Unjaded Jade #4 Tragic Magic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely this. I have seen some comments which if engaged with would probably lead you towards racism and other problematic things veryyyy quickly.

The way they're writing makes me think it's someone who has English as a second language, and possibly reads here.

Also I genuinely cannot wait to read the wiki on Minerva lmao
@m e isn’t a native english speaker, but I’m 99% sure the other one @Someone is a dumb republican from america because they’re going on about oppression from the government and how people shouldn’t be allowed to protest during the pandemic

Reactions: 10
@m e isn’t a native english speaker, but I’m 99% sure the other one @Someone is a dumb republican from america because they’re going on about oppression from the government and how people shouldn’t be allowed to protest during the pandemic
Ffs probably one of the idiots that stormed the capitol 🥴

Reactions: 7
Yeah 'someone' replied to my comment saying that the people protesting and rioting during a pandemic were worse than Jade ... I said I hope they're referring to the Capitol riots, bc if they're referring to BLM (as per their previous comment) I'm going to lose my tit

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Yeah 'someone' replied to my comment saying that the people protesting and rioting during a pandemic were worse than Jade ... I said I hope they're referring to the Capitol riots, bc if they're referring to BLM (as per their previous comment) I'm going to lose my tit
I initially assumed it was the capitol riots they were referring to but after seeing them reply to @m e immediately after saying ‘they're brainwashed by their government’ I reckon they’re on about blm

• Angry
Reactions: 6
'Casual Magic of the Day: I called my Mum for 2 hours. I've had a pretty emotionally exhausting week and a half.'

Gahhh exhausting being called out on your actions Jade?

Reactions: 17
'Casual Magic of the Day: I called my Mum for 2 hours. I've had a pretty emotionally exhausting week and a half.'

Gahhh exhausting being called out on your actions Jade?
Playing the world's tiniest violin for her

• Haha
Reactions: 20
"It's tiresome that I can't just do whatever tickles my fancy, put those choices on the internet for money&adoration and expect zero consequences." *cries into her backwards desk*

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry, this thread moves so fast but she said on her other tiktok's comments that people were tagging jade and she was afraid of legal trouble, so she took it down
What was the video about? I have a tiktok page which I get threatened with legal action on almost daily and never once has any sort of lawsuit or police action ever materialised. People love to throw this sort of legal action talk around but they’ll almost never do anything, especially someone like jade

Reactions: 9
The tiktok was basically really sarcastic and it was really clear she was impersonating Jade, it was called "pov: I'm a studytuber who has changed" (that wasn't actually it, my memory is terrible lmao but something along those lines) and she said things like "guys my Oxford rejection was actually a good thing, going there would have messed with my chakras" But it was very clearly based on Jade, mentioned going to a travelling university online and such!

I don't actually think the creator could have gotten into any legal trouble because she never mentions Jade by name, but I understand she just wanted to be careful!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The tiktok was basically really sarcastic and it was really clear she was impersonating Jade, it was called "pov: I'm a studytuber who has changed" (that wasn't actually it, my memory is terrible lmao but something along those lines) and she said things like "guys my Oxford rejection was actually a good thing, going there would have messed with my chakras" But it was very clearly based on Jade, mentioned going to a travelling university online and such!

I don't actually think the creator could have gotten into any legal trouble because she never mentions Jade by name, but I understand she just wanted to be careful!
Aw im gutted I missed that 😭 but yeah there is 0 chance she would get into any trouble with that, probably would catch a lot of hate from jade stans though

I know a lot of you speak of Minerva as a way to get into Silicon Valley. But it's not much of a positive is it, really. Jade is a ~spontaneous nomad~ after all 😉 and now she has only *one* post-academic pathway to take after university. She'd get laughed at anywhere else.

How many doors would have opened for her if she had just gone to a Russel group or re-applied for Oxbridge? For someone who's gone to Oxbridge, they could confidently go for Silicon Valley... or anything, really. I giggle every time I think of all the wealthier students that chose to get an actual education and travel in their spare time... oh Jade, if only you had a brain. 🤭

Reactions: 13
I know a lot of you speak of Minerva as a way to get into Silicon Valley. But it's not much of a positive is it, really. Jade is a ~spontaneous nomad~ after all 😉 and now she has only *one* post-academic pathway to take after university. She'd get laughed at anywhere else.

How many doors would have opened for her if she had just gone to a Russel group or re-applied for Oxbridge? For someone who's gone to Oxbridge, they could confidently go for Silicon Valley... or anything, really. I giggle every time I think of all the wealthier students that chose to get an actual education and travel in their spare time... oh Jade, if only you had a brain. 🤭
Don’t worry she’ll manifest her way into a job, there’ll always be juice plus! Also I can’t see her wanting to work for someone, like I can see her continuing to work for Minerva....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
One of the YouTube comments has said that Jade mentioned she was getting paid to promote Minerva as part of the work-study programme or whatever. If that's the case, some of her Minerva-focused videos would surely breach the law because they're literal advertisements?

Anyway, I might check if she's actually mentioned it but ehhhhh

Reactions: 14
One of the YouTube comments has said that Jade mentioned she was getting paid to promote Minerva as part of the work-study programme or whatever. If that's the case, some of her Minerva-focused videos would surely breach the law because they're literal advertisements?

Anyway, I might check if she's actually mentioned it but ehhhhh
The ASA would be very interested to hear about her recent AD breaches and that if it’s true ;)

• Haha
My 24 minutes of rushed research because I realised I really cannot stand sitting through her videos and also spoilered because it's nothing that interesting

The whole video is about her summer internship as I'm sure some of you have seen. At one point she mentioned that she was having interviews with The Sunday Times and I'm pretty sure that this is the interview - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...rtual-uni-no-campus-no-wild-parties-6rpmrpm9w
There's also a Guardian article from July 2020 which I believe would fall under her internship dates?
She seemingly didn't make any videos about Minerva during that time but I might be wrong. Anyway, she also made an IG post encouraging people to read the article for "an interesting perspective on the future of higher education following coronavirus, as well as what Minerva is like!"
On her IG story (saved under July) she mentions she was also interviewed for UK radio and I assume this also falls under her internship!
There's probably more stuff but anyway, my weird problem with this is that I wouldn't have realised that she was doing this as part of a job, and I don't think most of her fans or people who stumble into these articles/interviews would either because it is so unusual to see advertisements in such formats for universities when they're not under the 'name' of the university. If that makes any sense? Most advertisements from unis that I do see/hear are either some random person speaking, often not a student, or if they are a student it's under the logo of that university and has been organised by that university. This is, in my opinion, a very very sneaky way of advertising because it is so unusual.

Also, she mentioned how her manager at the time wanted Jade to send a list of reflections, goals and whatever. I don't know if this toxic positivity thing was really a thing for her, but judging by the stories and posts I viewed, she started giving advice and it was sounding like something she would be set as a task? So I'm wondering if part of that toxic positivity and reflection stuff rises out of that and Minerva in general.

But anyway, I reckon if she posted anything Minerva related during the summer months of 2020, it probably fell under her internship and is therefore likely 'sponsored'

ALSO BTS:
Homegirl was listening to 00:00 in June of 2020 unless the description somehow has an automated thing where it stays up to date constantly but I don't think that's the case. So basically this new found love for BTS isn't that new found at all, and it's lowkey a bit weird that she's only mentioning it now. But also, I think this is around the time she was preparing to go to Korea for September.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.