Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The older you get the more complex your life gets. People have children, own their properties, have pets. Can definitely see the difficulties with trying to "merge" 2 lives in certain situations.
I think LAT (Living Apart Together) is the way to go in these situations. You're in a committed relationship, but haven't blended your lives. There seems to be a lot of pressure on people to live together after a certain point. I'm not sure I'd be in a rush to do that again.

Reactions: 10
I think LAT (Living Apart Together) is the way to go in these situations. You're in a committed relationship, but haven't blended your lives. There seems to be a lot of pressure on people to live together after a certain point. I'm not sure I'd be in a rush to do that again.
I think when theres young kids involved people should definitely keep their romatic life and their home life separate.

I know women who have guys they've met through online dating sleep over, with the kids in the house. Kids then jumping into bed in the morning with a strange man there.

How can you know the man you're moving in is not a peddelo?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I met my husband as a teen although we didn't get together until much later.
It probably makes me sound a bit mad but I don't think I'd really trust someone that I hadn't know for most of their life. Like they could have been a serial killer before I met them. If you don't meet until your in your 30s, can you really know them?

Internet dating freaks me out too. They could litrially be anyone. You know nothing about them other than what they told you.

I had two relationships with people I just met who I didn't really know and they were both abusive arseoles. Which raises the question, if you haven't managed to find a partner through a wider friendship group, education or work - is it because youre a prick?
My sister married her first boyfriend. They met at school and started dating at 17. (They didn't marry till their mid 20s I should add!) However, he left her for another woman and walked out on her and their children. I might sound biased, but she's friendly, hard working, didn't let herself go, etc - so it's not like she gave him a reason to walk out either.

We all thought he was great and never thought he'd do anything like that. Which made me feel like we never truly know someone; no matter how long they've been around.

Sorry to be depressing!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
My sister married her first boyfriend. They met at school and started dating at 17. (They didn't marry till their mid 20s I should add!) However, he left her for another woman and walked out on her and their children. I might sound biased, but she's friendly, hard working, didn't let herself go, etc - so it's not like she gave him a reason to walk out either.

We all thought he was great and never thought he'd do anything like that. Which made me feel like we never truly know someone; now matter how long they've been around.

Sorry to be depressing!
Oh yeah anyone one can turn into a twatt. But at least if you know them from young you know their past. If you meet some random in his 30s he could have been in prison for diddling kids for all you know. Or could have beaten his first wife. Or could really like Queen!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh yeah anyone one can turn into a twatt. But at least if you know them from young you know their past. If you meet some random in his 30s he could have been in prison for diddling kids for all you know. Or could have beaten his first wife. Or could really like Queen!
Well, true. I suppose you feel a bit better if you meet long term friends of theirs.

Reactions: 2
My friend changes her colour scheme every 2 years, so her curtains, cushions, carpets and sofas are all chucked out and replaced. Fortunately, she donates them to BHF who then sell them on, but even so, it's just so wasteful. In the time I've known her she's gone from minimalist black leather and chrome, to country cottage chintz, and is currently embracing the crushed grey velvet trend. She's already planning her next look.

Just found this thread and can't believe anyone would be so fickle. 😅. I've had my sofa nearly 30 years and am just deciding to replace. Although I do like silver/grey crushed velvet (don't judge me). I've had my tumble dryer since 1979 and still use it. 😱.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
In terms of women's sports I think there a few stars who rise up and are genuinely as interesting to watch as the men. But there's just not as many who come through to break the barrier.

Reactions: 4
Yes definitely, always be suspicious of parters that keep you outside their friendship and family circles. Or worse don't have any.
100% this! My ex told me his neighbours didn’t like him but he had no idea why… turns out it was because he left his ex wife beaten and half naked on the front lawn for them to take in! Also never seemed to mention any friends but we met just before covid so thought it was due to lockdown etc… turns out he’d been sleeping with his best mates wife for 5 years 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
she can't be that successful. Neither I nor anyone I know has heard of her lol
Only ever see her on shows with other comedians. Obvious she's only ever on these shows to fulfil a quota and tick the boxes. Same as Shappi 'I'm Iranian' Khorsandi.

Good God, TV execs can't just leave comedy to talented comedians...think about the uproar from the woke (who probably don't find Rosie Jones funny either).

I've yet to find anyone who does actually like her comedy.

Reactions: 9
All inclusive holidays are the worst kind of holiday.
I think they're fine if you just want to chill by the pool and not worry about paying for food and drink. I've done them and enjoyed it but the most memorable trips are definitely those where I explored local places and hardly spent time in the hotel

Reactions: 15
I think they're fine if you just want to chill by the pool and not worry about paying for food and drink. I've done them and enjoyed it but the most memorable trips are definitely those where I explored local places and hardly spent time in the hotel
this is exactly my favourite type of holiday! To be honest I couldn’t care where I am in the world as long as the food is nice, the pool cold and the weather hot! (Im not a total philistine I’ve done the culture thing separately!). Although the last one was in Dubai where all inclusive obviously has a different meaning when you’re only allowed 3 of the 10 cocktails on the menu 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
this is exactly my favourite type of holiday! To be honest I couldn’t care where I am in the world as long as the food is nice, the pool cold and the weather hot! (Im not a total philistine I’ve done the culture thing separately!). Although the last one was in Dubai where all inclusive obviously has a different meaning when you’re only allowed 3 of the 10 cocktails on the menu 🤦🏼‍♀️
Yes it's nice sometimes. Though after lockdown I'm keen to explore places, enough of being stuck in one place 🤣

Would not go to Dubai if they paid me though

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.