UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nobody said it was? I said it’s great that the option exists. Some council tenants never choose to buy but remain there for 80+ years, then it might pass to their children if they’re resident with them, those properties are still out of circulation longterm , unless there’s some kind of tenancy time limit that I’ve never heard of??
Info on how that works:

Info on how that works:
I see it’s only been introduced within the past decade and doesn’t universally apply to all regions.
https://www.creditladder.co.uk/blog/inherit-a-council-or-housing-association-tenancy#:~:text=If%20your%20mum's%20tenancy%20started%20AFTER%20April%201st%2C%202012%20then,(such%20as%20her%20partner).

Reading through that I get the impression that the rules are pretty similar throughout England, Wales and Scotland

Ireland is normally a bit of the outlier for historical reasons (I assume)

Reading through that I get the impression that the rules are pretty similar throughout England, Wales and Scotland

Ireland is normally a bit of the outlier for historical reasons (I assume)
Interested to know what happens to those evicted from council tenacities if they don’t qualify to keep their home( under these new rules) …Does the council still have to house them / offer emergency accommodation?

I bet Sir Keir could do without this situation in Israel. I see old John McDonnell is already draping himself in the Palestinian flag. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I bet Sir Keir could do without this situation in Israel. I see old John McDonnell is already draping himself in the Palestinian flag. :rolleyes:
The Trots are always going to be a pain in the arse but I think Starmer's done a good enough job of showing that those lot are not what Labour's about.

Reactions: 5
I don't think much of their security abilities.
Well, David Lammy is defence secretary. ;) (Although tbf to David, Labour did have the utterly ridiculous Clive Lewis at one point). We're much safer with Grant Shapps. Oh wait ...

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That’s quite scary and such a lapse in security. Lucky it was only glitter.
I wonder if it was staged. Maybe to make Keir appear more 'interesting' and 'brave'. He seemed to fall to the floor before any security arrived on stage.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
2 big results for Labour, hopefully this bodes well in removing the current Govt/shysters.

Reactions: 5
20+ point swings are gargantuan. Obviously there won't be a 20+ point swing nationwide at the election but the Tories are definitely on the path to wipeout and almost guaranteed to fall below 200 seats.

Complete disaster for Sunak who might be at risk of losing his job, though I'm not sure a sixth leader and PM in thirteen years will do anything other than tank their polling even further.

They're being deservedly punished for thirteen years of misrule.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sunak's learned from Johnson that it's very convienient to be elsewhere when the tit goes down, hasn't he? Out in Saudi Arabia, probably trying to flog them some jets or something

Reactions: 3
People aren't going to forget how the tories have behaved in office over the past few years. They have absolutely no chance at the next election.

Reactions: 8
Good to see.

Had to laugh at Gillian Keegan trying to say these by-election results were because Tory voters didn't turn out to cast their ballots. She didn't look like she believed it herself. So embarrassing.

Reactions: 4
20+ point swings are gargantuan. Obviously there won't be a 20+ point swing nationwide at the election but the Tories are definitely on the path to wipeout and almost guaranteed to fall below 200 seats.

Complete disaster for Sunak who might be at risk of losing his job, though I'm not sure a sixth leader and PM in thirteen years will do anything other than tank their polling even further.

They're being deservedly punished for thirteen years of misrule.
That map is very red! Do the Cons have enough MPs to still have a majority in the House of Commons?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.