Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also on a side note there is some sports men can't compete with women like gymnastics and skating. I just think women outclass them in those fields
in both gymnastics and skating though, men and women do completely different disciplines. men don’t do the beam, but women don’t do pommel horse or rings because of the upper body strength needed. likewise with the types of jumps in skating - the women do things men can’t and vice versa.

it’s a quandary tbh! so many variables.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think it’s fair to compare male and female sports really - men are bigger, stronger and faster than women, so it’s comparing apples with oranges isn’t it?

Reactions: 18
why waste food? especially in an age of 1. eco disaster and 2 cost of living crisis..

I'm the opposite.. I can't stand food waste. I cannot tell you how appalled I am that whenever I am anywhere food is bought or served the amount of food people buy and then just leave on their plate is disgusting.. yes I admit because of my current situation I am more likely to notice this and also the amount of food thrown on the floor outside etc but it's something that always amazes me.

When I was younger I had a few days temp work in the kitchens of a large company in Leeds.. I worked on loading the industrial dishwashers.. the trays etc would come through on a conveyor and the amount of people who had bought a main meal, barely eaten any of it but then bought a dessert and done the same was shocking.. so much food wasted. If you are not hungry enough to eat a full main meal then why order a dessert too? Sheer greed. At the time we were seeing a lot in the media about countries with famines etc and I used to go home every day so sad..

UO I don't believe that there are as many bisexuals as there claims to be..

I can think of several content creators online mostly in and around the book tube community but some others .. off the top of my head at least 9 spring to mind immediately but all of them , ALL of them are either in a relationship with or married to a cis man... they all go round describing themselves as queer but if you are seeing a man then surely you mean bisexual... when did it become not ok to use the word bisexual? and do they all say this for likes or do they mean they once experimented, appreciated a woman's attractiveness or had a dream etc then that makes them queer? I am 100 per cent straight but can appreciate if someone or either sex or gender is attractive.. doesn't mean I go around calling myself queer..

What am I missing here because surely I must have skipped something??
Ha! Well it is unpopular opinions

Reactions: 2
Colour blind casting etc.. quite often this is just to hit a few diversity boxes.. One of my favourite shows is a French show on Netflix called Call My Agent about theatrical and film agents.. Amazon wants to recommend a series called Ten Per Cent which is effectively a remake.. from the promo photo they seem to have replaced two characters with... one Asian man and one black woman... it's box ticking..

I'm not going to watch it anyway as it will probably be crap... they have lost all the fun of the French series which featured actors playing themselves and just nicked the story lines
I adore Call My Agent. Absolutely brilliant and I too noticed the casting for Ten Percent.

I will probably watch Ten Percent but I very much doubt it will match the original.

• Heart
I think the issue is that they actually make women compete in fewer sets in tennis and shorter distances in cross country running (in some cases) etc when they could easily do the same distance/amount of sets as men

Reactions: 5
I don’t think it’s fair to compare male and female sports really - men are bigger, stronger and faster than women, so it’s comparing apples with oranges isn’t it?
I wasn't comparing as such, just said that women version of stuff like tennis, boxing and football is a lot more boring.

It is general consensus that someone like Serena Williams wouldn't get anywhere near the top ranking male tennis players.

I think the issue is that they actually make women compete in fewer sets in tennis and shorter distances in cross country running (in some cases) etc when they could easily do the same distance/amount of sets as men
Yeah. I've never understood why women only play 3 sets. They could easily play 5.

Reactions: 4
Women wouldn’t get anywhere against men that’s why they have separate but that’s also why they separate by age because kids u15 wouldn’t be anywhere against adults. It’s only fair

to be fair to the op i was replying to, they weren’t comparing male and female athletes, but asking a general question about pay. in a lot of sports (like horse racing, dressage, car racing) a man’s physical attributes don’t give them an advantage really.

serena williams has said numerous times that she wants to and feels able to play five sets but it’s the tournament organisers who push back, which seems odd.

I adore Call My Agent. Absolutely brilliant and I too noticed the casting for Ten Percent.

I will probably watch Ten Percent but I very much doubt it will match the original.
keep me posted as to if it's worth a try though.. i thought the original was top class..

I think the happiest relationships are couples that meet in high school or university and grow up together - as opposed to trying to force two fully formed adult lives together like a corporate merger. I always wanted to settle down very young and never did, I'm getting married this year at 33 (met my fiance at 29) and if I could have my time over again, yeah, it'd be much much earlier

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Rosie Jones is totally unfunny. She wouldn't be successful if she didnt have a disability. She just shrieks, squeals and resorts to vulgarity to cover up the fact that she has no comedic talent whatsoever. Other comedians fawn over her and its totally patronising and disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think the happiest relationships are couples that meet in high school or university and grow up together - as opposed to trying to force two fully formed adult lives together like a corporate merger. I always wanted to settle down very young and never did, I'm getting married this year at 33 (met my fiance at 29) and if I could have my time over again, yeah, it'd be much much earlier
The older you get the more complex your life gets. People have children, own their properties, have pets. Can definitely see the difficulties with trying to "merge" 2 lives in certain situations.

Reactions: 9
Rosie Jones is totally unfunny. She wouldn't be successful if she didnt have a disability. She just shrieks, squeals and resorts to vulgarity to cover up the fact that she has no comedic talent whatsoever. Other comedians fawn over her and its totally patronising and disingenuous.
she can't be that successful. Neither I nor anyone I know has heard of her lol

• Haha
People who use text speak when having proper conversations need to grow up and speak properly. I’m fed up of having to mentally picture acronyms when speaking to people.

• Haha
I met my husband as a teen although we didn't get together until much later.
It probably makes me sound a bit mad but I don't think I'd really trust someone that I hadn't know for most of their life. Like they could have been a serial killer before I met them. If you don't meet until your in your 30s, can you really know them?

Internet dating freaks me out too. They could litrially be anyone. You know nothing about them other than what they told you.

I had two relationships with people I just met who I didn't really know and they were both abusive arseoles. Which raises the question, if you haven't managed to find a partner through a wider friendship group, education or work - is it because youre a prick?

I read a story from America that someone had done terrible crimes but evaded police and then changed their name to start a whole new life. Got to their 70s and were discovered by police, their entire family had no idea and this person went to prison.
hoping that this is less likely now in the age of social media. If someone hasn’t got Facebook then you should be suspicious😅😂

• Haha
I read a story from America that someone had done terrible crimes but evaded police and then changed their name to start a whole new life. Got to their 70s and were discovered by police, their entire family had no idea and this person went to prison.
hoping that this is less likely now in the age of social media. If someone hasn’t got Facebook then you should be suspicious😅😂
My ex had a whole other family when he was with his wife. He spent the week with his 2nd family and the weekend with his wife and kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
There was a doc on Netflix I think and the next door neighbour turned out to be a Nazi or serial killer or something. No one in the community knew and people even stood up for him and claimed he was innocent when he got caught.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.