Unpopular opinions #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember my mum and dad being invited over to a friendā€™s house one evening and when they got there it was all set up with a slide show of photos from the holiday theyā€™d just been on šŸ¤£ I think it was somewhere fairly exotic - maybe a safari - but my parents complained about how boring it was for years after!!
Now of course people just put albums and albums on FB ā€œour holiday part 1ā€ etc etc. I donā€™t look at them because I donā€™t care, but at least I donā€™t have to have them shoved in my face!
See Facebook has kind of lessened this sort of behaviour because itā€™s there if someone genuinely wishes to see it and no bother if you donā€™t.

Remember when social media wasnt a big thing and having to dread people coming back from their holidays because of the need to show you all the photographs šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“

Reactions: 8
Iā€™ve spent my whole adult life going on as many holidays as I can afford. Holidays. Including about 9 months of my life over several trips in Oz and same again for the States. I couldnā€™t even add up European holidays and mini breaks. I see myself as a holidaymaker, not a traveller because Iā€™m not wanky like that. Iā€™d never put ā€œtravellingā€ down as a hobby on a form.

The travelling bit I hate, itā€™s the being there I like.

I donā€™t have a single photo of scenery with out me or a companion in it. I find scenery photos tit. My very sensible elderly friend used to buy wee guide books of places she liked, she reckons the photos in those are far superior to anything sheā€™d take.

Reactions: 13
My UO is that people can kindly duck off condemning others for shopping in the likes of Penneys (or Primark for those of u not from Ireland šŸ˜…) because of fast fashion. The majority of clothes I buy, even from these cheaper stores, I keep and rewear for years! Not everyone can afford to buy from expensive boutiques and to wear items of clothing only once!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My UO is that people can kindly duck off condemning others for shopping in the likes of Penneys (or Primark for those of u not from Ireland šŸ˜…) because of fast fashion. The majority of clothes I buy, even from these cheaper stores, I keep and rewear for years! Not everyone can afford to buy from expensive boutiques and to wear items of clothing only once!
Usually the type of people to shame shoppers of fast-fashion (Primark/Penneyā€™s, Boohoo, ASOS etc) donā€™t give a tit about sustainability and the supply chain, they just want to look cool for ā€œcaring about the environmentā€ and the ā€œworkers rightsā€. There are so many industries that are paying workers below minimum wages and with awful working conditions. But because itā€™s not ā€œfashionā€ people donā€™t care. They wonā€™t think twice about getting their nails done in a walk-in Vietnamese nail bar or getting their car washed at a Romanian car wash/valeter.

Reactions: 21
UO: I hate forum cliques. You're not my friend (nor foe), if I like what you say some thread doesn't mean I'll like your views always and fawn over you.
Also goes for the opposite too, if I disagree with you doesn't mean I'll disagree with you always.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Unpopular opinion, the concept of "dressing for your body" is NOT fatphobic.

Dressing for your body doesn't just apply to overweight people. It can apply to short/tall/big/small etc. Fit is a big deal when it comes to clothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
1.I hate it when chocolate makers try to make you think you're still getting a lot for your money. "8 bars" of twirl when they always used to be sold as two together before they started being individually wrapped. šŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
TikTok has made people way too insensitive. In relation to a previous conversation about people asking how other people have died, whenever someone alludes to having lost someone the comments are flooded with story time requests. Then people get annoyed if the person does one but takes a little while to get into explaining or doesnā€™t go into enough detail. Iā€™ve also seen way too many jokes about the war between Ukraine and Russia. Kids in Britain and America are posting stupid tit like ā€œfirst was kinda nervousā€ as if people in Ukraine arenā€™t genuinely terrified at the prospect of losing everythingā€™s.
I also think the way itā€™s so easy to build a platform on TikTok has meant the term influencer means nothing now since people can make a living by making random content. I know YouTube is similar but there is an element of skill and planning that goes into the most successful YouTuberā€™s videos which is why itā€™s so much harder to build a platform and stay relevant.
Tiktok is the next level of dumbing down society. What is with the videos and the stupid music? What is wrong with the original audio šŸ˜… 90% of the videos on tiktok are mind numbing tit and the comments are even worse.
I saw that comment 'first war, kinda nervous' šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 14
I would go as far to say the type of people who ā€œhumaniseā€ their pets are actually bad owners.
This 100%.

