Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DuckDuck

VIP Member
Mikita oliver was on sunday Brunch this morning. I found her overly try hard and trying to make it the Makita Show
Dont think Ant and Dec are remotely funny ,
Think Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale are utter shit and dont watch any of them.
Think Danny Dyer and equally Dani Dyer are utterly dire and can't stand either of them
Avocado is shit and so are bananas , all that squelching makes me heave

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Casperoo

Chatty Member
Why do people ask what's wrong or assume you are pregnant when you don't drink on a night out? It's very very annoying when they ask oh are you pregnant. We can't have kids due to medical reasons, obviously these people don't know this. But people should really think before they speak. I'm nearly 36 yrs old and some even ask when am i going to start having kids as I'm pushing on in age and time will run out. As i said. People should think before they open their gob.

• Heart

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
Been seeing a lot of Ukrainian flags on peoples profile pictures on social media. Pointless virtue signalling to make themselves look good.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Did you not answer your own question there? I
I couldn't understand why everyone was so desperate to sit next to family for such a short period of time when flying to Spain or the South of France etc etc. It was never that vital to me.

When I was on a flight in October and I was sitting next to my adult daughter and I had a guy sitting next to me whining about how he had been separated from his wife. To the point where he made snide remarks about how we had got seats together and yet 'a man can't sit next to his wife' . I wanted to say 'it's 4 hours you dickhead. You'll survive. ' The thing was, she was in the row behind us!!

• Haha

Retro80s

VIP Member
Balenciaga footwear.

The most horrendous looking trainers I’ve ever seen, why do people pay good money for them?

They even have your size on the front of the shoe, why???

They are UGLY, too many people are 🐑 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
Booking fees on tickets are a scam and should be abolished. What is it about booking cinema tickets online that justifies an extra 75p on top of each ticket?

• Heart

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
My unpopular opinion is that mobility scooters need to slow down. This after I had one reverse into me yesterday in morrisons when I was stood looking at the bread and my leg still hurts 😫

• Wow
  • Heart
Women are just as capable as fighting as men though. Look at the Kurdish Women's army in Syria who were a massive part in driving ISIS back.
Are they random housewives or trained soldiers with appropriate weapons. We're talking about everyday normal people.

Take 10 random men and 10 random women, which group do you think will have more people able to punch, throw far, lift heavy objects, carry heavy packs, load and use guns, build temporary shelters, dig.

It's got nothing to do with sexisum and simply biology and how woman and men are conditioned and raised .

Many women are capable of being soldiers and fighting, but when recruiting your army from civilians, men are always gonna be the safer option.

• Heart

BattleAxing

VIP Member
Humanising pets and thinking they think and see the world the same way we do just makes them spoilt and annoying to be around, especially dogs. They need to know their place in the pack and that they’re not top dog.

People who make being a pet owner their personality are boring. Fuck off with your dog mum and cat dad t-shirts. Where are all the hamster dads and goldfish mums at?
Goldfish mum here 🤣 they’re called Ginger pubes, Sad Act and Eyeball Paul. They would definitely survive a sinking ship. I’ve knitted them T-shirts and they buy me cards for Mother’s Day. When they are sad I cook them a roast dinner and massage their fins.

How people don’t feel ridiculous talking like this about their pets I don’t know!

• Haha

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I don’t think women should be embarrassed or shamed for liking designer handbags, men don’t get anywhere near the same amount of flak and jusdgement for owning expensive watches.

• Heart
Tinder swindler why have I just seen this!
It was so pointlessly long. They could have crammed everything into 1 hour. The women must have been so stupid to take out loans to “help” someone they believed to be a billionaire. I know he was a fraud, but it’s their own fault for believing such bullshit.

I feel bad for saying this but people who fall in love online and end up getting conned sending the other person thousands - are stupid. People feel sorry for them saying “they’re old” or “they’re naive”. No. Anyone in charge of their own finances are stupid to send thousands over to someone who they’ve never met.

• Heart
  • Angry

Not_another_flogger

On Pancake day the pancakes should ALWAYS be the thin crepe-type ones. If you're having thick American style ones then you're doing it wrong.
And if you come at me with your protein powder pancake mix, kindly bag up your shit and leave. There is no place for you on Pancake Day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Too right. I would only buy presents for the birthday girl/boy. I think it encourages bratty, “I want now” behaviour. I know someone like this too, who although dont expect everybody else to, buy actual gifts for their other children on one of their birthdays and they are NOT nice children either - spoilt, interruptive, dictating and enjoy listening in and partaking in adult conversation too much (another pet peeve of mine). I think it’s insane. Fair enough if it’s a bag of sweets or something but full on gifts! Children need to learn they can’t have and get everything they want - especially on someone else’s special day. Brats.
Too many people seem incapable of actually parenting their kids. Was my daughter upset on her brother's birthday, yes. But I'm not gonna get her presents to stop her kicking off. It's a life lesson. It's not always about you and you don't always get your own way.

