Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
similarly that if you dont like a POC you are racist rather than looking at the reason why you dont like them.
On loose women today Jane and Kellie were having a bit of a ding dong about Prince Harry and whether he should have police protection...
Kellie comes out with "the UK hate Megan"..well people of certain demographic do! so basically saying only white people dislike her !
I get there will be people who dislike her for this reason but maybe the majority of people dont like her because shes a manipulative hypocritic and it has nothing to do with her being mixed race.
I can't stand Colleen Nolan as she comes across as a spiteful bully but if someone who was black said this to me i would presume it was because of how Colleen is as person not that they disliked her because she was white.
Meghan is half white anyway, so her playing the racist card is just pathetic! If her mother were white and father black, she'd be singing a different tune, I'm sure!

Reactions: 11
Just grab something from their shopping and chuck it under the belt with the bags, that’ll learn ‘em😆
I shop in Aldi and usually always offer to let anyone with a basket to nip on front of me as it gives me more time to load my stuff on the belt before the ninja checkout staff start scanning.

But once a woman didn't ask she just walked in front of me as I started loading up. Asked her what she was doing 'I've only got a few things I'll go in front' eh no you won't back to the end of the queue lady.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Meghan could be black, white, florescent green with neon pink hair,

she’d still be an unlikable fake lying twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't give a flying duck about the * parties * I literally cried on lockdown one for 3 months on furlough. I have 2 jobs . 1 one 80% and the other on the same .
. mr Duck of 25 years ( hes upper management and deals with worse ) literally babied me into our back garden.. I couldn't do it.. I stayed in my nightie .. I drank and cried ..for 3 months
. Not knowing if I had a job or pay
If you knew you could * lockdown *.a country I will call you a lair to your face .
Restrictions after that .. I was much better .
Party or no .. whatever

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I broke lockdown restrictions from about the second/third week of lockdown one, pretty much daily.
I’m glad I did and I’d do it again 😐

Reactions: 11
Why ask to go in front just go to a smaller queue rather than the person doing a big shop. You’re not entitled to queue jump.

If someone asked me it would massively depend on what they said. If they just expected me to offer I wouldn’t probably because I wouldn’t even notice:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
I think just because people choose to get married doesn't mean they should ask for gifts or money. It's entitled 😬 Why should I have to feel obliged to spend my hard earned money on a gift above a socially acceptable threshold?!

A team member of mine is getting married and has been hinting at the engagement all last year and now we are getting giddy updates of bridesmaid dresses colours , favours etc yet our team are only invited to the evening do part (thank goodness). I don't want to hear all the planning details anyway but especially not if not actually involved in the whole day 🤣

Weddings bore me and my own one was done on the cheap, a great day, no fuss, no debt 👍

Reactions: 18
Friends of ours are getting married soon. Our invite says:

"With all that we have, we've truly been blessed
Your presence and prayers are all that we request
But should you wish to give nonetheless
Monetary gifts are the one we'd suggest"

Cheeky fuckers!!! :mad:
oh duck all the way off….. Lidl special buy for you 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Meghan is half white anyway, so her playing the racist card is just pathetic! If her mother were white and father black, she'd be singing a different tune, I'm sure!
The thing about Meghan is she's screaming racism all the time but tbh she's so passing you wouldnt think she was anything other than white. I didn't till i read all the press about it

Reactions: 7
On the topic of gender preference, I remember looking at a gender ratio world map and couldn't help but notice countries where male babies are the preference tend to have more males 🤔 notice china's one child policy resulted in more male babies... Clearly not natural, God knows what was happening to the female babies.

Note, most countries in the world have more women than men because women have a higher life expectancy.

Although we all laugh that my aunt was determined to have a girl, I wonder how it made the rest of the boys in the family feel..
In India they banned revealing the gender of babies, but you could always find a doctor who would if you paid enough. Remember in the documentary I watched the woman was divorced because she had three daughters in a row. I have an uncle who recently had his fourth child and third daughter who is still stuck in the Middle Ages with this mentality of needing to have sons.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Friends of ours are getting married soon. Our invite says:

"With all that we have, we've truly been blessed
Your presence and prayers are all that we request
But should you wish to give nonetheless
Monetary gifts are the one we'd suggest"

Cheeky fuckers!!! :mad:
Someone put something like that to me. I bought them a present anyway 🤣 . Giving money feels a bit impersonal unless you literally don’t know what to buy someone.

Reactions: 3
Apparently not all men carry equal amounts of girl and male sperm, and the ratios change at different times.
So it's not actually a 50/50 chance of boy or girl. And if your not getting the sex you want, it's his fault not hers (in more ways than one 😂)

Some men will only carry one type of sperm or have a very small number of one type compared to the other. If you look at what sex the male relatives are and their children, and find your husband has only brothers, and they all only have sons, chances are they only carry male sperm (or very few female) and so you can keep having kids until the cows come home, you'll likely never get that girl.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I see nothing wrong with being a “Karen” - by that I mean the complain to the manager type.I would rather be known as one than sit there wallowing in unsatisfactory goods, food or service. I will always speak to the manager when I am unhappy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Very true unfortunately. I think criticism of all religions is something that should be encouraged, not stamped out and labeled as some sort of irrational fear.
Religious people don’t like criticism of religion because they know that the stories on which they base their belief system can’t stand up to even the most basic logical or scientific scrutiny. Shut down all debate rather than defend the indefensible.

Reactions: 16
I see nothing wrong with being a “Karen”. I would rather be known as one than sit there wallowing in unsatisfactory goods, food or service. I will always speak to the manager when I am unhappy.
I don't think that's the point of a "Karen"

I don't think that's the point of a "Karen"
Probably not the entire point no, but a good fair share in my experience of complaining whilst in the presence of others I’ve either been referred to as such or they’ve been embarrassed.

I would be more embarrassed to sit there unsatisfied after paying money.

Probably not the entire point but a good fair share in my experience of complaining whilst in the presence of others I’ve either been referred to as such or they’ve been embarrassed.

I would be more embarrassed to sit there unsatisfied after paying money.
As long as you weren't rude or anything then you're not a "Karen". Like everything, far too overused and it's just an easy jab for people. The way I like to complain is pretend everything is okay at the time then smash them on tripadvisor.

Reactions: 6
As long as you weren't rude or anything then you're not a "Karen". Like everything, far too overused and it's just an easy jab for people. The way I like to complain is pretend everything is okay at the time then smash them on tripadvisor.
Never ever rude. You will not be compensated in any sort of way if you are and probably have your concerns dismissed. To be fair it is usually quite younger members of the family who will call me a Karen or hide their faces when I have complained. I don’t know why youngsters find it so cringing. More often than not you will be compensated, refunded or have your issue sorted than have to sit there pissed off.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.