Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how popular this is in the "real world" but it's certaintly unpopular with judges.

I think criminals are absolute scum and more should be sent to prison. Hearing that a lady who went on a rampage in Aldi smashing up bottles - an action that could have caused life changing injuries to those in the shop at the time (and she, herself, actually got hurt), spouted racist abuse at a security guard and was in general a total terror has been given a suspended sentence because she said she "lost the plot" in lockdown has boiled my piss so much today.

The stigma surrounding mental illness is still so huge and it's largely in part due to people like this woman who use it as a get out of jail free card and the absolute idiot scumbag judges who fall for the line. Most people with mental health problems would never behave this way. It makes me so angry to see what people can avoid being jailed for as long as they have some sort of excuse ready to go and a victim hating judge willing to believe it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't know how popular this is in the "real world" but it's certaintly unpopular with judges.

I think criminals are absolute scum and more should be sent to prison. Hearing that a lady who went on a rampage in Aldi smashing up bottles - an action that could have caused life changing injuries to those in the shop at the time (and she, herself, actually got hurt), spouted racist abuse at a security guard and was in general a total terror has been given a suspended sentence because she said she "lost the plot" in lockdown has boiled my piss so much today.

The stigma surrounding mental illness is still so huge and it's largely in part due to people like this woman who use it as a get out of jail free card and the absolute idiot scumbag judges who fall for the line. Most people with mental health problems would never behave this way. It makes me so angry to see what people can avoid being jailed for as long as they have some sort of excuse ready to go and a victim hating judge willing to believe it.
Agreed. People have got to be responsible for their own actions. How can people learn otherwise?

• Heart
Reactions: 8

It costs a fortune to keep someone in prison she should've been made to pay for the damage or community service.

Reactions: 10
I don't actually think modern architecture is a thing. It's all developed by the same online design package. Concrete slums of the future.
I think Brutalism started the modern style of architecture in the U.K. and we knocked down so many gorgeous buildings and replaced them with tat which wouldn’t look out of place in a nondescript Chinese city. And then we have tit like the walkie talkie in London which looks like a massive big toe. Eurgh it’s horrendous, the London skyline is so ugly.

It costs a fortune to keep someone in prison she should've been made to pay for the damage or community service.
There still needs to be some sort of lock-up punishment, imho. People like this are so dangerous to the rest of us.

Reactions: 3
There still needs to be some sort of lock-up punishment, imho. People like this are so dangerous to the rest of us.
They are ,but that's because they get away with it .Putting them in prison isn't a deterrent ( not for any i've come across ) hit them where it really hurts ,in the purse ! they'll think twice then .

Reactions: 5

Prison overcrowding is a big factor in determining custodial/non-custodial sentences, with nearly all prisons in the UK running at between 100-147% capacity. It's even worse in other countries. So as part of modern reform measures, all but the most serious of crimes are meant to be dealt with outside of prison. It's not necessarily right, but this dilemma gets worse every year and without the ability to build and run more prisons (costs and locations are always rejected by local authorities wherever plans are drawn up), there is no alternative. Judges/CPS/police/probation services are largely as dismayed as the general public when it comes to sentencing options!

Reactions: 4
They are ,but that's because they get away with it .Putting them in prison isn't a deterrent ( not for any i've come across ) hit them where it really hurts ,in the purse ! they'll think twice then .
I agree - there are better punishments than pricey, tax payer funded jail time. Community service with a fine would serve as a great deterrent for certain offences.

Reactions: 6
Prison overcrowding is a big factor in determining custodial/non-custodial sentences, with nearly all prisons in the UK running at between 100-147% capacity. It's even worse in other countries. So as part of modern reform measures, all but the most serious of crimes are meant to be dealt with outside of prison. It's not necessarily right, but this dilemma gets worse every year and without the ability to build and run more prisons (costs and locations are always rejected by local authorities wherever plans are drawn up), there is no alternative. Judges/CPS/police/probation services are largely as dismayed as the general public when it comes to sentencing options!
We could always bring back the death penalty - that would thin the crowd out a bit 😉

Reactions: 6
I think Brutalism started the modern style of architecture in the U.K. and we knocked down so many gorgeous buildings and replaced them with tat which wouldn’t look out of place in a nondescript Chinese city. And then we have tit like the walkie talkie in London which looks like a massive big toe. Eurgh it’s horrendous, the London skyline is so ugly.
OMG that building is so unforgivably hideous just thinking about it makes me angry. It has single-handledly destroyed London.

You say that now but when lightning strikes you tomorrow remember this UO you wrote 😇😂

Who do you hang out with? I’ve never heard the word gammon being used
You again 🙄 the angry person that thinks everyone needs meds and didn't like I disagreed with them.

If lightening ever strikes me I will put it down to nature not God.

Fingers crossed tomorrow its you not me hunni 😘

• Haha
We could always bring back the death penalty - that would thin the crowd out a bit 😉
That's where I'm very liberal. In most cases I'm extremely anti death pentatly. I do get tempted to scream for it when you see all these parents killing their children and all the rapists happily running around in the world, though.

Reactions: 5
Mental health issues and depression wouldn't be such a big problem if people were a healthy weight and again even less of a problem if that healthy weight was maintained by daily exercise.
I think this quote by Jim Carrey says it best. I have been depressed and it is certainly true for me.

20220118_084214.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That's where I'm very liberal. In most cases I'm extremely anti death pentatly. I do get tempted to scream for it when you see all these parents killing their children and all the rapists happily running around in the world, though.
If a criminal warrants a whole life order, then those are death penalty cases as far as I'm concerned.

I think this quote by Jim Carrey says it best. I have been depressed and it is certainly true for me.

View attachment 997455
Says the man who supposedly gave his ex herpes, chlamydia and gonorrhoea and then she killed herself...

• Wow
Reactions: 13
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being patriotic including wearing or displaying the Union Jack.
There has been many a row over that in NI!

There have been too many wrongly convicted via the death penalty - it's completely wrong if an innocent person literally has to die over a crime they didn't commit.

Reactions: 7
If a criminal warrants a whole life order, then those are death penalty cases as far as I'm concerned.

Says the man who supposedly gave his ex herpes, chlamydia and gonorrhoea and then she killed herself...
Also, it's extremely hard to find positive material to consume in this day and age. I find the majority of TV, films and music so depressing I just don't bother. I find solace in older works of fiction that offer true escape from current reality in a way visual media used to but increasingly, now, does not.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.