Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moley1

Chatty Member
And now ministers resigning right left and centre in support of Suella.

IMO she said what many of us were thinking. But she shouldn't have said it in the first place.
Doesn’t it tell you something that if something shouldn’t be said, there is probably a reason for that and perhaps you shouldn’t be thinking it either?
Serious question, doesn’t it bother you that she, as our Home Secretary, actively encourage a group of thugs to come to London and cause violence on our streets? Incitement to cause violence is a criminal offence. Do you think that homeless people should be deprived of the only shelter they have? Should people escaping persecution be put on a plane to a country that many think is unsafe also? Do you think that is ok?
Apparently in a poll only 16% of the people thought that she was doing a good job. Over 50% thought she was doing a poor job. I am glad and proud to be in the latter group of people and for those who support her, I sincerely hope that she and those like her get kicked out at the next election.

Reactions: 22

Moley1

Chatty Member
Controversial opinion (I know) but my opinion nevertheless, I want to make it clear that I do not agree with everything that Suella said during her time in office, however I really believe her comments about the marches are spot on and she said what too many are afraid to say in fear of being called Zionists/racists etc.

It has broken my heart to see the demise of our country, the fact that poppy sellers were mobbed and we could not respect our fallen during a sacred event without the attention being diverted.

The police are biased and weak, we are weak as a country and that is a result of a weak government.

I do not condone what is happening in Israel and Gaza, but why should this be a problem on our doorstep? With businesses being damaged, nationalists being attacked and people fearful to leave their homes? I am scared to live in London, it seems like a civil war is closer than ever unless we have major shifts in policy which will not happen.

When will the government learn that multiculturalism does not work? These marches are not only to support Gaza, there are hidden agendas but we are too woke as a nation to confront the reality. The world is laughing at us, our great country is a complete mess, someone needs to speak up and she did that. Now she suffers the impact of cancel culture.
She was “cancelled” because she was an absolutely useless Home Secretary who should be arrested for incitement to riot. She was rightly sacked before for breaking the ministerial code and should never have been given her job back. Nothing to do with tofu eating wokerati. She was sacked because she was a liability and completely unsuitable for such a job.
I am not sure if I have missed more stories about poppy sellers being assaulted but the one I did hear about in Scotland turned out not to be an assault at all. A child stood on the poppy seller’ s foot 😂.
There isn’t much to be proud about in this country at the moment but I am proud that hundreds of thousands of British people take to the streets to call for the end of killing innocent civilians. I know some people aren’t bothered as it isn’t happening here, but if decent people do not stand up and protest about inhumanity wherever it is taking place, what have we become?
If the world is laughing at us it is because of Brexit, it is because of the last 13 years of Tory misrule. If they are laughing at us about what happened on Saturday it will because we had a Home Secretary who thought it was perfectly ok to incite violence against a peace march. There are peace marches taking place all over the world. You have to be a pretty heartless person to laugh at them.
---
Of course no evidence was found *side eye*
It was fully investigated, eye witnesses were interviewed and CCTV viewed. As said, a child stood on his foot. The transport police made a point of coming out and saying there was no reason for poppy sellers to worry. Check it out if you don’t believe me.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Moth

VIP Member
Didn't these 'peaceful' protesters beat up an old man selling poppies in Scotland? Why do these these flag waving loons assault aged charity collectors? It's not just one they've done it to either. They targeted them. Hope to hear they've been banged up or they've been made to do community service in some care home gardens.
Didn't happen. The alleged assault of a poppy seller in Edinburgh was investigated by the British Transport Police. Extensive inquiries found no evidence of an assault. It was reported a child may have caused minor injuries to a poppy seller’s foot.

There were claims that poppy sellers were being abused and intimidated, that there were none at London stations because they were scared of attacks, that they were forced to wear body cameras for protection. But that's the problem if you get your 'facts' from The Sun, Daily Mail, GB News and politicians (Johnny Mercer and Sunak) they all have a clear agenda and so do the people who swallow and unquestioningly regurgitate these lies. - Edit: and then when the testimony of people who would actually know the truth is presented, insinuate without evidence that they are lying.

British Transport Police said: “We are aware that misleading information has been circulating in the mainstream media, which has understandably led to those who sell poppies being fearful for their safety at train stations. We want to reiterate that we have no reason to believe that those who sell poppies are at any risk or being intentionally targeted.

The Royal British Legion said there was no shortage of poppy sellers, with numbers up on last year, and poppy sales at all mainline stations. It said there had been no increase in reports about sellers being intimidated, abused or punched, and no volunteer had been asked by the charity to wear a body camera for their protection

Andy Taylor-Whyte, interim director of the Poppy Appeal, said supporters received a warm response from the public, with no significant concerns about abuse or intimidation. He said pro-Palestine protesters had been at Charing Cross last Saturday, which was the only incident he was aware of. He said: “It was a friendly sit-down. There was no intimidation. The volunteers didn’t feel threatened at all. And they continued to collect the following day.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

Moth

VIP Member
... the fact that poppy sellers were mobbed and we could not respect our fallen during a sacred event without the attention being diverted.
What are you talking about?

