UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That map is very red! Do the Cons have enough MPs to still have a majority in the House of Commons?
They have 352 right now so yes, but this is down from the 365 they won in 2019.

Looking back, it's funny that the 2019 election was seen as such a big win/landslide for them when I'd say 365 is more of a comfortable majority than anything exceptional. Especially when you consider Labour won 418 and 412 seats in 1997 and 2001 respectively, and then falling down to 355 in 2005 was seen as a huge disappointment.

Reactions: 6
where can i get this on spotify bc ~cocaine tit for brains my policies are inhumane~ is an earworm
It's the same guy who did the Masterchef synthasia one (buttery biscuit base), but he's already said getting the relevant clearances to release this as a single would be nearly impossible, so I think you may be out of luck, sadly!

Reactions: 1
I see Crispin Blunt has confirmed he was the MP who was arrested in connection with relation to a rape allegation. I was initially going to say "here comes another by-election", however the fact he's chosen to say he's the MP and has said it's due to "extortion" makes me wonder if someone attempted to blackmail him.

Time will tell I suppose!

Reactions: 2
I've never heard of Crispin blunt but saw a pic of him. Not that it's better or worse, just an observation, I wonder if the rape allegation is male.

Dominic has obviously lost his iron, or maybe he couldn't find it given his poor eyesight.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Dominic has obviously lost his iron, or maybe he couldn't find it given his poor eyesight.
Its been lost for 3 years, his shirt was like that when he did the press conference in the rose garden in 2020.

Its been lost for 3 years, his shirt was like that when he did the press conference in the rose garden in 2020.
He really presented as a sociopath this afternoon. It was quite compelling to watch though, in a ghoulish sort of way, especially when he said that Boris must have been 'crackers' to employ him. 🤡

Reactions: 5
He really presented as a sociopath this afternoon. It was quite compelling to watch though, in a ghoulish sort of way, especially when he said that Boris must have been 'crackers' to employ him. 🤡
The whole thing has been chilling, the government had no care for its citizens. The worst government in a time of crisis led by a bone idle narcissist who isn't very bright and tge attention span of a dying goldfish. After the enquiry precisely nothing will happen to any of them. "Lessons have been learned etc etc"

• Angry
Reactions: 10
*World on the brink of nuclear destruction*

Rishi Sunak: I am committed to tackling the biggest threat to the planet in the history of civilisation…artificial intelligence 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well, he's kind of right. If it wasn't for using AI to manipulate big data and skew politics way over to the right via social media bots, we might well not be in this situation in the first place.

Well, he's kind of right. If it wasn't for using AI to manipulate big data and skew politics way over to the right via social media bots, we might well not be in this situation in the first place.
Yeah, but AI isn't the problem ... it's the humans who use it for nefarious means. As usual. God, we're such a hateful, greedy, species ... I hope the end comes soon. Let something else have a go. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Just a few more mile markers on this government's plummet into the depths of totalitarianism. Braverman wants to make it illegal for the homeless to live in tents and fine charities that hand them out as she believes it's "a lifestyle choice". Perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise. After all it was all the way back in the late 1980s that Tory Minister (and now Tory peer) Sir George Young notably said "The homeless? Aren’t they the people you step over when you came out of the opera?" and there is no possibility that Tories have become more compassionate since then.

Braverman has also now said unequivocally that every single person who takes part in the marches in support of Palestine is "hateful".

Oh and there's the not at all worrying revelation that the government plans to broaden the definition of who they consider to be 'extremists' to include anyone who (in their opinion) “undermines” the country’s institutions and its values.

I'm just eternally grateful that I don't have the kind of twisted mindset that could contemplate this never ending stream of incompetence, contempt, corruption and coercion and think "Yes, I might vote for more of that".

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.