Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Woah I just looked at the comments again on her video and people are really laying into her about her fetishizing SK culture, fair play tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 36

NotAnArtist

I've harped on about this before but the more I see both "retuning to England" and "self-growth" appear as topics in her stories, I can't help thinking how Jade has almost completely opted out of the self-growth process most people have had to go through this past year.

Forced and involuntaty growth - but growth all the same when some of us casually said a "bye, see you later" to a friend and then didn't meet them again for a year, or when young people were separated from their families during important holidays not because they were prepping to travel but because they couldn't go on the 30 minute drive home.

Being in touch with one feelings and affirming that I deserve abundance or whatever is nice and all, but when that's the take-away from a year that has been such a burgen to people who have ultimately done their best and gotten through it... that's very little tbh, and it's weird that Jade would guide her fans through this reset challenge when many of her fans will have faced much more substantial challenges recently.

• Heart

beaki167

I *love* how she explains in her IG story that she has always been 😏interested😏 in learning German and that she has a 😏intuitional understanding😏 for it because she 😏knows😏 Dutch. And then proceeds to announce to her followers that it is a hard language. Who would have thought that it doesn’t come naturally because you once dated a German guy and have a Dutch mother?? truly shocking!! i can‘t stand her smug face anymore

Edit: didn‘t see missmina‘s screenshot before!! thanks for your screenshot haha

• Heart

captain_sack

Interesting to see her response to being called out on TikTok :rolleyes:
"No I HAD to travel to South Korea, and I was FORCED to ignore restrictions to go on trips while I was there because I go to MINERVA gah" ✨

Attachments

• Haha

mooncat

New thread:
Unjaded Jade, the next literary sensation.
But will her new book have a German translation?
this is fantastic but may i suggest changig it to: will she also do a german translation?
because tbh we all know that she could easily do it herself, i mean she's basically fluent so why hire someone

• Haha
I think another layer of 'bad' that hasn't been discussed yet about this 'book' (if you can even really call it that) is the fact that Jade is completely disconnected from the experience of doing exams/graduating from school/applying to unis was like during Covid-19. As someone who actually is/did go through that, it makes her 'advice' feel all the more belittling and condescending tbh.

Reactions: 35

slamvs27

VIP Member
Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 2.46.58 PM.png

No Jade, YOU'RE disgusting. I cannot fathom how she cannot see that. Staring at her own hypocrisy like a mirror and saying positive affirnations like "oo, quirky curly hair!! you're the best!! you are worthy of everything, including disregarding other people's safety and fetishizing other cultures :love: you're a FAIRY KWEEN"

• Haha

fwooper

VIP Member
Her segment on climate change just proves that she is really not that smart and really is only capable of surface level thinking. She steals commentary from actual activists, parroting things about protecting indigenous communities/fast fashion/labour/climate refugees - stuff she has seen smarter people talk about - but she doesn't fully understand these topics herself. The few times she does try to give her own revolutionary opinion on things, it's always something that is painfully ignorant and it's obvious she hasn't bothered to read anything about the topic (e.g. capitalism is the solution to damage caused by capitalism, BP CEO just needs to meditate with me). Also, if you say things like "people in the lowest tier of the world", I think you're a bona fide idiot because I don't understand how she could've listened to herself saying that without realising how offensive that is.

I mean, come on, this caption she put on the video about the BP CEO: He's actually trying to make BP wayyy greener which is a good start!
Does she have cotton wool for brains? Every CEO of a fossil fuel company claims they are "trying" to make their company greener. Every CEO of a fossil company claims they care about climate change. If they didn't, it'd be terrible PR. If she bothered to read one fucking book on this topic she'd know that this is exactly the tactic that fossil fuel companies are employing - aggressively marketing themselves as sustainable to dupe naive people like Jade, but in reality they're carrying on business as usual.

• Heart

Ms.Marble

VIP Member
I usually don't really comment on Jade, and apologies if this was already discussed, but it really irked me that she posted parts of her online German class and I don't think she asked for consent from the others.
I get that she didn't show their faces etc. but she did include soundbites of the class. Mostly of the teacher and a tiny bit of students talking. I doubt she asked for consent on using it, as she would have mentioned it if she did and they might not appreciate someone recording the class without their knowledge and then using parts of it on YouTube. Not everyone loves the sound of their own voice as much as she does. It just annoyed me a lot. Maybe to an irrational extent lol

• Heart

lushstudent

Her talking about the woman who offered them a free meal at her restaurant and saying that she was glad because "Seoul is expensive and we are uni students"... Jade what the fuck, you're rich and don't pretend like you're not. Ah yes, jetting off across the world for no real reason with a scam of a university is exactly what a uni student actually struggling with finances would do
This annoys me so so so much. there are people at my university who have a looottttt of money and sometimes they'll say things like "ugh its so hard being a poor student lol" and I'm like ... your parents give you like £200 a week to spend on whatever you want AND they're paying for your accomodation. You're fine.

quartzen

"No I HAD to travel to South Korea, and I was FORCED to ignore restrictions to go on trips while I was there because I go to MINERVA gah" ✨
I HAD to travel abroad for my exclusively online university with 0 in person campus or activities 🥴

• Sick
Reactions: 34

peterbread

the fact she advertised casual magic as "how to feel like the main character" or whatever just reveals what it truly is- an.exercise in egocentrism. she definitely believes she is the main character and as a result she can't conceive that any of her audience knows anything without her explaining it to them, like that time she made the book review video and talked about the ego and the id as if she was the only one who knew from reading the obscure book, not knowing they're two of the main concepts in psychology and anyone who has even heard of Freud knows what they are

HollyLeaf

Some of us haven’t been around people for over a year because of covid. She’s moaning after one day away from friends. :rolleyes:

peanutbuttervibes

didn’t she go to switzerland during germany’s lockdown? so who cares if she quarantined after getting back lol, you were not supposed to leave berlin let alone the country

• Heart

Confidant

I saw this earlier today by Chimamanda Adichie and thought it applies so well to Jade. Thinking about the entitlement, the fake focus on ‘self care’ and ✨casual bullsh*t ✨, her trip to Switzerland and the lame attempt at an apology video and now her attempts to write a book. It’s just Jade all over.
309A1E8D-8B5D-411F-BCC6-422ECFCBC31E.png

• Heart

Blueglacier

she just posted on her story she's sending good energy to brighten up a 'heavy online world' does she not grasp that like people exist outside of her in real life? The infographics she's sharing aren't just slightly sad internet thing they are real life human beings dying, but to her they're just making her sad whilst she scrolls how inconvenient what an empath.
Honestly I kinda hate insta activism. Sure it might get people talking but they're so surface level and 10 slides don't cover such complex issues. It's also mocking the issue

Reactions: 33

klokloklo

come on guys, Jade mentioned once in her old videos how not everything is perfect at her household and how i think her mum struggled with some sort of ED, so i dont think its okay to mock her mum or whatever, Jade herself is annoying and its her thread.

nissigossips

Don't point out to me that I killed people 🥺🥺🥺 That's unkind 🥺🥺🥺

• Haha
  • Angry