree with petrol and a struck match.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I can’t deal with the fact that people actually saddle their daughters with a name like Lexus. They’re Toyota’s with an inflated price tag, a fancy sounding name and a leather interior.

Only old men drive them in my experience, definitely not a stylish brand of car by any means😂

Reactions: 4
Primark Disney clothing, unless you’re under 7 or made ward of state.
you have duck all excuse to be wearing that tit,
in public or in bed.

Primark Disney Christmas decorations.
You should really just decorate your tree with petrol and a struck match.
Side note to this! It's so annoying when you see a really nice item of clothing on the rack and then you pull it out and it's got some Disney or Harry Potter tit on it.

Also clothes with cringe slogans like "sprinkle kindness like confetti" which is an actual top I saw earlier

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
can’t deal with the fact that people actually saddle their daughters with a name like Lexus. They’re Toyota’s with an inflated price tag,
Toyota with an inflated price tag- Mae
just doesn’t have the same ring to it 😐 bit of a mouthful.

now Lexus Mae sounds like she can handle a mouthful like a pro 😐

Damn, this thread has legitimately broken me 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Anyone who adds “mae” to their daughters names needs to be pelted with balls of tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Is having a kid not a hard road though? And realistically if you're going through IVF which is also a hard road with the potential of a lot of heartbreak and failure, then you want to have a child.
I just don't think it matters whether the child is yours biologically or not. A child is a child and every child comes with their own individual needs whether you created them or acquired them. If you have your own kids, get custody of your nieces and nephews, grandkids, the neighbours kids, adopt a kid, that kid is still reliant on you to love and take care of them and meet their needs. All kids have emotional needs. I just don't think it makes a difference if they came from you or not. Like I said, maybe I'm harsh, maybe I don't understand. I am happy to be wrong
Tbh it's a different love for your own child it's only those that are parents will understand it .I often hear people say they're put off having kids by their experience of looking after family/friends kids but your own child is different you don't have the same emotional attachment that you do to others kids.I love my nieces and nephews but not in the way I love my kids it takes a special kind of person to raise anothers child .

Reactions: 8
People should feel able to say the WANT a biological child and don’t want to adopt without feeling ashamed.

Reactions: 28
We have a family member who would send a letter each year as an ‘update’ (bragging) about their family. At first my mum thought it was a nice idea. Now, when she receives it, we do a three way (with my brother) call and take the absolute piss out of it. Honestly, no one gives a tit, especially not your extended family.
We had one of those in the family, she'd send everyone a letter at Christmas, bragging about her holidays, her new car, her kid getting a good school report, etc, etc. Then her husband got arrested and charged with a historic sex offence. She went a bit quiet after that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
We had one of those in the family, she'd send everyone a letter at Christmas, bragging about her holidays, her new car, her kid getting a good school report, etc, etc. Then her husband got arrested and charged with a historic sex offence. She went a bit quiet after that!
Hope he wasn’t a cannibal as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Those stupid wall stickers are tacky and make your house look stupid.

I’m feeling particularly bitter about this one as I spent hours dangling off the banisters of our stairs, peeling off this sticker that the previous owners had stuck on the wall. WHY?! 😫View attachment 858070
I think this is most offensive thing I've ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Bit scared to post this but here goes:

I don't think IVF or surrogacy should exist, especially not while so many kids are in foster care, children's homes and orphanages around the world.

There was a woman on the news tonight saying she is sharing her story about her fertility struggles because she wants to bring awareness of fertility struggles, the effects on a family and for people to stop saying she's selfish for wanting another baby while she already has a child. They've paid £14,000 for another unsuccessful round of IVF after trying for 8 years. She has a little girl already who's 9/10. She's saying how her kid cries cause she wants a sibling and she drops her kid off at schools and comes home and cries cause she so desperately wants another child and it's like... well with respect, could you not adopt a child? With the money you've spent on IVF you could have given your kid and a child, who will likely spend their whole life in foster care, a fantastic life. I know the adoption process isn't easy but neither is IVF. Maybe I'm harsh idk.

I think, having spent a long time working in the criminal justice system and dealt with lots of kids who have been in the care system, that taking one of them into your home for a limited period of time and them then leaving again would probably be incredibly unsettling to that lady's daughter in the example you give.

Adoption is a beautiful thing in my opinion and I looked into doing it myself. I was very put off though by the fact that apparently most adoptions these days are open adoptions and you have to be willing to accommodate contact with the biological family. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I wouldn't want to risk them seeking to undermine me at every turn and telling my child that they are their "real" mummy. As far as I'm concerned the person doing the hard work and raising you is the real parent, not the one who was deemed unfit to retain custody of the child (and these days I gather most adoptions are because the child has been taken away from the parents, not because the parents have voluntarily given them up).

Being a parent is hard enough to begin with but when you have to negotiate the trauma your child has endured as a result of being taken into care and then adopted, it must be substantially harder. I think people who foster and adopt children are wonderful human beings and I have tremendous respect for them, but I can fully understand anyone wanting to go the IVF or surrogacy route rather than adopting.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Those stupid wall stickers are tacky and make your house look stupid.

I’m feeling particularly bitter about this one as I spent hours dangling off the banisters of our stairs, peeling off this sticker that the previous owners had stuck on the wall. WHY?! 😫View attachment 858070
sell the bleeping house 😂 the ghost of this chavvy sticker will never leave 😂

I think this is most offensive thing I've ever seen.
it would haunt me 😂😂 I’d blast the bleeping wall off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We have a family member who would send a letter each year as an ‘update’ (bragging) about their family. At first my mum thought it was a nice idea. Now, when she receives it, we do a three way (with my brother) call and take the absolute piss out of it. Honestly, no one gives a tit, especially not your extended family.
I think what's insulting about the annual Christmas bragging letter is that it is generally a typed thing that presumably gets enclosed in every single extended family Christmas card! If you care enough to actually write a letter specifically to someone fair enough but don't give your family a mass produced mail out. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Do people still do them these days? I thought everyone just used Facebook for that kind of bragging nowadays!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.