I know someone that babies their dog and as a result the dog is like a spoilt child. Unpredictable, unruly and prone to aggression. But no one will do anything when the dog bites because it's their baby.

Dogs are dogs, they need rules and boundeies. Too many dogs are fat as well because the owners over indulge them.

Reactions: 11
I'm seeing a lot of posts on my socials esp Instagram about people in the US and UK who may be suffering from anxiety because of the situation in the Ukraine. Aside from any humanitarian sympathy feelings and possible further increases in energy prices. WHY? It really will not affect you as far as I can tell unless you have friends and relatives over there and/or if Putin nukes us all. Why would it cause Charlene from Stoke anxiety?? (Prepared to admit if there is something I am not quite getting here)

I'm seeing a lot of posts on my socials esp Instagram about people in the US and UK who may be suffering from anxiety because of the situation in the Ukraine. Aside from any humanitarian sympathy feelings and possible further increases in energy prices. WHY? It really will not affect you as far as I can tell unless you have friends and relatives over there and/or if Putin nukes us all. Why would it cause Charlene from Stoke anxiety?? (Prepared to admit if there is something I am not quite getting here)
I would imagine it's 24/7 doom and gloom of it all that causes anxiety. And you can't just 'turn the tv off' these days. With social media and the internet big stories seem to follow you at every turn.

i'm impressed if you manage to keep and rewear things from Primark for years. They usually fall apart.. I have a few t shirts I bought years ago in the mega hot summer of 2018 for holidays as they were super thin but 1 I've barely worn them and 2 they are all bobbly and not really fit for wearing out of the house

I would imagine it's 24/7 doom and gloom of it all that causes anxiety. And you can't just 'turn the tv off' these days. With social media and the internet big stories seem to follow you at every turn.
ah I see. TBH I don't watch the news of any kind even on socials etc because of all this doom and gloom..so not really affecting me. I was never one for news etc and only looked into what I needed to know about the pandemic at the start especially. There will always be big stories I think there is more of an abundance of the snowflake mentality . where you have to put trigger warnings on Charles Dickens etc sort of answers my own question there.

If I'm honest I have enough to worry about in my own life without all this...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Tbh I'm worried about him pressing the red button. The man is insane in sure of it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have things from Primark Iā€™ve worn every week when working in the office. Their standard shaped blouses are about Ā£7 and man made fibres so donā€™t need ironed and they wash well. They do stay black jeans at Ā£15 guaranteed for 100 washes or something that I also get. Not sure if Iā€™ve reached 100 washed yet but theyā€™re still going strong. I bought a black puffa jacket in their sale for Ā£5 years ago. I wore it a lot, my first teenager nicked it from me and she wore it loads and now my second teenager has nabbed it and wears it all the time. I do buy them their own clothes but that one has been a favourite for 3 of us!

I think it may be the uncertainty of the situation and the prospect of a World War is frightening. I just feel so very sad for the poor souls in Ukraine.

I have things from Primark Iā€™ve worn every week when working in the office. Their standard shaped blouses are about Ā£7 and man made fibres so donā€™t need ironed and they wash well. They do stay black jeans at Ā£15 guaranteed for 100 washes or something that I also get. Not sure if Iā€™ve reached 100 washed yet but theyā€™re still going strong. I bought a black puffa jacket in their sale for Ā£5 years ago. I wore it a lot, my first teenager nicked it from me and she wore it loads and now my second teenager has nabbed it and wears it all the time. I do buy them their own clothes but that one has been a favourite for 3 of us!
Even if they don't stay black (although my primark ones have outlasted more expensive brands) you can dye them with dylon pods.

Ā£5 pod does about 3 pairs.

I have black jeans from primark i have worn twice a week for about 5 years if not longer. I just dye them every couple of years haha

Reactions: 6
Because energy prices are over the roof and they'll increase even more. Same withgasoline and basic products. In Spain the electricity bill has increase 50% since last year, it's scary to think it'll become worse.

Reactions: 9
Unpopular opinion, the concept of "dressing for your body" is NOT fatphobic.

Dressing for your body doesn't just apply to overweight people. It can apply to short/tall/big/small etc. Fit is a big deal when it comes to clothing.
I agree
I would even go further and say fat people should not wear skimpy clothes. Skimpy and revealing clothes are for showing off a hot body. You wanna wear belly tops, hot pants an cut out dressess - then eat less and get down the gym, and earn the body to wear that stuff.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.