Unjaded Jade #4 Tragic Magic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title thanks to @nissigossips who was inspired by @slamvs27

Jade is in Korean quarantine, confused by the food and pretending it's all ✨casual magic✨

Before flying over she had a fun time crossing the German border to go on a little weekend getaway with a guy called Nikolai in a small Swiss town.

Minerva continues to be a weird/subpar university.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thread title thanks to @nissigossips who was inspired by @slamvs27

Jade is in Korean quarantine, confused by the food and pretending it's all ✨casual magic✨

Before flying over she had a fun time crossing the German border to go on a little weekend getaway with a guy called Nikolai in a small Swiss town.

Minerva continues to be a weird/subpar university.
She has consistently flouted travel restrictions and quarantine requirements through her arrival and stay in Berlin including her Swiss trip.

Reactions: 7
I don't think I could cope with quarantining in an unfamiliar country just do do school on my laptop when i could be at home. I have allergies so there's no way I would put myself through a situation where I have no idea what I am being fed, even if it does look nice.

Minerva strikes me as a system that would cause mental health problems. You can tell Jade is struggling but pretending so hard that everything is 💫fine 💫. Will she push through 2 more years after this?

Reactions: 17
Minerva strikes me as a system that would cause mental health problems. You can tell Jade is struggling but pretending so hard that everything is 💫fine 💫.
Oh definitely, I still remember the story from the Minerva blog by this poor girl who suffered from some mental health issues and Minerva basically threatened to kick her out (?)

*Niklas ;)

Reactions: 5
Jade also has a tendency to make everything into ✨casual magic✨. A few days ago she took a photo of some sunshine coming through a window and called it the casual magic of the day. Hence, tragic magic.

Reactions: 5
I've just seen her insta story about confidence-she understands people not being confident, "especially as a woman in a world that teaches you to be insecure because it's profitable for companies to prey upon". She also says "women are taught to be cute, people-pleasing, overly nice" to the extent where it's hard to cultivate your true self unapologetically.
I don't even know where to start with this. The first quote about profitability sounds like she's just plucked it out of some social issues book. The way she's presenting women here is like saying they are too weak and have been overpowered by capitalism. I don't deny that capitalism has negatively impacted women's rights and position in society, but it's a lot more complex than "a company had the power to force women to be a certain way." It's just clear she's trying to be so woke but is just using buzz phrases. I don't know about you guys but I don't know any woman who has been taught to be cute and overly nice by society. I myself feel that at no point in my life have I been pressured to be any of these things. I know this is a complex issue and that some people may feel this way because of certain positions they have been in, but what I'm saying is that the majority of girls and women would not claim to have been affected this way. What I think is happening here is that Jade is trying hard to be woke, and trying to do some good I concede but the things she's saying simply aren't true, and I fear that if we continue to view women as having been forced by capitalism to be "cute" and "people pleasing" then we are just going to speak it into existence as a self fulfilling prophecy, especially when it's someone with as big an audience as Jade. There is a clear difference with how the patriarchy and capitalism WANTS women to be, and how women ACTUALLY ARE. Her failure to distinguish this is highly concerning.

Reactions: 14
Who else thinks her vlogs will slowly morph into the Korean youtubers style? I watch some of them and they tend to focus on everyday life and small details but do it without setting off fireworks and practically screaming "LOOK AT ME APPRECIATING THE SMALL THINGS✨✨✨✨" like Jade does. The whole aesthetic is waiting for Jade to spoil it lmao.

Reactions: 18
I've just seen her insta story about confidence-she understands people not being confident, "especially as a woman in a world that teaches you to be insecure because it's profitable for companies to prey upon". She also says "women are taught to be cute, people-pleasing, overly nice" to the extent where it's hard to cultivate your true self unapologetically.
I don't even know where to start with this. The first quote about profitability sounds like she's just plucked it out of some social issues book. The way she's presenting women here is like saying they are too weak and have been overpowered by capitalism. I don't deny that capitalism has negatively impacted women's rights and position in society, but it's a lot more complex than "a company had the power to force women to be a certain way." It's just clear she's trying to be so woke but is just using buzz phrases. I don't know about you guys but I don't know any woman who has been taught to be cute and overly nice by society. I myself feel that at no point in my life have I been pressured to be any of these things. I know this is a complex issue and that some people may feel this way because of certain positions they have been in, but what I'm saying is that the majority of girls and women would not claim to have been affected this way. What I think is happening here is that Jade is trying hard to be woke, and trying to do some good I concede but the things she's saying simply aren't true, and I fear that if we continue to view women as having been forced by capitalism to be "cute" and "people pleasing" then we are just going to speak it into existence as a self fulfilling prophecy, especially when it's someone with as big an audience as Jade. There is a clear difference with how the patriarchy and capitalism WANTS women to be, and how women ACTUALLY ARE. Her failure to distinguish this is highly concerning.
I agree. This is a typical rich white cis experience of womens oppression though, so tbf this kind of superficial understanding is exactly the sort of thing I’d expect jade to come out with. It’s a shame considering how much she’s travelled etc

I agree. This is a typical rich white cis experience of womens oppression though, so tbf this kind of superficial understanding is exactly the sort of thing I’d expect jade to come out with. It’s a shame considering how much she’s travelled etc
I know I shouldn't be like "people have it worse" because that's usually vthe case for most unfortunate situations but bleeping hell, if the worst women had experienced was fighting the expectations of always being cute, we wouldn't be seeing and rioting and protesting against so much vicious violence towards us in every sense of the word. I can turn on the tv and catch at least a handful of news of male violence towards women every damn day. It's an intentional, ingrained, unforgiving system. Companies profiting off women's insecurities is the tip of a nasty iceberg. It definitely should be addressed but maybe not in the tone Jade chooses, acting like she's imparting wisdom on us mortals from her plane of enlightenment. I don't know what she's so giddy about.

Or maybe I'm touchy because I have second hand trauma from all the harrowing stuff I have to hear days on end and some rich white clueless girl collecting likes and clicks off of women's empowerment isn't what I needed today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
She should probably take up this confidence issue with her dad who is selling detox diet drinks first but ok Jade, go off

• Haha
Reactions: 43
She should probably take up this confidence issue with her dad who is selling detox diet drinks first but ok Jade, go off
Her whole lifestyle is literally built on money from mostly insecure and vulnerable women

Love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This sits at the same table as “oh you’re depressed? Just think happy thoughts!!”
This sits at an even better table which is "just think happy thoughts!" except said with insensitive and dumb comparisons to phone calls that don't even make sense!

Reactions: 8
Not really a surprise Jade has the whole ✨casual magic✨ thing, she's just training to join her father's business

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Of course she's now listening to BTS and playing BTS on almost every story. Any bets on other Koreaboo traits she'll take on? Waiting for her to start talking about finding an "Oppa" (or *CRINGE*, calling Niklas that) and pulling peace signs and love hearts in every story :cautious:

I don't think she could be one of those Korean style vloggers who film basic aspects of their day, cooking etc. They are much more calm and minimalist whereas her style is b(increasingly) manic and OTT

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.