Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh I have another one! Baby showers are pointless, and hen parties should not be requiring people to take time off work and bankrupt themselves spending hundreds of pounds on themed outfits, travel and accommodation.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Weddings are a complete pain in the hole and most of your guests would be happier if you just eloped.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If Katie Price had kept Harvey’s life private instead of whoring him out to the media, Frankie Boyle would have not had the material to make jokes about them.

At the time she said he was being bullied for it. At a junior SN school about a joke that was on a show screened at 10pm, really?

Reactions: 21
Weddings are a complete pain in the hole and most of your guests would be happier if you just eloped.
I hate weddings, I dread whenever I’m invited. even when I’m doing makeup for a bride and anyone else who’s attending a wedding , I’m just wondering “why are you paying so much for just a day” but it’s their lives I can’t really complain and dictate how they should and shouldn’t spend their money.

One of my favourite photos of myself is a picture of me with a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle in a bridesmaids dress at my sisters wedding. Cracks me up

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Bridezillas need to grow the duck up. I had a colleague getting married and I swear from the minute she was engaged right up until the wedding it’s all she talked about. She invited me to her wedding and I let her down on the day i just couldn’t face it anymore after all the build up to it.

I remember her complaining about having to buy her bridesmaids their dresses and how she got them in the sale and how that was their gift to them because they were soooo expensive. How she needed her sister to go on a diet to look good in the photos. Everytime she was interacting with others she had to mention it was coming up to her wedding. No one gives a duck huni!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Bridezillas need to grow the duck up. I had a colleague getting married and I swear from the minute she was engaged right up until the wedding it’s all she talked about. She invited me to her wedding and I let her down on the day i just couldn’t face it anymore after all the build up to it.

I remember her complaining about having to buy her bridesmaids their dresses and how she got them in the sale and how that was their gift to them because they were soooo expensive. How she needed her sister to go on a diet to look good in the photos. Everytime she was interacting with others she had to mention it was coming up to her wedding. No one gives a duck huni!
Bridezillas are a million times worse when they get pregnant 😩

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Bridezillas are a million times worse when they get pregnant 😩
Oh 100000%!!! Thankfully I moved jobs before this bridezilla got pregnant 😅 she did contact me after her baby was born (after 4 years of not seeing or speaking to her) to tell me she had a baby and how it was meeting all its milestones ahead of time 🙄🙄🙄 I just don’t get people I’m defo not a people person

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Same I'm gonna be honest, something about watching the people on there made me feel alot better about myself
I was off ill a couple of years ago with depression. I'm not joking when I say watching those poor souls made me feel better about myself.

Even though I felt absolutely useless and my life was pointless, i would watch that show and think "hen, he's a numpty you don't need him" It made me feel that at least I had "some" self respect 😳😳😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I went through a phase of every job I had I was sitting next to a bride to be. It’s tedious.

One was on the phone to her bridesmaid arranging shoes or whatever and after she came off the phone a male colleague (who was going to the wedding) asked if the bridesmaid was hot. The reply was “no she’s fat and ginger, I picked her to make me look good”. I was so tempted to hit redial on the bridezilla’s desk phone, when she left her desk, and let the bridesmaid know what kind of friend she had.

The same bride thought she looked like Baby from Dirty Dancing and her first dance with her new husband (a balding, middle aged accountant…no Patrick Swayze) was THE dance from DD complete with lift. They hired a dance teacher to teach them the moves.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Referring someone significant in your life as king or queen. More OTT bollocks. It used to be Prince or princess. What next? God? Fgs just calm down ✋ 😣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I went through a phase of every job I had I was sitting next to a bride to be. It’s tedious.

One was on the phone to her bridesmaid arranging shoes or whatever and after she came off the phone a male colleague (who was going to the wedding) asked if the bridesmaid was hot. The reply was “no she’s fat and ginger, I picked her to make me look good”. I was so tempted to hit redial on the bridezilla’s desk phone, when she left her desk, and let the bridesmaid know what kind of friend she had.

The same bride thought she looked like Baby from Dirty Dancing and her first dance with her new husband (a balding, middle aged accountant…no Patrick Swayze) was THE dance from DD complete with lift. They hired a dance teacher to teach them the moves.
I think this is the first time I’ve genuinely laughed out loud at something I’ve read online😂😂😂😂😂

can you imagine learning the moves to DD for the wedding and really thinking you look like baby 😂😂😂😂🤢😭💀

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Totally agree!! This one girl is having about FIVE outfit changes- she wanted the bridesmaids to have this as well so i dropped out because she also wanted us all to buy the outfits but she had to approve each and every one Bit much for me

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I find heavily pregnant brides in white dresses and veil a bit…of a weird look. They are always the ones that take it super seriously and are massive Bridezilla’s but didn’t wait a few months to have unprotected sex?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Mumzillas can also go get in the bin. My coworker is pregnant and I swear to duck I'd know less about it if it was in my own bleeping uterus.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

I’m dealing with this now, a colleague has invited us all and it’s next year and I’ve only been back in the office a week and I’m sick of hearing about colour schemes etc

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ooh I have another one! Baby showers are pointless, and hen parties should not be requiring people to take time off work and bankrupt themselves spending hundreds of pounds on themed outfits, travel and accommodation.
Thank you! Baby Showers are so boring, the majority of it’s just sitting around watching someone open gifts. Normally no opportunity for a decent drink as well because it’s the middle of the day and people generally have other things to get on to.

Reactions: 13
Travelling is overrated and some people act like travelling and wanting to travel is their personality
Absolute blasphemy! I live for travelling but I agree on people posting it all over social media. I might post the odd picture but I hardly every post about where I've been. As somebody who grew up in Africa the fact that Europe is now on my doorstep is amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.