Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mtess21

So the reset challenge starts tomorrow. I joined out of interest :
Screenshot_20210523_220542.jpg

Screenshot_20210523_220604.jpg

I shall keep you all updated on the 💫casual magic 💫

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

treasuredintention

Nothing screams sustainability like accepting a smartphone you don't need and participating in an ad to encourage people to get a new one even if their current phone is fine <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Oh my gosh. This. Isn’t. Cancel. Culture.
It’s people who used to like you calling on you to be accountable and responsible during a global pandemic.

• Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
If anyone needed proof that the videos of her hand wringing and grappling with the morality of travelling during a pandemic were just a big fake show for her followers, her comment on that TikTok proves it. First she claimed Minerva forced her to travel, which she admitted was a lie in her now deleted apology video. After getting called out on that lie she pretended to empathise with her viewers' anger and made a big song and dance about how she was going to have a ~conversation~ with her followers about the morals of her actions. That never happened, and now suddenly she is pulling the cancel culture card? That deleted video was desperate performance to try to quash the negative comments and once it served its purpose she is back to claiming she has done nothing wrong. She never for one second empathised with why people were angry.

Pretty hilarious that she has the audacity to claim "all rules followed" despite there being actual evidence of her breaking the rules and lying about it (Switzerland).

• Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Remind you of anyone?
View attachment 574674
I feel like Jade has only talked about this issue at surface level and only because she feels obligated to
Usually I can’t fw anyone who criticises influencers for not posting about issues like that, bc it’s their account at the end of the day, they can do what they want. However, what he said is so fair about people like Jade who have built their brand off pretending to care about such issues and be woke, it’s pretty disgusting how performative her activism has been lol

Reactions: 38

peterbread

her capitalising off of people struggling to revise rubs me the wrong way. what people need to buy is revision guides, not this. she’s no more qualified than any other person in the UK to write this. and £15 for a paperback written by a non professional is ridiculous, she is really exploiting people tor her own monetary gain

HanHanHan

I haven't watched her video or looked at the book description but I can already tell what will be in her book:
  • A chapter on why studying is so amazing and cool and gahhh education
  • Chapters on various revision methods that she's already spoken about multiple times (Pomodoro, blurting, quizlet, etc.)
  • A chapter on exam day
  • A chapter on ✨mindset ✨ and how to stay focused
  • A chapter on rejection (cue her writing 1000 words about Oxford even though she's "not bitter" and then gushing about Minerva)
  • A chapter on how we shouldn't define ourselves by our grades (cue rant about capitalism and hustle culture)
  • A chapter on meditation, yoga, and mental health
Bonus points if she mentions: getting all A*, her gap yah, the fact that she's half dutch, being head girl, and the fact that she realises how privileged she is

jmk426

So tired of the Instagram stories talking about how time at home with family is so needed for reflection. Congrats for living like the rest of the world for once in your life jade. Can she be more out of touch?

Lola123

VIP Member
Jade come on, please tell us what magical information you’ve got as middle class white female who went to a good school knows about GCSEs….. honestly these influencers need to just be called out for the scammers they are

• Angry

Kat5998

VIP Member
I think the only sales she will get are from fans who buy it immediately either preorder or on release . I can’t imagine someone jus going into a bookshop and picking it up tbh
Imagine walking into WHSmith and seeing her smug face staring at you on a book display, I’d accidentally on purpose knock it over

• Haha
Reactions: 37

fwooper

VIP Member
Am I missing something? If you're registered at a GP, that automatically means you'll be offered the vaccine at some point, whether that's because you're in the right age group or because there happens to be excess supply in your area. You don't need to check if you're "registered" for a vaccine.

The public have been urged multiple times not to contact their GP inquiring about vaccines because it inundates surgeries with unnecessary calls when they are already so busy. You'll get called up when you get called up - ringing them to check you're 'registered' won't make a difference and will only annoy your GP. She needs to think things through before giving out stupid advice.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

slamvs27

VIP Member
"The only study guide you'll ever need"
Way to throw Jack Edwards's "Uni-verse" under the bus there Jade, as well as any future studytuber books..

• Haha
  • Angry

lushstudent

Jade is the textbook definition of victim complex. Every time she is called out for something she claims "violence" or "cancel culture" like, Jade, you're in the public eye. Of course people are going to critique you and some of those people generally are just dicks, but those of us who are actually trying to tell you that what you're doing is WRONG are not !! I think Jade is actually a gorgeous person and is so natural and I love that about her, and it could be a real selling point for her. Bristol would have done her the world of good and brought her down a peg or two but instead she's run off to her make-believe university full of other 'mummy and daddy golden children' and has adopted that vile smirk which has ruined her. This will be her downfall

• Heart

beaki167

“the ONLY study guide you ever need” ??? i know it’s just a silly title but jade, please tell me more about your impostor syndrome. or how i would say mlm-syndrome

xaannaa

"I chose the platform Lingoda because my friend at university bla bla bla"
no you chose it because they offered to sponsor you lmao (I mean okay she says she chose them but still)

edit: I am also really confused why the teacher apparently corrected "Ich bin Jade"? That's a perfectly fine and correct sentence? "Ich heiße Jade" may be a bit more formal but it's the exact same as saying "I'm Jade" instead of "My name is Jade" - both are fine?

• Heart

ECH

VIP Member
She can't be in the UK because being abroad and acting superior to the locals are her only personality traits

• Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
We all know how out of touch she's become, but I really don't know who her target audience is anymore? Her old studytube videos, while mostly generic, are outdated with the current system and she can't relate to the current school exam years who are being impacted by covid. Her travel videos aren't relatable to all of her audience staying at home either due to the pandemic or the fact that they've lost jobs/money due to covid. How many people are going to take advice from such a niche like writing a book at university? Especially since most people at uni are so busy with actual work/social lives unlike Minverva? While other studytubers like Jack Edwards and Ruby Granger can be annoying, at least they've somewhat moved away and evolved their content from their previous audiences.
Exactly, Ruby's stuff is bizarre but at least she is finding some sort of niche. Jades content is just GAHHH, I’m rich! Watch mummy and daddy bank roll me through my fake degree so I can travel round the world having lots of fun, while you’re stuck at home and haven’t even been able to see your nan for a year!
cAsUaL mAgIc 😋
It’s nauseating.

• Heart

nissigossips

OMG I hate the 'Taking myself on a date' crap these YouTubers do too. Id kinda get it if they did something special as a one off like get dressed up all nice and go for a solo meal, but its never that 😭 Its always them going on a bike ride and then sitting by the sea/ a lake or whatever, thats NOT A DATE thats just spending time by yourself like literally every other adult does 😭

Reactions: 36