Unjaded Jade #4 Tragic Magic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she would have also definitely had to see people at the car rental place on the way there and back
I was under the impression that it was probably the guy's car and they roadtripped together from Berlin? But regardless, there is no way you can go on a trip like that and not meet anyone

Reactions: 7
Good to know that Minerva's rEvOlUtIoNaRy teaching has instilled critical thinking into one (1) of its students.

Although, given that this student clearly hasn't drunk the kool-aid, I imagine the cult at large won't be happy with them.
Probably easier to remove yourself from the cult by not living in a tiny bedroom with two other students and not having to take part in their weird traditions in person.

Reactions: 12
I find it telling she's posted no Insta stories recently, not even to promote her new videos. Can't help but wonder if it's because she's working out how to react.

Reactions: 14
I honestly hope that some of her viewers still develop and change their ideas of responsibility and accountability. I can't read any of those "But what do you want her to do? Delete her account?"-comments anymore that seem to be following the "cancel culture"-mentality. I just want her to show accountability, to take in criticism instead of killing it with positivity, reflect her behaviour and apologize. "That's it." It's not as hard and radical as they all make it seem.

Reactions: 12
Two comments on that TikTok I found really interesting-especially the one pointing out that she doesn't need to swoop in with her White Saviour ways to solve Asian beauty standards.
This just ties in with her whole general patronising attitude towards other cultures. She knows next to nothing about Korea/Asia and she is just coming out with this crap... She is the definition of entitled white person, thinking that she, as a young 20 something with very limited life experience, somehow can influence the whole culture of a country/region... I just can't. If I had seen her videos now and someone told me it was a parody account I would believe it

Reactions: 16
So I am just watching her second to last vlog about first day at uni in isolation.... I don't know if I am being oversensitive, but her laughing at the lunch she got seems kind of ..almost offensive? It reminded me of when people laugh when pronouncing "foreign" names etc. This vlog is actually worse than I imagined, she feels guilt.... but has not helped at all. ffs I am actually livid watching this

Sorry for just endless posting... just watching the latest video... so she is talking about the korean language, yet doesn't really know exactly anything about its development? I am just flawed at how cringe this all is

I think she's just taking an interest in other cultures, I think people read into things way too much.
I disagree, if she had taken an interest she might have done so before? the stuff she is posting is really very basic for anyone who reads the news regularly

Reactions: 11
I mean you can't expect her to be an expert? Apologies for her having only a basic knowledge on one of many countries in the world? How dare she.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I mean you can't expect her to be an expert? Apologies for her having only a basic knowledge on one of many countries in the world? How dare she.
but then why post as if she is giving anyone advice? She says she is not an expert, but posting about what she does kind of implies she is educating someone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.