Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate how she says that she has unacademic parents and no older sibling so felt like she was uniformed. Many, many people are first generation university students/oldest children/only children and they cope just fine at university and they don’t feel compelled to write a book.
And many of us are first generation AND working class or disadvantaged in other ways so going to university is a pretty difficult experience as we don't have our parent's money and a 'good' education to back us up in the way that Jade does, plus there's the whole feeling like you don't really belong aspect as a first gen student. I'd much rather read about a normal person and their struggles of going to university than Jade whose biggest struggle was not getting into Oxford so she got her parents to bankroll her into a scam university.

Reactions: 25
If I wanted GCSE advice from Jade (which I don't), what is her expensive as hell book going to give me that her own youtube videos won't tell me for free? How do some people fall for this, it's actually mad.

Reactions: 20
If I wanted GCSE advice from Jade (which I don't), what is her expensive as hell book going to give me that her own youtube videos won't tell me for free? How do some people fall for this, it's actually mad.
And it's not like she's a successful academic lol. She's studying at a crappy imitation of university which has zero academic recognition. Best young minds of the world my ass. Even my uni in a poorly developed country was more demanding and respected than Minerva. I can't believe people want to take studying advice who refers to wikipedia in her "academic" essays. Still, it's mostly kids who are easily manipulated, shame on you Jade and shame on your family who also live off manipulating poor people. Absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 31
How the duck did it get 10k preorders?? Her fans are mad
Ali Abdaal bought it. To support ofcourse. LOL i cannot think of any reason why the book would be helpful for him.

I dont get these self help books. have read fair share of them and they all preach similar stuff over 300 pages that could have been condensed in 50 pages. I have stopped reading them now. If you wanna improve, better to take baby steps instead of funding these writers.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
How the duck did it get 10k preorders?? Her fans are mad
I don’t reckon it is 10k pre orders, she said 10k swipe ups which I’m guessing is from her insta analytics and the majority of that would’ve been people checking the price in hate 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don’t reckon it is 10k pre orders, she said 10k swipe ups which I’m guessing is from her insta analytics and the majority of that would’ve been people checking the price in hate 🤣🤣
similar to minerva's stats on applicants 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42
You're a fresher, you haven't even got your first year grade yet, don't think you can say that you need to do that to do well. Yes Jade is being ridiculous hyping up Minerva's workload but so are you with hyping up Oxford's workload.
Wait what? Sorry how do you know how old I am or what year I’m in? :ROFLMAO: I’m a 30 year old postgrad who has been studying for the last 5 years thank you. I’m not hyping up anything, my experience is my experience and unless you personally have your own experience of Oxford to offer, I’m not interested in debating the workload with you.

the only ridiculous thing here is you going about assuming peoples age/what year they’re in uni based on absolutely no information at all and talking down to me cause you think I’m a fresher who knows nothing about uni workloads. I’ve also got *all* of my grades back for this year so far but you don’t go to Oxford so I can’t imagine you’d know the first thing about that.

quit shitting on other members for giving their personal opinions and experiences and focus on Jade.(y)

Back to Jade: awful smug of her to assume this book will be the “only” study guide anyone will ever need. a levels and GCSE’s go through a lot of changes too, so chances are surely at some point it’ll be out of date unless it’s just generic info of study tips which anyone can access on her YouTube or via other means anyway

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Wait what? Sorry how do you know how old I am or what year I’m in? :ROFLMAO: I’m a 30 year old postgrad who has been studying for the last 5 years thank you. I’m not hyping up anything, my experience is my experience and unless you personally have your own experience of Oxford to offer, I’m not interested in debating the workload with you.

the only ridiculous thing here is you going about assuming peoples age/what year they’re in uni based on absolutely no information at all and talking down to me cause you think I’m a fresher who knows nothing about uni workloads. I’ve also got *all* of my grades back for this year so far but you don’t go to Oxford so I can’t imagine you’d know the first thing about that.

quit shitting on other members for giving their personal opinions and experiences and focus on Jade.(y)

Back to Jade: awful smug of her to assume this book will be the “only” study guide anyone will ever need. a levels and GCSE’s go through a lot of changes too, so chances are surely at some point it’ll be out of date unless it’s just generic info of study tips which anyone can access on her YouTube or via other means anyway
I think the only sales she will get are from fans who buy it immediately either preorder or on release . I can’t imagine someone jus going into a bookshop and picking it up tbh

Reactions: 10
She’s also far too solipsistic to recognise that people have very different learning styles and preferences, which can also be shaped by their past experiences in education. Her way of doing stuff might very well only suit her.

I mentor people through work and what often comes up is studying for professional exams, which tends to stress people out a lot, particularly if they‘ve been out of formal education for a while or if they didn’t have particularly good experiences at school. I encourage people to spend time finding out what works for them when it comes to studying and revising, and to take some time to think about different learning styles and how they can develop a personal approach that has meaning and value to them. Just copying someone is a waste of time - read books to find out about different learning styles and approaches but never, ever listen to anyone who confidently declares that theirs is the ‘only‘ or the ‘best’ way. I see so many people that have gone down the Ruby Granger route of doing a bit every different study technique and they’re drowning in notebooks and highlighters and timetables and re-written notes and they’re stressed because it’s not working for them. I’m not being patronising but I don’t trust any 20-odd year old who so far has only done GCSEs and A-Levels to be able to write a definitive study ‘how-to’.

Reactions: 15
Also, the fact that (I'm pretty sure at least) they don't have traditional sit-down exams at Minerva, so even if she did pretty well during A-levels, that experience is 3, almost 4 years behind her. I wonder if she just re-watched her old videos and basically transcribed them.

Reactions: 21
Aside from the fact that she did her A-Levels nearly 4 years ago now, do people have their study style nailed down by A-Level? It took me until my 2nd year of uni to properly get it down. Granted I didn't actually do much revision in A-Level but I was absolutely clueless about the stuff I did do.

Reactions: 12
as if she needs more money 🥴 if I was in her position I would at least donate a portion of it towards the schools that aren’t as fortunate as hers was, or for education to be improved in countries who don’t have the ability to educate every child. Instead she’ll use it for travelling and being multi cultural and being fluent in more languages, since she claims to be so passionate about education

Reactions: 18
as if she needs more money 🥴 if I was in her position I would at least donate a portion of it towards the schools that aren’t as fortunate as hers was, or for education to be improved in countries who don’t have the ability to educate every child. Instead she’ll use it for travelling and being multi cultural and being fluent in more languages, since she claims to be so passionate about education
exactly, if she was so passionate about education why didn't she study that? god knows she is not learning anything about it at Minerva. She would only donate it to another school if it was in a developing country she could travel to and fulfill her white saviour complex

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I don't think even Zoella was asking for £15 for her Girl Online book... yikes

Whoever set the price was clearly thinking about the kindle version more imo. Most kindle books seem to cost a bit less than paperbacks, though I don't think the difference is this big

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.