Unjaded Jade #4 Tragic Magic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see how this doesn’t look right. I could genuinely see how she secretly planned this thinking of that beauty filter she tried on instagram and giving her speech about fake beauty. So in the end she would get more comments on her make up instead of criticism. But this is just a stupid conspiracy theory so take it with a pinch of salt lol!
By the way when I watched the video there was a comment with 10ish likes asking her to speak about criticism and I think now it‘s gone (probably deleted?).
It might be further down-sometimes the comments get weird when a video is new. I can't spot any deleted comments but that's just me!

Reactions: 4
lol you guys will complain about anything. If she took no interest in the culture you'd be saying she's not bothering to educate herself, yet when she discusses culture you complain about her too when she's said nothing about western culture being better. Lol bye pls get a life x
there is literally nothing wrong in criticising the way she is portraying information. I know far too many Koreans who are sick of people like Jade perpetuating this idea that all there is to Korean culture is unrealistic beauty standards and the like. She doesn't put forth the info as though she's up for a discussion, but rather like she is educating her viewers on how uNfAiR korean society is. Does this make Jade evil/is it the worst thing she has done? No, of course not, but it's always worth thinking critically about the way influencers portray information (and, additionally, giving real suggestions as to how they could better talk about it). You're also absolutely fair to disagree - but saying stuff like 'get a life x' is a rather dead-end discussion tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
there is literally nothing wrong in criticising the way she is portraying information. I know far too many Koreans who are sick of people like Jade perpetuating this idea that all there is to Korean culture is unrealistic beauty standards and the like. She doesn't put forth the info as though she's up for a discussion, but rather like she is educating her viewers on how uNfAiR korean society is. Does this make Jade evil/is it the worst thing she has done? No, of course not, but it's always worth thinking critically about the way influencers portray information (and, additionally, giving real suggestions as to how they could better talk about it). You're also absolutely fair to disagree - but saying stuff like 'get a life x' is a rather dead-end discussion tbh.
Plus her discussion was literally 'beauty standards are different here, plastic surgery is common' and not really delving any deeper. If she'd talked about things like the reasons behind why beauty standards are like that, or mentioned any movements taking place in Korea to change beauty standards, I would have been impressed. She just presents the most base level information and expects us to be wowed.

Reactions: 11
Because I haven’t needed to travel abroad and have no family who need to do so I haven’t followed exactly what travel corridors this would affect, but I’ve just seen that the UK have now closed travel corridors - I wonder if this is going to complicate any semblance of a plan she had about being so far from home 🙃

Reactions: 7
I don't think I could cope with quarantining in an unfamiliar country just do do school on my laptop when i could be at home. I have allergies so there's no way I would put myself through a situation where I have no idea what I am being fed, even if it does look nice.

Minerva strikes me as a system that would cause mental health problems. You can tell Jade is struggling but pretending so hard that everything is 💫fine 💫. Will she push through 2 more years after this?
she only has to quarantine for 2 weeks, after that she is free to do and go where she wants

• Angry
Reactions: 3
Because I haven’t needed to travel abroad and have no family who need to do so I haven’t followed exactly what travel corridors this would affect, but I’ve just seen that the UK have now closed travel corridors - I wonder if this is going to complicate any semblance of a plan she had about being so far from home 🙃
Won't affect her much at all. Travel corridors just exempt you from having to self-isolate for 10 days when you return from abroad - you can still travel to and from a non-travel corridor area, but you just have to self-isolate on your return. There's also a new rule where you have to nest negative before boarding a flight to the UK, but again not really a huge issue. Even if travel bans were imposed she is a UK national so would have no problem getting back home if she needed to.

Reactions: 2
With the spread of different variants her travelling honestly just looks worse, especially when our rules on it are/were so relaxed (not sure if they introduced testing yet, but even then no one is going to be outside your door making sure you quarantine properly just in case).

We really saw with the UK variant just how bad things can turn in a matter of days/weeks

Reactions: 9
Btw where did Jade's "boyfriend" say she is his best friend? Curious hahaha

Reactions: 1
She's already posted again btw, just opened youtube and she was right there on my home page! Couldn't bring myself to watch yet though lmao

Reactions: 1
You know what I actually find hilarious? Her followers comparing her to literally everyone even if they have nothing - absolutely noooothing - in common. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Harry Styles... :D Haha. What the heck?

Reactions: 7
Everything about her acknowledgement that she was privileged was insincere. The grinning and laughing. You can tell that she really doesn't get it.

Reactions: 17
“M e” is back in her new video 🤣🤣 at this point I’m starting to think it’s her
Live and let live is the thing indeed, however Jade and people like Jade are acting like "It's cool with me if you die of this virus" which is why people are angry, you dumb duck. Smh. It's not use having a discussion with the stupid, a brick wall would have grasped the gravity of the situation better.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.