Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Further to our discussion on colour blind casting.. I see they are now offering the name of a disabled actress for the next Doctor Who.. PLEASE. it's an action series... how much do you think you can write around the fact that the Dr is in a wheelchair and therefore easy for villians to catch.. just ludicrous

• Wow
Reactions: 13
People who wear dryrobes walking the dog/watching football/ normal wear are twats. They are for chucking on after water sports.. that’s it 🫠🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Further to our discussion on colour blind casting.. I see they are now offering the name of a disabled actress for the next Doctor Who.. PLEASE. it's an action series... how much do you think you can write around the fact that the Dr is in a wheelchair and therefore easy for villians to catch.. just ludicrous
Everything's gone ludicrous. It has to tick boxes or not happen,nowadays.

Reactions: 8
I dislike Nutella, Lotus Biscoff and peanut butter. Never tried Botox 😆

Everything's gone ludicrous. It has to tick boxes or not happen,nowadays.
There's an episode of Modern Family were Cameron and Mitchell are trying to get Lilly onto a certain school that has limited places. They think they're in with a chance because they are gay until they realise they're up against another couple who are lesbians. The horror when they see one of the lesbians is in wheelchair. 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
this is exactly my favourite type of holiday! To be honest I couldn’t care where I am in the world as long as the food is nice, the pool cold and the weather hot! (Im not a total philistine I’ve done the culture thing separately!). Although the last one was in Dubai where all inclusive obviously has a different meaning when you’re only allowed 3 of the 10 cocktails on the menu 🤦🏼‍♀️
yep I do love exploring places and have been very lucky to see quite a few places (thanks to cheapy airlines!) but there have been times when we’ve just felt burnt out with work etc and a ‘fly n flop’ type holiday has been amazing.

Reactions: 5
Another unpopular opinion because I've been on a roll lately and am getting more bitter with age:
I think some actors are grossly overpaid. It's obscene that RDJ earned $75 million for his last Marvel movie.
Yes, they work long hours, have grueling press tours, and have to be uber charming at events, interviews, comic cons...it's a lot of work. But it's not $75 mill's worth. How can one individual earn that much on one movie?
The top 1% keep getting richer whilst everyone else gets properly shafted! Do not get me started on Bezos and the labour conditions in Amazon (but that one's not an unpopular opinion anyway).

Reactions: 19
Another unpopular opinion because I've been on a roll lately and am getting more bitter with age:
I think some actors are grossly overpaid. It's obscene that RDJ earned $75 million for his last Marvel movie.
Yes, they work long hours, have grueling press tours, and have to be uber charming at events, interviews, comic cons...it's a lot of work. But it's not $75 mill's worth. How can one individual earn that much on one movie?
The top 1% keep getting richer whilst everyone else gets properly shafted! Do not get me started on Bezos and the labour conditions in Amazon (but that one's not an unpopular opinion anyway).
Not defending actors salaries, I agree thats so much money - but I think RDJ in particular makes a lot as he renogiated years ago to take a percentage cut of profit which obviously relies on the movie being successful. And Avengers Endgame made nearly 3 billion sooo

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not defending actors salaries, I agree thats so much money - but I think RDJ in particular makes a lot as he renogiated years ago to take a percentage cut of profit which obviously relies on the movie being successful. And Avengers Endgame made nearly 3 billion sooo
Think it's a bit similar thing to the women's sport one with female athletes getting paid less. Unfortunately, salaries aren't based on who deserves more pay but on what brings the most money.

Reactions: 8
I read a story from America that someone had done terrible crimes but evaded police and then changed their name to start a whole new life. Got to their 70s and were discovered by police, their entire family had no idea and this person went to prison.
hoping that this is less likely now in the age of social media. If someone hasn’t got Facebook then you should be suspicious😅😂
My partner doesn’t have FB and his ex-wife moved to Australia soon after we met. He has a really large pond 👀🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I'm sure the daleks had wheels and they got on OK, they lear/ evolved to levitate

Reactions: 4
I prefer womens tennis! I'll watch men's but for some reason I like women's more . I also think that male figure skaters look way more polished than women and have more exciting music choices and choreography, but i'd rather watch ice dance and pairs over both of them! I just think women's skating can drone on.

Men's gymnastics has more boring apparatus to me, parallel bars, pommel, rings are so boring to me, and even though mens floor has flashier acrobatics I prefer the music and dance elements in women's floor routines.

Overall though I think the more natural athletic ability men have make for much more exciting watches and gameplay, just how the world is I guess.

Reactions: 5
The whole rainbow bridge thing is pathetic when used by adults. Grow the duck up your dog is dead get over it.

It's also super cringy when people get memorial/dedication tattoos to their pets. This is Fido's paw print I just love him so much. It's a bleeping dog and your tat looks tit.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
The whole rainbow bridge thing is pathetic when used by adults. Grow the duck up your dog is dead get over it.

It's also super cringy when people get memorial/dedication tattoos to their pets. This is Fido's paw print I just love him so much. It's a bleeping dog and your tat looks tit.
Wow i totally disagree. And find it bizarre some people don't understand why others love their pets so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Blimey. I can maybe see your point about the rainbow bridge stuff but people cope in different ways- is this really harming anyone?

Full disclosure - my dog is on the way out, I have no tattoos planned but I’m going to be absolutely gutted when he goes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Wow i totally disagree. And find it bizarre some people don't understand why others love their pets so much.
I do find those public displays of emotion on social media a bit cringe and contrived but I agree I find it really callous when people see animals as 'just a dog/cat' or whatever and don't get the connection someone has with their pet. It just suggests a lack of empathy to me and is a bit of a red flag. Of course some people aren't animal people and fair enough but I love animals more than people so yeah I can't really understand it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The "rainbow bridge" is no more more ridiculous or pathetic than the concept of heaven is to an atheist or religious people who don't believe in an afterlife.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The "rainbow bridge" is no more more ridiculous or pathetic than the concept of heaven is to an atheist or religious people who don't believe in an afterlife.
I’m an atheist but I believe in reincarnation… and also the rainbow bridge! Had to have my cat put to sleep a couple of years back, came out of the vets and there was literally a rainbow in the sky above. Realise that sounds stupid now!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.