Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kcn

Chatty Member
I hate how she says that she has unacademic parents and no older sibling so felt like she was uniformed. Many, many people are first generation university students/oldest children/only children and they cope just fine at university and they don’t feel compelled to write a book.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
Jade gives the same energy as how some men just walk into any room and expect to be listened to over everyone else because of their own self defined superiority over everyone else. She's always been smug about appearing superior to other people, it used to be 'not like those other girls' at school with her studying videos and now it's how she's just so ✨magical✨ in being more intellectually advanced than anyone she's ever met before, or being patronising about other people to raise herself up.

Reactions: 43

ljeff5

Ok but why are Minerva students so obsessed with studying outside, for me that would be a nightmare, the sun would be in your face the whole time, you don’t generally have WiFi, my laptop is 4 years old (unlike some influencers who get sent laptops for free.......) and needs charging every 2 mins so I need to be near a plug, let alone the bugs and general dirtiness of nature

Reactions: 42

n8459

Chatty Member
So she's romanticizing periods now? (no shade to normalising period talk, it just feels strange to be all ✨casual magic✨ about it)

Also isn't it so lucky that she's consistently about to find nice new clothes which fit her/look good/are her style at all these "clothing swaps"?

• Sick
  • Angry

emm

VIP Member
I don’t reckon it is 10k pre orders, she said 10k swipe ups which I’m guessing is from her insta analytics and the majority of that would’ve been people checking the price in hate 🤣🤣
similar to minerva's stats on applicants 😂

• Haha

artemist

Chatty Member
You're a fresher, you haven't even got your first year grade yet, don't think you can say that you need to do that to do well. Yes Jade is being ridiculous hyping up Minerva's workload but so are you with hyping up Oxford's workload.
Wait what? Sorry how do you know how old I am or what year I’m in? :ROFLMAO: I’m a 30 year old postgrad who has been studying for the last 5 years thank you. I’m not hyping up anything, my experience is my experience and unless you personally have your own experience of Oxford to offer, I’m not interested in debating the workload with you.

the only ridiculous thing here is you going about assuming peoples age/what year they’re in uni based on absolutely no information at all and talking down to me cause you think I’m a fresher who knows nothing about uni workloads. I’ve also got *all* of my grades back for this year so far but you don’t go to Oxford so I can’t imagine you’d know the first thing about that.

quit shitting on other members for giving their personal opinions and experiences and focus on Jade.(y)

Back to Jade: awful smug of her to assume this book will be the “only” study guide anyone will ever need. a levels and GCSE’s go through a lot of changes too, so chances are surely at some point it’ll be out of date unless it’s just generic info of study tips which anyone can access on her YouTube or via other means anyway

Last edited:
  • Heart

ECH

VIP Member
Yeah what the hell was this? A period isn’t forcing you to feel anything it’s your hormones in whack. I always find it weird when anyone tries to make periods some kind of universal experience when it’s obviously personal to them. We’re all experiencing this stuff differently lmao
The only thing my period forces me to feel is pain and sickness from my cramps.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

fwooper

VIP Member
Germany has banned UK travellers from entering the country. Was Jade planning on going home before she has her semester in Berlin? Although I suppose she might technically have residence rights if she has her student visa for Germany sorted. If she is allowed and is travelling from the UK to Germany she'll face another 2 week quarantine.

I just think if you have to jump through all these hoops to get the 'global experience' you selfishly want, maybe it's a sign you shouldn't be doing it and perhaps you should stay the hell home.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Ugh just saw her advice video for writing a book. Jade kept saying “just do it, write the book” and i’m thinking that’s easy to say when you’ve been commissioned to write one you ignorant person. Some people write passionately and try for years to get published. It’s easy to give advice like “just do it” when you’ve already been paid an advance.

Reactions: 40

myra1409

Chatty Member
I'm new to this thread so Idk if this has been discussed... But I'd love to spend a day studying with her to see how she actually works. She seems like such a sloppy worker. I just saw her Instagram story about her German studies and her notes are messy and ineffective and, well, basically wrong. When you study a language and you have to note vocabulary in a very specific way for it to be most effective: verbs in the infinitive; nouns with genders; capital letters for German. Her list was just a mess (and bits were wrong).
And I know that it takes people time to learn ~how~ to study effectively, but for someone who has literally made a career out of studying and being productive... it doesn't seem right. Surely someone over her 'calibre' show know this.

ECH

VIP Member
I'm all for romanticising your life, like I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to take a photo of a sunset and sharing it with your friends or trying to find the little joys in everyday, but she really is almost a parody of doing that. Like sometimes I am happy to have a good breakfast, but I'm not stopping myself whilst having it because one day I'll romanticise it and wish I could have a good breakfast? I'm genuinely confused what she's even on about.

• Heart
  • Haha

slamvs27

VIP Member
Jade: posts Insta graphics and just leaves it there
Also Jade: guys, slactivism is bad!

Jade: a humble queen
Also Jade: I can stop BP's CEO from contributing to climate change and make him realize the good in the world because he is so blinded by money

Jade: I'm an empath
Also Jade: laughs as she talks about people dying from climate change (12:50)

Meanwhile, the ~Koreans~ on the street as she rants to her camera: 0.o

• Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Also this (the fourth picture) is another outright lie, isn't it? She for sure didn't properly quarantine after Switzerland (or if she did, she didn't plan on it because she had her flight booked back to the UK a few days after the Switzerland trip).
Jeez, at this point Jade is going full-on Trump. She’s lying, back-tracking and denying stuff and trying to create so much confusion that everyone forgets what the original issue was. Just address it or own it Jade. I’d have more respect if she did either but these circles of lies are just such a mess.

Violent? Are you kidding me? I get that it is painful to be called out, but violent? This is so offensive to anyone who has ever been the victim of actual violence. Using the term violence like this totally trivializes the pain and trauma people actually go trough. I'm thinking about victims of war and assault. I'm beyond disgusted!
I mean, if she got threats online or via DM then that’s totally unacceptable, but criticism online, however angrily expressed, isn’t violence. What frustrates me with Jade is that she’s been so cushioned from the impacts of the pandemic that she really can’t understand why people are disappointed with her behaviour. People have lost loved ones, homes, careers, educational options - Jade has been able to carry on pretty much as normal but hasn’t had the sensitivity to address that with any degree of tact or humility. That’s what’s annoying.

• Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
How’re we all feeling about the latest video on how to write a book during uni?
I mean, she said itself in the video... she has a publishing deal so whatever she writes will be published regardless of the quality of the content. So it's just kind of eye-roll inducing when YouTubers give writing tips when ultimately the conditions they write under are far less stressful and cutthroat compared to writers who didn't get a publishing deal handed to them on a platter. I imagine it's a lot easier to write a book in a short space of time if you know it's guaranteed to be published to matter what you put on the page. Her editor would never turn around and tell her, for example, that a whole chapter is terrible and needs re-writing. Most of what she writes now will be published in its current form apart from a few minor edits, unlike real writers who experience brutal critique from their editors.

• Heart

NotAnArtist

Talking about how much she’s changed and her home hasn’t....JADE it does not come off reflective, you’re just BRAGGING
And if she were to look beyond her home... so many people will have been changed profoundly by the last year. They may not have acquired near-fluency in German or learned where to buy cheap bananas in Seoul, but a year of lockdowns, loneliness, and remote-everything has absolutely impacged people.

Yes, it's sad to be separated from one's international cohort over the summer. The reson nobody finds that relatable isn't that they get the boring old non-Minerva experience, it's because nobody else got to be around their cohort in almost a year.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39