Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Social Blade only counts up in thousands now since YouTube changed the way they calculate and show subs. She might have only gained one follower that day, but if it takes her subs from 571,999 to 572,000, YouTube counts it as a thousand subs gained.
Ah okay! I think I had read that before. Good. Glad to know its not that she's buying subs!

Merpedy

VIP Member
I don't want to be nitpicky but she can walk all the time?
On reading the IG story about her walk, I wonder if she made the comment during that walk after the incident?
I can see how she could have been thinking something along the lines of 'thank god I can walk otherwise that could have ended much worse' or that she could have generally moved out of the way, though it's still a weird (plus insensitive in some cases) thing to post without context and to see it as ✨casually magical✨

meweme

View attachment 644877
I haven’t actually kept up with Jade for months but jeez trust her to ignore the controversy around CMBYN.
What's the controversy around CMBYN? I love the book and used to love the film. If you are referring to the Armie Hammer carcrash of a debacle, I don't see why it should affect the book. But maybe I've missed something.

Oh yeah absolutely and formality is generally more important in German than it is in English (e.g. there is a distinction between formal and informal 'you').
However, to me it's still weird in this context for the teacher to tell her it is incorrect, the teacher should have just told her it's less formal rather than saying it is incorrect altogether (which it isn't). The sentence isn't 'informal' in the sense that it is incorrect slang or anything, it's just the shorter more casual way of saying it (but honestly there isn't even much of a difference between the two in terms of formality in my opinion?) Like I said, it's pretty much like "I'm Jade" instead of "My name is Jade" in English.

This isn't a Lingoda thread, so it's whatever and maybe Jade just misunderstood but I just thought it was a strange moment because the way it came across was that the teacher incorrectly 'corrected' her
I’m not anywhere near German but I know the distinction between formal and informal is quite important, could it be because you’re probably not going to be casual with people you’ve just met? Like you’re not going to be saying your name to a friend you’ve had for years

lushstudent

In a way I can see why she would stay ignorant or not talk about it tbh
Disapproving of it would look bad for her father, and obviously that's not ideal
And then discussing the shit MLMs do would be recognising that your life is built on that - a bit of a lose lose situation if she discusses it properly
I agree it'd be a lose lose for her but surely she KNOWS that what she's saying is fucking bollocks

Merpedy

VIP Member
On June 5th she posted she was out of quarantine, and I’m pretty sure she mentioned previously that she was having to quarantine until her tests came back negative
You must quarantine on arrival in England. You can take a test no earlier than the 5th day after arrival in England.
You arrive in England on Monday. Tuesday will be your first full day of quarantine. You can take a test no earlier than the 5th day after arrival in England - Saturday. You must continue to quarantine while you await your test result.
But surely if she arrived back home on the 2nd, she would have only been out of quarantine on the 7th - if it was the 1st she would have been out of quarantine on the 6th (this is not taking into account the 24 hours wait time for results also, so it's more like 8th/7th)

For it to be 5 days in quarantine she should have arrived back on the 30th/31st

If we go by the 2nd, it seems she took the day 2 PCR test that you have to book on return (and pay for as it's private) and assumed that her negative meant that she can be out of quarantine, which I understand is not the case:
If you choose Test to Release, you must still book and take your 2 compulsory travel tests.
(also seemingly no mention that your day 2 PCR test counts, it the 5th day onwards tests that do)

Ladybug200

Idk if someone have already said this. But, maybe she is planning to stay in German as an dutch citizen. I remember that before she went to SF, she was in London trying to get her dutch passport. I am not sure if she got it though

TheTatler

I'm glad of this but we all know she'll behave exactly the same in the next country she goes to. Anyone know what it is?
I think she mentioned India somewhere

Edit: I don't know if she will though. India is suffering from COVID and looks like many countries are putting a stop on flights to/from India. Dont know if SK is on that too.

Horlicksmixer

Honestly, I think it’s a very common thing to lie about. I’ve met so many people who have insisted they’re C2 in English, then you hear them actually speak it and they’re literally B2 at best lmao.
Omg same lol. I think it is also about different standards of testing across unregistered institutions, esp in Spain imo. My husband's friend told my husband he was C2, and when I spoke to him he couldn't even have an A1 level conversation introducing himself etc. Only a handful of people are really C2