They are weak and too woke, she knew she was on her way out and said what everyone thinks. I hope that now she is sacked, she will continue to speak more truths.
Fortunately nothing like 'everyone' thinks like you.

Reactions: 18

Tyla73

VIP Member
Budget day. What do we want to see?

More people in work to help grow the economy.

Benefits given to those who rightly deserve them, and at the right amount.

Stop pandering to small boat arrivals. Loads of ideas, but they need to happen.

Too many civil servants working from home. Sort them out!

Too many in management rolls in the NHS. Thin it out and offer nurses more money to attract new trainees to join up.

Stop being a nanny state and get tough again.
Tell me you read the Daily Mail without telling me you read the Daily Mail 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
What is going on in Yemen?!
Honestly what the hell?!
We've been bombing Yemen on and off for 15 years. We've been selling arms to Saudi Arabia to bomb the Yemen for 15 years. Only now does it make news. Why? Because there's an election coming-up. It's a bit like The Falklands all over again ... stoking-up patriotism. It's fucking shameful. I'm just watching Cameron on BBC now ... honestly, how this man can show his fucking face is amazing. How wonderful must it be to have absoltutely no shame? In someway I'm jelaous, it must be lovely to sleep at night with no worries. I'm lost for words.

Bottom line: I can't get a dentist appointment. There are pot holes all over my high-street. Why THE FUCK are we trying to start a war in the Middle-East again. FUCK OFF. Ugh ... ARRGHGHGHG. I need to get off media and social media, it's not healthy for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
If there was ever any doubt about how odious Sue-Ellen Braverman is, her letter leaves it in no doubt. Anyone want this person as next leader of the Tory Party and possible PM?
The good news is that the Tory party implosion is now well under way and hopefully the pressure for a GE sooner rather than later will increase.
If you really want a letter designed to give you a laugh have a look at the letter of no confidence written by Dame Andrea Jenkyns.
Incoherent babble at its finest.
1699984781208.jpeg

Personally I prefer this one. Succinct and to the point.
1699984831102.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
And now ministers resigning right left and centre in support of Suella.

IMO she said what many of us were thinking. But she shouldn't have said it in the first place.
So she said what people ( RACISTS) are thinking but shouldn’t have said it?
Go back to bed ffs. 🙄

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Just when you think these utter utter psychopaths can’t possibly get any worse, they do.

When my mum was dying in a care home she was looked after by some of these “overseas care workers”. They talked to her, kept her clean and warm and safe, they brushed her hair, washed her and helped her maintain as much dignity as she could right up until the end.
I couldn’t make it to her in time, so one of these carers sat with her holding her hand when she died. She stayed way past the end of her shift until I got there and sat with me, holding MY hand and reassuring me that my mum went peacefully.
And this is a person these bastards want to punish and penalise?

• Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
So we’ve got an unelected Prime Minister appointing an unelected person to one of the highest government positions. Not a single one of Sunak’s MPs good enough to do the job then?
At the rate these twats are going we could all be called up before the next election. I’m calling dibs on Foreign Secretary, I could do with a holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
As is everyone else

Be it immigration or trans rights or whatever other issue gets blown slightly out of proportion
Everyone is so angry and ready to fight. I think it was in this thread I said I'd stopped looking at twitter. My timeline was a Muslin woman being abused on a bus. A Jewish man being abused on a train. Black only performances of plays and George Galloway. I really did have a WTF moment. Everything is so binary. If you question Immigration it means you're a gammon racist and go around screaming 'stop the boats'. If you question trans women in sport or prisons you're a TERF and a transphobe. If you want a ceasefire in Gaza you're a Hamas supporter. If you bring up Oct 7th you're a Zionist. It's exhausting.

Meanwhile our hospitals are falling apart. There is fuel poverty. There is food poverty. Our schools are falling down and our water is full of shit. I wish people would get as angry about all of that and protest every Saturday with such passion.

• Heart

BaxterBillions

VIP Member
Budget day. What do we want to see?

More people in work to help grow the economy.

Benefits given to those who rightly deserve them, and at the right amount.

Stop pandering to small boat arrivals. Loads of ideas, but they need to happen.

Too many civil servants working from home. Sort them out!

Too many in management rolls in the NHS. Thin it out and offer nurses more money to attract new trainees to join up.

Stop being a nanny state and get tough again.
That's some real vacuous stuff...are you Lee Anderson by any chance?

