Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People in the states & well anywhere really who ask for their leftovers to be boxed up at a restaurant are skanky. My mil came here for a holiday from the states & was obsessed with getting her leftovers, no matter how small boxed up. I think she was actually waiting for somewhere to say no, just so she could moan. But seriously it’s rank.
I understand why they do it in the US as the meals are so huge. It's not often I would do it here. I remember once our whole table asked for doggy boxes and they put everyone's leftovers in the same huge box.😲

we had hardly touched it as was waiting so long we were drunk and ate all the bar snacks before being called to our table

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Less people want to watch women's sports. Less viewers = Less sponsors = Less money.

Maybe this is a sexist societal attitude but we have all seen women's sports and can decide for ourselves if it's interesting enough to watch.
I'm all for equality but in athletics males are just unarguably better.

If the tables were turned I would argue that male athletes don't deserve the same pay as female, but it's not.

And it's not like female athletes are living on the breadline, even with they pay disparity they are still raking it in.
Men are generally speaking, bigger, faster and stronger making the sport more exciting.

I'll take men's tennis over women's tennis anyday. In fact, I only watch the men's tennis. Same with football.

Some sports they are equal. Show jumping for one but that is because it is down to skill not the physical capabilities of the rider.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
People in the states & well anywhere really who ask for their leftovers to be boxed up at a restaurant are skanky. My mil came here for a holiday from the states & was obsessed with getting her leftovers, no matter how small boxed up. I think she was actually waiting for somewhere to say no, just so she could moan. But seriously it’s rank.
why waste food? especially in an age of 1. eco disaster and 2 cost of living crisis..

I'm the opposite.. I can't stand food waste. I cannot tell you how appalled I am that whenever I am anywhere food is bought or served the amount of food people buy and then just leave on their plate is disgusting.. yes I admit because of my current situation I am more likely to notice this and also the amount of food thrown on the floor outside etc but it's something that always amazes me.

When I was younger I had a few days temp work in the kitchens of a large company in Leeds.. I worked on loading the industrial dishwashers.. the trays etc would come through on a conveyor and the amount of people who had bought a main meal, barely eaten any of it but then bought a dessert and done the same was shocking.. so much food wasted. If you are not hungry enough to eat a full main meal then why order a dessert too? Sheer greed. At the time we were seeing a lot in the media about countries with famines etc and I used to go home every day so sad..

UO I don't believe that there are as many bisexuals as there claims to be..

I can think of several content creators online mostly in and around the book tube community but some others .. off the top of my head at least 9 spring to mind immediately but all of them , ALL of them are either in a relationship with or married to a cis man... they all go round describing themselves as queer but if you are seeing a man then surely you mean bisexual... when did it become not ok to use the word bisexual? and do they all say this for likes or do they mean they once experimented, appreciated a woman's attractiveness or had a dream etc then that makes them queer? I am 100 per cent straight but can appreciate if someone or either sex or gender is attractive.. doesn't mean I go around calling myself queer..

What am I missing here because surely I must have skipped something??

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
With the sports argument I think hype has a part to play too. I watch a lot of cricket and football but I always enjoy men’s matches more. It’s not necessarily because the actual match is better, but it’s because the male players seem to be a lot more well known.

Reactions: 6
All this "Colour blind casting" that's going on at the moment isn't "colour blind" at all as you'd never see an historically black character or figure portrayed by a white actor

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Jubilee-pageant-diverse-Britain.html#comments
Normally, I'd be right behind this but on this occasion I can sort of see it. TQ is HoS for so many countries. They should have had someone from various Commonwealth countries playing her. She is their Queen too and it would have been symbolic.

Reactions: 1
further to my post above.. also since when did the word lesbian become unacceptable? These people are always referring to sapphic romances etc . What's suddenly wrong with using the term lesbian?

I honestly can't keep up these days :(

Reactions: 7
If I ever ate out and couldn’t finish eating, I would ask to take it home. I’ve paid for it and I wasn’t going to waste food either. I’ve never had a restaurant be funny about it.

My mother grew up poor and it was drummed into us that she wouldn’t let us waste anything either. We’d always have leftovers the next day.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If I get served a meal I know I can't finish (which is most of the time), I ask for half of it to be boxed up immediately, before I start eating. It irritates the tit out of waiters tbf, but I want the untouched food boxed up so I can give it to a homeless person after I leave the restaurant. People judge me and think I'm weird but, I won't stop doing it. I've never been called skanky or rank over it, though.

