UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Braverman has also now said unequivocally that every single person who takes part in the marches in support of Palestine is "hateful".
She's a tw@t who faked her CV to get where she is ... article is here, ironically in The Big Issue! Maybe that's why she has a problem with the homeless, who knows. :cautious: Only the hard-of-thinking pay her any mind ... she's the 'bad cop' to Rishi's 'good cop' act. It's quite pitiful to watch. Do you think she will be the next leader?

https://www.bigissue.com/news/polit...e-author-says-she-only-did-some-photocopying/

Reactions: 3
She's a tw@t who faked her CV to get where she is ... article is here, ironically in The Big Issue! Maybe that's why she has a problem with the homeless, who knows. :cautious: Only the hard-of-thinking pay her any mind ... she's the 'bad cop' to Rishi's 'good cop' act. It's quite pitiful to watch. Do you think she will be the next leader?

https://www.bigissue.com/news/polit...e-author-says-she-only-did-some-photocopying/
It appears that the only candidates being talked about for next Tory party leader are those who would take the party even further to the right and adopting a UK version of 'MAGA Conservativism'; Braverman or Farage. However, I think it's more likely that it will be someone a bit less obviously fascist, someone like Badenoch who only this week has been attending a conference of the Alliance for Responsible Citizenship (ARC) about which all I need to know is that it appear to be fronted by Jordan Peterson and is an offshoot of and funded by the Legatum Institute which also funds GB News.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Braverman should have bigger fish to fry than people sleeping in tents. With everything going on in the world and the UK, tents are not high on anyones list of priorities. I can't believe she's Home Secretary.
---
It appears that the only candidates being talked about for next Tory party leader are those who would take the party even further to the right and adopting a UK version of 'MAGA Conservativism'; Braverman or Farage. However, I think it's more likely that it will be someone a bit less obviously fascist, someone like Badenoch who only this week has been attending a conference of the Alliance for Responsible Citizenship (ARC) about which all I need to know is that it appear to be fronted by Jordan Peterson and is an offshoot of and funded by the Legatum Institute which also funds GB News.
They need someone who is also an elected member of parliament first. After results in Mid Beds and Tamworth non of them are on safe ground.

Reactions: 6
Back in the day the Tories were dead against this kind of "Big-Brother" snooping. I mean, the bank checking is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what powers the government actually want to give to the DWP: They want to give them police powers like arrest and seizure of assets, and the ability to demand detailed information from anybody who is connected with someone under investigation, whether they themselves are claiming benefits or not. It will be a field day for anyone who likes making malicious reports to the Jobcentre.

Reactions: 8
The whole thing has been chilling, the government had no care for its citizens. The worst government in a time of crisis led by a bone idle narcissist who isn't very bright and tge attention span of a dying goldfish. After the enquiry precisely nothing will happen to any of them. "Lessons have been learned etc etc"
I remember when it was being reported on TV about Covid striking Italy and how worrying and scary it all was, a cold chill ran over my body when I heard it said last week in the enquiry that these tory cabinet politicians were laughing at the situation the Italians were facing, just makes me feel ashamed to be British

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I remember when it was being reported on TV about Covid striking Italy and how worrying and scary it all was, a cold chill ran over my body when I heard it said last week in the enquiry that these tory cabinet politicians were laughing at the situation the Italians were facing, just makes me feel ashamed to be British
It is relentless isn’t it? I have never know a political party that has acted so poorly and without any hint of a moral compass.
What makes me ashamed to be British is that millions of people will still vote for them at the next election. What on earth has happened to us post Brexit?

Reactions: 14
It is relentless isn’t it? I have never know a political party that has acted so poorly and without any hint of a moral compass.
What makes me ashamed to be British is that millions of people will still vote for them at the next election. What on earth has happened to us post Brexit?
Politicians should be people you trust and uphold with strong values and ethics and first and foremost Lead by example! its deffo Broken Britain!

Politicians should be people you trust and uphold with strong values and ethics and first and foremost Lead by example! its deffo Broken Britain!
Tbf, I don't think Britain is the only Western Country that is 'broken' politically (possibly in other ways too) ... not that makes me feel better to say it.

Tbf, I don't think Britain is the only Western Country that is 'broken' politically (possibly in other ways too) ... not that makes me feel better to say it.
I agree. It does feel like the world needs to press a massive reset button at the moment.

Reactions: 4
All I want is a democratic country with strong leadership whether the policies align with my own values or not. Strong leadership and democracy is a basic requirement but the most important for me.
Controversial language is far from strong leadership which the current lot seem to be confused by. I'm not interested in caricatures.

yes I get you its an extremely scary world we live in, in lots of ways!

Reactions: 1
Back in the day the Tories were dead against this kind of "Big-Brother" snooping. I mean, the bank checking is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what powers the government actually want to give to the DWP: They want to give them police powers like arrest and seizure of assets, and the ability to demand detailed information from anybody who is connected with someone under investigation, whether they themselves are claiming benefits or not. It will be a field day for anyone who likes making malicious reports to the Jobcentre.
They’ll be bringing back the special powers act next lol

Attachments

I see the kings procession is going down well with lots of people 😬
---
I'm not a fan of republicanism (well, it's more the people who will be in control than the actual idea of it) but he does look pretty archaic sitting there like that.

I'm not a fan of republicanism (well, it's more the people who will be in control than the actual idea of it) but he does look pretty archaic sitting there like that.
He must feel like a right pillock tbh . I don’t think Charles is into the ceremonial aspect of royalty.

Like many others I have felt that Suella Braverman’s many statements about migrants, the homeless and “hate” matches are vile, ignorant and heartless. Over the last few days some political commentators have been suggesting that she is being deliberately provocative so that Sunak will sack her which in turn will help her campaign to be the next leader of the Tory party. As much as I would rather see far less of her, if she was to become their next leader after Sunak gets kicked out at least that would make the Tories even more unelectable.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.