Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This sounds like bullshit. More like her mom didn't bother to teach her Dutch, neither did Jade show any interest in her Dutch heritage up until she realised it can make her seem more "special". And now she's milking it on every occasion.
Yep. She's literally said that she was never taught Dutch as a kid, only when she thought it would make her ✨extra worldly✨ to say she's half Dutch did she start mentioning it.

Reactions: 12
This sounds like bullshit. More like her mom didn't bother to teach her Dutch, neither did Jade show any interest in her Dutch heritage up until she realised it can make her seem more "special". And now she's milking it on every occasion.
I mean there's a difference between teaching a child Dutch and learning it by being exposed to it as a kid. There's a bunch of research that shows that exposure to a language as a child, initiated by the parent simply interacting with you, is enough for your brain to 'remember' the tones/rhythm and makes learning that language a bit easier later on because it's more natural to you.

I also think she said that her dad didn't want to have communication issues or whatever, which is obviously a bit crappy but understandable. I know plenty of parents who struggle communicating with their kids because they're primarily speaking English rather than the parent's native language. Obviously ignores that her mum still speaks Dutch and could have helped him but whatever.

Obviously Jade has only latched on to the Dutch thing because she has nothing interesting about herself to share with the world, but at the same time I don't think it's a complete lie that she has been exposed to Dutch by her mother lmao

Anyway, this thread honestly just feels really hateful these days at times

Reactions: 6
Dude its a gossip thread and Jade is Hella annoying 🤦🏾‍♀️ Let people talk about whatever they want to talk about
Sure, if "whatever they want" includes talking about how the criticism on here is sometimes not that reasonable :) It's a discussion. People can dislike her but still disagree on the specifics of why and what they dislike or find annyoing.

I agree with @Merpedy btw, sometimes pretty normal things that are maybe a bit obnoxious are made out to be terrible (like her leggings fitting a bit weird or stuff like that).

I mean there's a difference between teaching a child Dutch and learning it by being exposed to it as a kid. There's a bunch of research that shows that exposure to a language as a child, initiated by the parent simply interacting with you, is enough for your brain to 'remember' the tones/rhythm and makes learning that language a bit easier later on because it's more natural to you.
That's what happened to my cousin. She stopped being exposed to German when her parents split up when she was 3, then learned it later in school and was much better than her classmates, even though she had had pretty much no exposure to it from age 3 to whatever age she was when she started actually learning (14/15 I think?)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Dude its a gossip thread and Jade is Hella annoying 🤦🏾‍♀️ Let people talk about whatever they want to talk about
I hate this iT's a GoSsIp ThReAd argument. Like... so what? Doesn't mean people can't criticise what you say or how you say it if they want to. And nobody's shutting you down for being "a bit too mean" or whatever so saying "let people talk about whatever" is a bit of an irrelevant response. (fwiw, I don't think this thread is hateful, I think most (not all) of the criticisms here are fair).

Too many people on this forum are more than happy to dish it out but get defensive and tetchy whenever anybody even remotely suggests that sometimes things might go a bit far.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Cool but we've been talking about her bullshit claims on easily understanding German because of Dutch (not learning Dutch being easy for her cause she might have been exposed to Dutch as a small kid for a second), both of which she doesn't even know. The fact that her mom "maybe" used a bit of Dutch when she was small would not make much difference here. German and Dutch aren't that similar to begin with. The first time she showed interest in that was when she started being obsessed with languages and attended that sponsored super fast French course. Since then at every bleeping occasion she needs to mention Dutch or German being easy for her because of Dutch or Korean being easy for her because "she already knows X languages". She's desperately trying to show off (her non existent skills) and it's too visible. So yeah, it's just Jade being sketchy and trying to be special as usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Cool but we've been talking about her bullshit claims on easily understanding German because of Dutch (not learning Dutch being easy for her cause she might have been exposed to Dutch as a small kid for a second), both of which she doesn't even know. The fact that her mom "maybe" used a bit of Dutch when she was small would not make much difference here. German and Dutch aren't that similar to begin with. The first time she showed interest in that was when she started being obsessed with languages and attended that sponsored super fast French course. Since then at every bleeping occasion she needs to mention Dutch or German being easy for her because of Dutch or Korean being easy for her because "she already knows X languages". She's desperately trying to show off (her non existent skills) and it's too visible. So yeah, it's just Jade being sketchy and trying to be special as usual.
Can attest that cause I'm a native German speaker and I took Dutch classes during my school years. Even if we ignored her claim that she "intuitively" knows Dutch, that doesn't make it *that* much easier for her to learn German grammar. Also, pronunciation is quite different. Honestly, German is hard and Jade couldn't even spell "dankeschön" correctly after staying in Berlin for half a year and having a German bf lmao.

