Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it's too usual now to ask for money. But don't duck around fluffing it up, you're asking for money at least own it.
I would have been giving money anyway so that wasn't the problem. I just think it's incredibly cheeky to actually ASK for it.

Reactions: 14
I don't think it's too usual now to ask for money. But don't duck around fluffing it up, you're asking for money at least own it.
I think in this day and age it's probably more practical. Most couples live together, buy a house and furnish it before getting married so the days of a wedding list are a bit out dated.

I have however contributed to several honeymoon funds. That's quite a popular thing theses days.

Reactions: 7
We recieved a wedding invite recently..

The wording is:

All we ask for is your presence however if you wish to gift us, we would appreciate money..(wait for it)…… to put towards our house deposit!!!!

Now i don’t care if someone wants money, easier for me but to specify you want it for house deposite is just hilarious!!!

Unfortunately we can’t make it 😏

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Friends of ours are getting married soon. Our invite says:

"With all that we have, we've truly been blessed
Your presence and prayers are all that we request
But should you wish to give nonetheless
Monetary gifts are the one we'd suggest"

Cheeky fuckers!!! :mad:
That is a bit of pansy way of asking, but I don't see the problem with asking for money instead of gifts that you just don't want or need. We asked for money towards our new sofa's. The only thing we actually needed and wanted, but couldn't afford.

Reactions: 4
My UO is that there are areas in England that a white person (especially women) can’t walk around safely.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
My UO is that there are areas in England that a white person (especially women) can’t walk around safely.
yup.. there's one near us.. I was sent there by the Jobcentre years ago for one of their tin pot schemes...I was the victim of a potential bag snatch in broad daylight at lunchtime on the high street . I was white, female and in a business suit. Might as well have had a target painted on my forehead.The handbag was cheap and they didn't get it off me just managed to break the strap. I was petrified though as my passport was in there due to having to produce it to scheme. Lord knows what they would have done with that if they'd got it.

I will not go back to that town again.. there's a few others i'm not keen on going to but that's not a white thing... thats just a seriously ruddy dodgy thing

• Wow
Someone (yes, it was a man) once told me that if I didn't want to be sexually assaulted, I should go out at a different time. When asked when it would be safe, he couldn't answer me. I went out at 8am on a Sunday.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Someone (yes, it was a man) once told me that if I didn't want to be sexually assaulted, I should go out at a different time. When asked when it would be safe, he couldn't answer me. I went out at 8am on a Sunday.
WTH? Where is this?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
My UO is that the term ‘islamophobia’ is genuinely a pointless term and should be redefined. Far too many people take it to mean ‘any criticism / questioning of islam = islamophobia’ and use it to shut down free speech and healthy debate. I know that religion and culture are often very difficult to separate but I feel like it’s got to the point where you can’t even question ideas anymore without being accused of being some sort of ‘phobic’.

On the subject of christenings: If I get invited to a christening/baptism and I know the parents aren’t usually religious, then I’ll see the whole thing as a bit of a farce and I’ll struggle to take it seriously. I’ll put my appropriate face on but inside I’m screaming “this whole thing is stupid and pointless”. I genuinely don’t get the point in inducting your child into a religion when you as parents don’t practice or believe in it yourselves. I think for some people it’s just something you do for the sake of tradition.
At the baptism of my friend's kids, one of the Godmothers screeched "well I got through the door without bursting into frames hahahahahaaaa!" When the vicar asked how she was. You could feel the cringe in the air.

If that's your attitude towards being in a church, why agree to be a God parent?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Been seeing this doing the rounds on social media and it’s really annoying. You’re not entitled to jump the queue in the supermarket just because you only have 1 or 2 items and the person in front has a trolley full. It’s a queue, you wait your turn and keep your hands off other peoples shopping.
4A480360-D9A8-4A79-AB9A-59938CED518C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
My UO is that the term ‘islamophobia’ is genuinely a pointless term and should be redefined. Far too many people take it to mean ‘any criticism / questioning of islam = islamophobia’ and use it to shut down free speech and healthy debate. I know that religion and culture are often very difficult to separate but I feel like it’s got to the point where you can’t even question ideas anymore without being accused of being some sort of ‘phobic’.
I agree, it’s used as a defence for speaking out against anything that’s not positive about Islam.

That’s so horrible!
I was walking down the street where I used to live and a group of men told me I needed to cover my hair because ‘this is a Muslim area’.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I agree, it’s used as a defence for speaking out against anything that’s not positive about Islam.
Very true unfortunately. I think criticism of all religions is something that should be encouraged, not stamped out and labeled as some sort of irrational fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Been seeing this doing the rounds on social media and it’s really annoying. You’re not entitled to jump the queue in the supermarket just because you only have 1 or 2 items and the person in front has a trolley full. It’s a queue, you wait your turn and keep your hands off other peoples shopping.View attachment 995653
I always let people with a couple of items go on ahead if I've got a trolley, but then we line up for the bus where I come from :giggle:

I always let people with a couple of items go on ahead if I've got a trolley, but then we line up for the bus where I come from :giggle:
So do I usually, it’s the entitlement that annoys me, the idea that having 1 or 2 items automatically entitles someone to jump the queue. Just no. It’s nice if someone offers but if not then tough tit. There’s no rule that says anyone with a big shop must let those with a couple of items go in front. So Brian needs to pipe down, put them burgers back on the conveyor belt and wait his turn like everyone else has to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
similarly that if you dont like a POC you are racist rather than looking at the reason why you dont like them.
On loose women today Jane and Kellie were having a bit of a ding dong about Prince Harry and whether he should have police protection...
Kellie comes out with "the UK hate Megan"..well people of certain demographic do! so basically saying only white people dislike her !
I get there will be people who dislike her for this reason but maybe the majority of people dont like her because shes a manipulative hypocritic and it has nothing to do with her being mixed race.
I can't stand Colleen Nolan as she comes across as a spiteful bully but if someone who was black said this to me i would presume it was because of how Colleen is as person not that they disliked her because she was white.

Reactions: 17
So do I usually, it’s the entitlement that annoys me. There’s no rule that says anyone with a big shop must let those with a couple of items go in front. So Brian needs to pipe down, put them burgers back on the conveyor belt and wait his turn like everyone else has to.
I just see it as a courtesy I afford people, but it's one of the reasons I never shop in Lidl the there's no basket checkout in our local and none of the fuckers would let you through if you've got a couple of items and in a hurry 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I just see it as a courtesy I afford people, but it's one of the reasons I never shop in Lidl the there's no basket checkout in our local and none of the fuckers would let you through if you've got a couple of items and in a hurry 😂
Just grab something from their shopping and chuck it under the belt with the bags, that’ll learn ‘em😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.