• Heart
So you sound like someone who doesn't know how to drink. Being sick in the toilet, thats not the aim.

I don't need to drink to dance, or sing or get on the stage. But everything is more fun when you've had a couple of drinks. It hightens life and motivates.

But then I was a "raver" hate that term, so alcohol is my consolation prize now I'm a grown up.
I don’t know how to drink? I used to have 3 or 4 drinks over the course of a few hours and would feel vile. I’m talking hot sweats, nausea, diarrhoea. I may have an intolerance. For me, it’s not worth feeling shit over. Not drinking doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

I can enjoy life and have fun without it. Just because alcohol doesn’t heighten life for me doesn’t mean I don’t know how to do it.

People need to stop being so judgemental over us who choose not to drink.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I

Granted that cancer, chron’s & CF are all physical illnesses. (Sad to read re: the childhood death)

But, BPD & EUPD are mental illnesses that sit under the ‘Cluster B’ umbrella of personality disorders. People with these types of disorders struggle to regulate their feelings which leads to patterns of behaviours others describe as dramatic, unpredictable and disturbing.

Most people with a Cluster B disorder will have suffered some kind of trauma, neglect or abandonment as children. Which leads to the development of the disorder.

Not all people with BPD/EUPD are simply just a bitch. And people who are simply just bitches don’t always have personality disorders. (Most of the time they don’t) Mental illnesses are complex, so to suggest they aren’t real illnesses sadly invalidates the real sufferers.

I know this is the unpopular opinion thread (& most of the time it’s a laugh) but it’s really sad to see such stigma and ignorance around mental health.
Thank you for posting this.

I also have BPD. My saving grace is that I have always been high functioning and did have the ability to pay for years of therapy.

I grew up in a house with a lot of domestic violence and sexual abuse. You fracture in your attempts of coping and trying to stay afloat. I never learnt emotional regulation as a child- why would it be expected that I would suddenly have this skill as I technically turned into an adult? I self harmed because I thought I deserved it and because it worked. The fear of abandonment was because I had not learnt object constancy and I had been left behind repeatedly.

Poor mental health has never been an excuse for bad behaviour in my book.

Don't think there's any point in trying to explain what it was like to people who have always had a home where they felt safe.

I'm just glad that my therapists and friends were kinder.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I hate this trend too. A girl I work with said she didn't do last minute nights out as she wouldn't have her tan done ....
Which leads me to a new UO

People that take ages to "get ready" it's pathetic. It takes an hour maybe hour and a half max if you have long hair to get ready. I know girls that would take 3 hours to get ready and then still run over and be late.

Slap some clothes on and get out there and have some fun. I always hated being stuck getting ready with the girls and wanted to be out getting on it with the boys. Why shorten your night brushing your hair and shit.

• Haha
  • Heart

Rxt156

VIP Member
Oh absolutely, if you don’t like a woman’s outfit because you just don’t like it then of course you’re not jealous or weird.

I find that, in my opinion, women who are offended by other women wearing short skirts and tops that show cleavage, or “too much leg” are just insecure that they cannot pull that outfit off themselves. Therefor jealousy. Nothing to do with the actual clothes. It’s to do with the skin on show.
What if I have a better figure than them and it’s nothing to do with jealousy? 😏

often I find that the ones that have it all out don’t actually have the figure to do so 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart

Not_another_flogger

May have been discussed before. But…

The idea of “Santa”/“Father Christmas” should be scrapped.

Some kids get very little for Christmas or nothing at all. (Kids in care, kids living in poverty, kids from abusive households) & then kids from wealthy/comfortable backgrounds get thousands spent on them. No kid should wonder why Santa brought more presents for their friends/other children whilst they received nothing/very little.
When I was growing up my parents just about got by. Our neighbours had their own business and were considered wealthy at the time. Recently my mother told us about how she would stress at Christmas that those kids would get "better presents" than us. It absolutely baffled me because I can hand on my heart say I never noticed. Looking back now I can see the monetary value of their presents was far more than ours, but we were always delighted with the presents we got, and I had never wondered why someone got something and I didnt. Children have fuck all left in these woke, snowflake days! The magic of Christmas is special! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 24

monga

VIP Member
Our schools have taken to wearing pyjamas on WBD that way those that can’t afford costumes don’t feel left out, and everyone is content with it including the kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 24