Let's be real here - she had no interest in learning German (or Korean) before Minerva sent her to Berlin (and Seoul). And that's okay! But of course Jade has to make learning languages her entire personality now, cause she thinks it makes her more interesting and cosmopolitan. Calling it now, when she goes to Argentina she will post about how she's always wanted to learn Spanish and how her French skills make it so easy for her to learn Spanish. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Can attest that cause I'm a native German speaker and I took Dutch classes during my school years. Even if we ignored her claim that she "intuitively" knows Dutch, that doesn't make it *that* much easier for her to learn German grammar. Also, pronunciation is quite different. Honestly, German is hard and Jade couldn't even spell "dankeschön" correctly after staying in Berlin for half a year and having a German bf lmao.

Let's be real here - she had no interest in learning German (or Korean) before Minerva sent her to Berlin (and Seoul). And that's okay! But of course Jade has to make learning languages her entire personality now, cause she thinks it makes her more interesting and cosmopolitan. Calling it now, when she goes to Argentina she will post about how she's always wanted to learn Spanish and how her French skills make it so easy for her to learn Spanish. 🤷‍♀️
it is kind of like the minerva approach to education, just a really shallow focus on loads of random topics, to learn a language you need to focus, no point jumping from one to another after learning for a few months,

Reactions: 17
Just came to talk about this! I haven’t followed her for long so I guess she’s done it before but what the hell is this? There’s literally no reason to charge for what she’s describing, you can probably find hundreds of similar challenges for free. It’s also not like it’s some important thing? If someone starts it and doesn’t finish then there’s nothing wrong with that! And an amount as little as £2 probably isn’t going make people stick to it if they don’t want to do it. This is purely a cash-grab, kinda disgusted.

Reactions: 24
Lol I had a look at Lingoda and so many people say it's such a scam and doesn't even give you your money back even if you complete all days

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

I also think she said that her dad didn't want to have communication issues or whatever, which is obviously a bit crappy but understandable. I know plenty of parents who struggle communicating with their kids because they're primarily speaking English rather than the parent's native language. Obviously ignores that her mum still speaks Dutch and could have helped him but whatever.

Obviously Jade has only latched on to the Dutch thing because she has nothing interesting about herself to share with the world, but at the same time I don't think it's a complete lie that she has been exposed to Dutch by her mother lmao

Anyway, this thread honestly just feels really hateful these days at times
Interesting research! I just gotta laugh bc that's not been my experience at all lol. Granted, Mandarin is hard but I was adopted as a young child and I literally tried to join the Chinese club at school and I sucked lol. Tones are just a concept I can neither comprehend nor replicate. It's actually quite funny!

Also, my parents had the same concerns with German 1) bc I was adopted and 2) bc my father is hesitant to speak but we know other families where the spouse who did not originally speak the language and they started learning alongside the child to further language acquisition and improve immersion. Plus, they generally say that Dutch is one of the easier languages that native English-speakers can learn, so I would highly encourage parents to stay on the same page when it comes to raising their children bilingually. Their kids will thank them later (in multiple languages)!

Reactions: 6
i'm sure it has been already mentioned but i just can't.
my. intuitive. dutch. understanding.
EXCUSE ME WHAT?? she must be joking at this point... must be... tell me she is joking and fooling us all

Reactions: 17
So she's not fluent in Dutch? It won't be any help. I'm German too, and there really isn't that much you can understand in Dutch.. Yiddish is way more mutually intelligible with German (I think) and it still wouldn't help too much probably... what help is it to understand some words, if they're slightly different then you'll have to memorize a new word either way. She's so weird.

Two pounds two pounds only two pounds for two weeks

Reactions: 12
So only semi-related to Dutch but in the (very good!) Adventures of English book and documentary series with Melvyn Bragg he talks about a language in the Netherlands which has words similar to those in English. It's a nice illustration of English's weird amalgamation of language (the whole doco is). Watch from 3.45.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.