Edit: Oh I misunderstood the initial post. I concur that it is quite rank if you try to have the final remnants of a mostly-eaten meal several hours later. I wouldn't be able to, either. Totally different to what I was describing initially.
That’s nice You give it to the homeless ❤
I’ve lost quite a fair chunk of my stomach. I really cannot eat a full portion of anything. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking home or keeping , if we have a takeaway , leftover Indian , Chinese or Thai food , even cold fish on bread or butter or put through the air fryer for 3 minutes is nice , if not better. A lot of places I order a child’s meal , but it’s always nuggets , fish fingers or sausages , or a rank burger . I just want a normal adult meal but a very small portion of it . I still enjoy food
A standard takeaway of rice , main and naan bread would absolutely do me 3 meals .. A Chinese 2 /3 sittings . I have a houseful and a takeaway would easily cost £40+ , so if I’m having a couple mouthful of each thing and I’ve overdone it , then why not have leftover if I’ve spent best part of well over £40.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Normally, I'd be right behind this but on this occasion I can sort of see it. TQ is HoS for so many countries. They should have had someone from various Commonwealth countries playing her. She is their Queen too and it would have been symbolic.
Colour blind casting etc.. quite often this is just to hit a few diversity boxes.. One of my favourite shows is a French show on Netflix called Call My Agent about theatrical and film agents.. Amazon wants to recommend a series called Ten Per Cent which is effectively a remake.. from the promo photo they seem to have replaced two characters with... one Asian man and one black woman... it's box ticking..

I'm not going to watch it anyway as it will probably be crap... they have lost all the fun of the French series which featured actors playing themselves and just nicked the story lines

• Heart
Colour blind casting etc.. quite often this is just to hit a few diversity boxes.. One of my favourite shows is a French show on Netflix called Call My Agent about theatrical and film agents.. Amazon wants to recommend a series called Ten Per Cent which is effectively a remake.. from the promo photo they seem to have replaced two characters with... one Asian man and one black woman... it's box ticking..

I'm not going to watch it anyway as it will probably be crap... they have lost all the fun of the French series which featured actors playing themselves and just nicked the story lines
Loved Call my agent.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Men are generally speaking, bigger, faster and stronger making the sport more exciting.

I'll take men's tennis over women's tennis anyday. In fact, I only watch the men's tennis. Same with football.

Some sports they are equal. Show jumping for one but that is because it is down to skill not the physical capabilities of the rider.
You won’t see women playing 5 sets for equality any time soon but expect the same winnings

With the sports argument I think hype has a part to play too. I watch a lot of cricket and football but I always enjoy men’s matches more. It’s not necessarily because the actual match is better, but it’s because the male players seem to be a lot more well known.
Same with darts . I’ve grown up since a babe watching darts as it was always around my family . My children now watch it
There are very talented women darts players , however , the true legends of darts goes back to before Phil Taylor and he is a darts legend.

Men's sports have been televised and promoted more heavily and for a much longer time, so it seems to me that male players have been able to build a presence and profile much more quickly.

Reactions: 7
What about womens world champions V mens world champions? Do you think they deserve the same money for being the best in the world at their sport?
Interesting debate this,

Proper lit a fire up my arse 🔥 come for me, I’m ready 🔥 😂

In terms of sport I agree that where for example football and rugby is concerned women can't compete with the levels of excitement. However there are a lot of other sport where I think they are just as exciting to watch.
I think it should probably be an on individual sports basis whether they get paid the same. But somebody made an interesting point ie tennis. Why should they be paid the same as men when the men have to play longer

Also on a side note there is some sports men can't compete with women like gymnastics and skating. I just think women outclass them in those fields

Reactions: 3
What about womens world champions V mens world champions? Do you think they deserve the same money for being the best in the world at their sport?
Interesting debate this,

Proper lit a fire up my arse 🔥 come for me, I’m ready 🔥 😂
it depends on the sport imo! like said upthread, female tennis stars don’t go to five sets like the men do, however a female boxer (like katie taylor last night) can go just as many rounds as a man. likewise a female jockey does essentially the same job, a female racecar driver too.

for me it would ultimately be: are the sports the same and would a female and male champion have completed the same “activity” (i can’t think of another way to word it 🤣)? if so, then they absolutely should be paid the same.

i acknowledge that comes with loads of variables though: male and female rugby players for example do the “same” thing but the stress and physical toll on a man’s body is naturally more because of their size.

i realise that i haven’t given you a direct answer 🤣

Also what needs to be taken into consideration is the revenue they are bringing in. It's alright to say should champions be paid the same but if one is bringing in revenue's in the £10millions you can't compare to somebody who's revenue is only brining in like a couple of million

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.