Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The overly-glam-practically-naked-heavily-pregnant photoshoots that seem to be all the rage at the moment. Find them bleeping weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Some more Christmas humbug.

My kids at least are not in the least bit interested in spending Christmas with family. They want to open their presents and spend the rest of the day bitching on social media.

I avoid the office Xmas do as I would avoid the Black Death.

Christmas tree photos on Facebook. Enough said.

It’s is not better to give than to receive. At least not in this context.

There is absolutely nothing on a Christmas dinner which I find tasty or appetising. Except Pigs in Blankets. Which were served on Mount Olympus.

The Fortune Telling fish you get in Christmas Crackers tells lies.
Yes , the works Christmas do. Torture. I hate working with you why would I want to go on a night out and split the bill. No thanks, I’m licking paper chains.,

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I'm quite traditional in that I would want my boyfriend to speak to my Dad before asking me to marry him. I know a lot of people don't agree with that though 😬

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I would rather have a colonoscopy with an entire room of hunks watching than go to my works Christmas party.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
All fizzy drinks are revolting, nothing better and more thirst quenching than ice cold still water.

Nobody is addicted to food, they are just greedy. (& I'm saying that as a fatty myself).

Plain people age so much more favourably than people who were beautiful when young (see Gail Tilsley from Corrie as a point of reference).

Influencers are all thick as tit and if they break ad rules should be permanently banned from Instagram.

Reactions: 13
Molly Mae has a nice body but her head is shaped similarly to a Lego characters head. Her jaw is very square shaped. I don’t know why people think she’s good looking.
She's a classic prawn

All fizzy drinks are revolting, nothing better and more thirst quenching than ice cold still water.

Nobody is addicted to food, they are just greedy. (& I'm saying that as a fatty myself).

Plain people age so much more favourably than people who were beautiful when young (see Gail Tilsley from Corrie as a point of reference).

Influencers are all thick as tit and if they break ad rules should be permanently banned from Instagram.
Jesus Christ she has aged fantastically!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm quite traditional in that I would want my boyfriend to speak to my Dad before asking me to marry him. I know a lot of people don't agree with that though 😬
I agree with you. I know a lot of women say 'my Dad doesn't own me! I'm my own person!' but I don't see it as being like that at all, it's the symbolic gesture I like

• Heart
Reactions: 10
unpopular opinion for me this morning, I think foreign aid is a good thing.

a lot of of organised crime usually starts in developing countries as a result of poverty, lack of policing etc. And results in problems in the U.K. later on down the line - organised crime, trafficking etc. It makes sense to spend the money at the root of the problem. It’s cheaper short term. (Criminal courts and policing is hugely expensive and tackling organised crime is a laborious process)

It’s usually pretty beneficial to the U.K. long term. It builds favourable relationships and dare I say, dependencies. For example the U.K. has established training for policing in certain areas of the world. This means the government are pretty reliant on advice, in simple terms, for how to continue to implement these processes. (the U.K. had the first professional police force in the world - the Met - so if anyone is qualified to help others on the policing front, it’s the U.K. believe it or not). It also means they have a good relationship with the U.K. which paves the way for future trade agreements. It stabilises a country which means the become richer. And they become our wealthy friend, no longer a poor relative relying on handouts.

In a purely moral sense, it saves lives. Global poverty has been reduced by half in the past 20 years. That’s a huge/wonderful achievement.

a lot of people against aid say “but charity starts at home. We have homeless vets” and yeh, we do. But it’s an entirely separate issue. Homelessness is SO hard to tackle because it’s complex AF. And the U.K. has enough money to invest in foreign aid while also helping people at home. If you’re ever in doubt at how much money the U.K. has, look at the money that was found at the back of the sofa for the failed test and trace stuff …

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate dressing up! Get invited ( pre Covid ) to so many parties only to find out it’s a Harry Potter themed party or some random eighties theme. Serious only chance to dress up, in some nice clothes and step away from trainers and you want me to wear a costume!

Both of my children hate dressing up too ( school ) they like to blend in and not stand out can’t bare spending money on costumes and no I’m not creative and don’t own a sawing machine 😆

I’m a woman of a certain age my priority is not playing dressing up. Have a friend who was surprised I haven’t got a dressing up box! Really?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Most big stars aren’t exceptionally talented or creative. Thinking Adele, etc. Most people can be trained to sing. Is just Big Industry Execs pulling the strings and finding someone who fits who they have in mind to promote.

Ed Sheeran’s business and PR acumen far far exceed his musical talent

Reactions: 19
I have been engaged twice and both asked my dad, which I loved. Not for a particular reason apart from tradition

• Heart
Reactions: 6
TLDR should be utilised more. Some posts are like war and peace.

1636541242427.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Most big stars aren’t exceptionally talented or creative. Thinking Adele, etc. Most people can be trained to sing. Is just Big Industry Execs pulling the strings and finding someone who fits who they have in mind to promote.

Ed Sheeran’s business and PR acumen far far exceed his musical talent
Adele is rubbish. She just churns out dreary songs and shouts.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Van Morrison ,Chrissie Hynde and Bob Dylan don't sing ,they talk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.