Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being patriotic including wearing or displaying the Union Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Joe Rogan interviews one of the girls who left the westboro baptist church. Megan Phelps Roper, she was on the Louis Theroux documentary on this family.
If you do not know the family I am talking about, YOU GOT TO WATCH THIS. Louis Theroux's weird weekend > Americas most hated family.
Whether or not ya like Joe Rogan, this is a great podcast to listen to. This girl was brain washed, she talks about how she began to question the churches practices and how she eventually left the church. None of her family speak to her.

There's also another documentary on Netflix which follows two people who left the Orthodox Jewish church, these people are ostracised. This church controls their followers by banning them from speaking to non members of the church, they aren't allowed to use technology and read unapproved books among many other things.

All three people mentioned above were born into these churches and never knew anything else, incredibly brave people to question the practices and eventually leave knowing they will lose everything they have ever known.

Reactions: 6
Who would put cooking / eating utensils in a dead squirrel 🐿😂
07B84B02-5E9C-4A9D-BB23-0255EE38BA49.jpeg
FF9AAA98-0AEB-4302-96A7-1917D60998BA.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Maybe there’s a tier system and a friendly version of a Karen is a Linda,

and a walk over wet lettuce type is a sally.

I wonder if people have stopped calling their kids Karen.
Sorry In advance to any Karen’s on the thread, but people should stop calling their kids Karen full stop! Not because of the whole connotations linked to the name but because it is a truly tit name 😆. Each to their own and all that but what were mothers/fathers thinking when the name Karen was popular?. I swear every other one of friends mums is called Karen, I don’t get it! I’m not sure if this opinion is unpopular or not……

• Haha
Reactions: 3
There's a whole community of taxidermy fans o FB apparently. My sister found it when she was messing about and it's suprisingly popular! 😂
We were trying to sell some of my dad's old antiques when he died in 2019 and he had a few taxidermy birds.

My sister ended up on one of these Facebook groups to ask for ideas on how to sell and how much they were worth etc so we didn't get diddled. And Oh. My. God. Some of the creeps and weirdos on there 😬😬

Once she got the info she needed she left sharpish haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Her husband uses the heads for golf so nothing gets wasted?! What!!! Does that mean he’s bashing them around with a golf club for putting practice? 🤢
It must do? Apparently that park is awash with dead squirrels it must save him having to buy golf balls .

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Sorry In advance to any Karen’s on the thread, but people should stop calling their kids Karen full stop! Not because of the whole connotations linked to the name but because it is a truly tit name 😆. Each to their own and all that but what were mothers/fathers thinking when the name Karen was popular?. I swear every other one of friends mums is called Karen, I don’t get it! I’m not sure if this opinion is unpopular or not……
It’s like the name Gary. Who looks at a newborn and thinks “im gonna call you Gary, you look like a Gary”.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Claire and Colin for me. Just why would you be so unimaginative! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hate all those expression like gammon, Karen, boomer ... it just sounds very juvenile. To hear adults using these terms is a bit pathetic IMO.

Reactions: 23
I hate all those expression like gammon, Karen, boomer ... it just sounds very juvenile. To hear adults using these terms is a bit pathetic IMO.
It is very juvenile and smacks of tit for tat. Like because we're white and supposedly privilege we deserve to be brought down a peg or two. Even though we all deplore racial prejudice on anyone and think it's utterly pathetic and ignorant! I put up with so much ageism and nobody thinks that's a problem either for the same reason! 🤷🏼‍♀️

The other one is 'first world problems', like we're not allowed to think or feel anything but gratitude for any bad things that happen!

Reactions: 9
The fact she says her husband uses the heads for golf.... like it's a positive thing??!!
I'd hate to be near him if he was trying to get a hole in one ,imagine getting hit with one of those 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The other one is 'first world problems', like we're not allowed to think or feel anything but gratitude for any bad things that happen!
I remember someone (not here) saying they don't like first world problems and prefer petty problems.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.