Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ggacc

they described what my whole year at university in remote felt like ahah
Jade reckons that if she took the CEO of BP on a '1 week meditation retreat' and had time alone to talk with him, she'd be able to convince him to change their climate impact ??? what

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

koreandoor

Jade: Seoul is so expensive and we’re uni students
Also Jade: ✨just causally rents an Airbnb to get away from the stress of it all 🧚‍♂️
I’ve never seen someone try to be relatable but also not be relatable lol

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51

nissigossips

ALSO not being funny but when she's talking about rich people who care more about their money than climate change THAT IS LITERALLY YOU JADE you jet across the world every couple of weeks!!!

Reactions: 51

merwaters

I'm sure Jade goes on about being an ethical consumer and treating employees well. Then she uses Amazon to sell her book when Amazon is well known to be unethical and treat their workers badly.

Amazon will give her sales. So essentially when it comes to her income she's happy to exploit workers. Hmmm

• Heart
Reactions: 50

fwooper

VIP Member
From her new video I definitely get the impression that she is holding back on saying negative stuff about Minerva (she says she will talk about it properly one day - I wonder if that's because she isn't able to talk about them too negatively without repercussions while she is a student? That's not a normal university policy!!)

She does say that being at Minerva involves “watching your friends deteriorate”… what?! She also talks about hiring an AirBnB during the semester because she was so burnt out and needed time alone. I’m not surprised. Minerva makes their students share a bedroom with other people for 4 years straight which seems so unhealthy. Having said that I find it hard to be too sympathetic - her YouTube channel, whether intentionally or not, is one giant advert for Minerva and she has undoubtedly encouraged many people to apply. So the fact she is dropping hints that Minerva is a recipe for a mental health crisis, but acts coy about it and refuses to be more transparent about what that means, doesn't sit right with me when a lot of people might apply because of her.

Reactions: 49

July9696

Chatty Member
The fact she joined lesson THIRTEEN straight off the bat and then joined her actual level (I’m assuming a single digit lesson 🙄) is just the height of hubris!!!! I’m actually embarrassed for her!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The Dutch comment absolutely threw me. As a native Dutch speaker I can assure you she doesn't sound Dutch at all because, shocker... she can hardly speak Dutch. I'll truly never understand why this girl thinks she is some linguistic miracle. I'm currently learning German and while it's has similarities to Dutch, it's still very different and challenging. Why not focus on learning the language of the country you keep bringing up as a "diversity token" before jumping onto another one?

• Heart
Reactions: 48

meweme

If she comes back to Germany before the second dose and hopes to get it here I wish her good luck. I'm already waiting on the complaints on how "difficult life is as an expat" but how she's so grateful that she gets to practice her German when calling the doctor's offices. 🤮
Maybe getting yelled at by an irritated receptionist can be the 'casual magic' of that particular day.
"Guys, ✨💫 casual magic 💫✨ of the day: I bonded with this charismatic 45-year old overworked and underpaid receptionist today and she suggested a neurological check-up. Germans are soooo thoughtful, gaaaaah! Btw. does anyone know what 'Arschloch' means? Help a fluent gal out! 😜"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

beaki167

one second into her new video: "all the videos I made in Seoul capture about 1% of everything that happened in Seoul"
yeah we figured you experienced stuff that didn't fit into your "This video was filmed within covid regulations"-narrative, Jade

Reactions: 47

peterbread

Interesting to see her response to being called out on TikTok :rolleyes:
"No I HAD to travel to South Korea, and I was FORCED to ignore restrictions to go on trips while I was there because I go to MINERVA gah" ✨
lmaooo she's pretending she's a victim of cancel culture. No jade, cancel culture is when people have their whole platforms taken away for things they said years ago. People directing valid criticism at you about why you decided it would be acceptable to travel between countries six times in a pandemic is not cancel culture

• Heart
Reactions: 46

peterbread

you know what jade, whilst you might be able to romanticise your life, the rest of us have been through a year and a half long pandemic, and have not left our houses let alone the country. I'm sure it is easy to romanticise your life when you've travelled to 5 countries whilst I've been isolated in my room alone. Sorry, but some light coming through my curtains is not enough to make my life amazing after this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

ECH

VIP Member
I actually genuinely don't believe she realises how out of touch she is. Her and her rich Minerva friends have been able to travel, and at this point I'm sure she has the cognitive dissonance to believe that everyone commenting on her videos is just a mean hater out to get her when she thinks she's behaving normally.

• Heart

meweme

Ok but why are Minerva students so obsessed with studying outside, for me that would be a nightmare, the sun would be in your face the whole time, you don’t generally have WiFi, my laptop is 4 years old (unlike some influencers who get sent laptops for free.......) and needs charging every 2 mins so I need to be near a plug, let alone the bugs and general dirtiness of nature
Gah! Clearly you're no nature gaaaaaal! Go away! So much negative energy!

• Haha

Paloma_

Our nature gahl learned german in one month thanks to her sponsorship and her intuitive dutch understanding 👏👏

• Haha
Reactions: 44

n8459

Chatty Member
Can we please not derail this thread by debating trans people’s experiences?

As a trans person I’m so tired of strangers who don’t know my life or background telling me how I experience life or which privileges I do and don’t have.

Let’s get back to complaining about Jade please

• Heart

anfp

she spent one single day living like most other uni students in lockdown and she's like gahhhh I'm so lonely

• Heart

missmina

VIP Member
Basically
Untitled.png

And no Jade, you haven't Learned German in a month - it's so arrogant to even title a video like that. Besides she's just prepared that monologue at the end before filming and probably learned it by heart so in no way does it show her actual level of German... She's super annoying.

• Haha
  • Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
She's probably not going home, she cares more about appearing cool and international than she does about her family. Plus, if she doesn't go home, it means she has another opportunity to post a picture of her mum crying to get sympathy points.
Yeah if she does go straight from South Korea to Germany I don't want to hear one damn thing about how ~hard~ it is that she hasn't seen her family in so long. Her decision to be away from her family was entirely by choice. I think she tries to relate to the people in the UK who hadn't seen their families for a whole year because of shielding etc but those are completely different scenarios.

Blueglacier

When she says "dutch, I intuitively understand it because of my mum". Does she thinks languages are inherited, as if they're a genetic trait or something?

I really don't understand what she means by she intuitively understands dutch when she said her mum didn't speak to her in Dutch.

• Haha