• Heart
  • Haha

Moth

VIP Member
Those societal issues are important though, one could argue that the problem with have with migrants is an economical issue because of the strain is places on the government to house them etc (which reminds me, what happened to the barge? Has that just been forgotten about?)
But I agree that the biggest issues facing the UK are the cost of living crisis and the NHS. But I think calling issues ‘culture wars’ sounds like people are trying to reduce their importance? Because if things aren’t economical problems doesn’t make them less important?
If by 'migrants' you mean asylum seekers they are but a tiny fraction of net migration to the UK which for 13 years has been entirely within the control of the government that is now telling you that it is a problem and the system is broken. I would also suggest that the major impacts on our economy is not migration; obviously Covid had a huge impact but Brexit and the disaster of the Truss experiment have had much bigger impacts. In 2010 the national debt was £1 trillion and the party of economic responsibility has managed to increase that to over £2.5 trillion.

Otherwise I would argue that these 'culture war' issues are mostly not important in the wider context of the majority of people in this country except perhaps to people that have allowed themselves to be enraged by issues being stoked up in the media or completely invented by the government.

My issue is have is that there seems to be a lot of promises from politicians but nothing really seems to be done to a meaningful extent. It’s akin to putting a plaster on the problem.
Well exactly. The government has achieved almost nothing of value in 13 years and have made some really important things worse. They can't can't make meaningful promises now because they have wrecked the economy that underpins getting anything significant done. That are now purely things that aren't problems, things that are already happening or things that were never going to happen.

Edit: here's a great example. As part of the 'other works' that £36 billion 'saved' from HS2 was going to fund, the government announced that Manchester's Metrolink tramline will be extended to reach Manchester Airport. That was done 9 years ago! There is no end to how stupid they think the public are.

Last edited:

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I don’t think Rishi has any appetite to do anything - he’s a millionaire married to a billionaire, whatever happens in the country, whatever doesn’t get sorted (for want of a better word, like immigration, homelessness, cost of living), it will never affect him because he’s cushioned by so much money.

Moley1

Chatty Member
Didn't these 'peaceful' protesters beat up an old man selling poppies in Scotland? Why do these these flag waving loons assault aged charity collectors? It's not just one they've done it to either. They targeted them. Hope to hear they've been banged up or they've been made to do community service in some care home gardens.
No. That did not happen. See my earlier post about what actually did happen. How do you feel about the loons who attacked the police at the Cenotaph (that actually did happen)?
Sadly marches do attract some unpleasant elements but the peace marches are made of a overwhelmingly peaceful people.
That cannot be said if Tommy Robinson’s football hooligans who caused so much trouble at the Cenotaph and later on around London.
The flag waving loons as you call them want an end to the killing. I know which bunch on Saturday I would rather be with.

Reactions: 14

Moley1

Chatty Member
I remember when it was being reported on TV about Covid striking Italy and how worrying and scary it all was, a cold chill ran over my body when I heard it said last week in the enquiry that these tory cabinet politicians were laughing at the situation the Italians were facing, just makes me feel ashamed to be British
It is relentless isn’t it? I have never know a political party that has acted so poorly and without any hint of a moral compass.
What makes me ashamed to be British is that millions of people will still vote for them at the next election. What on earth has happened to us post Brexit?

Moley1

Chatty Member
If there was ever any doubt about how odious Sue-Ellen Braverman is, her letter leaves it in no doubt. Anyone want this person as next leader of the Tory Party and possible PM?
The good news is that the Tory party implosion is now well under way and hopefully the pressure for a GE sooner rather than later will increase.

HelloStereo

VIP Member
They are weak and too woke, she knew she was on her way out and said what everyone thinks. I hope that now she is sacked, she will continue to speak more truths.
How are they weak and too woke? Policing by consent is quite a widely used concept not just in the UK but Ireland, Canada and New Zealand.

If she wanted them to be tougher on crime perhaps she should have funded them better.

It was her job to manage police and instead she decided to criticise them publicly. The right wing reaction and disturbances around the cenotaph on Saturday are entirely on her.

Moth

VIP Member
I’ve seen the term culture wars being used a lot but I’m not sure what it means really. Is it when politicians focus one thing to hide a bigger issue?
To me 'culture wars' means using societal issues (rather than economic ones) which divide opinion as a basis to appeal to a section of the electorate. The obvious example of this is the question of gender but also issues such diversity / multiculturalism, human rights, free speech, so-called 'wokeism' and now everything that can be vaguely associated with climate change; the 'war' on motorists, meat tax, 15 minute cities etc.

The suggestion is that the Tories are doing this because they have achieved nothing over the 13 years that they have been in government that they can point to as a reason that people should vote for them. It's quite weird that they have been in power so long but are trying to position themselves as the party to change things in the future. The last thing they want is to be judged on their record in government. The cost of living crisis and the parlous state of the NHS are surely the two biggest issues facing the vast majority of people at the moment but we heard almost nothing about either at the conference.