UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like many others I have felt that Suella Braverman’s many statements about migrants, the homeless and “hate” matches are vile, ignorant and heartless. Over the last few days some political commentators have been suggesting that she is being deliberately provocative so that Sunak will sack her which in turn will help her campaign to be the next leader of the Tory party. As much as I would rather see far less of her, if she was to become their next leader after Sunak gets kicked out at least that would make the Tories even more unelectable.
I'm not sure that this idea she wants to be sacked is a good one. If that is the case it is showing the Rishi is competent by not giving her what she wants. We all know that is not the case ....

Reactions: 1
I'm not sure that this idea she wants to be sacked is a good one. If that is the case it is showing the Rishi is competent by not giving her what she wants. We all know that is not the case ....
The other possibility is that he's giving her enough rope to do or say something career ending.

And I think the next Tory leader will be someone like 30p Lee.

• Sick
Over the last few days some political commentators have been suggesting that she is being deliberately provocative so that Sunak will sack her which in turn will help her campaign to be the next leader of the Tory party.
I heard James O'Brien say this, so as with everything James says I filed it into the bin. I guess only time will tell. :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I dont necessarily go along with this, but it could be as simple as Sunak actually agrees with Braverman, hasn’t got the balls to say so, so let’s her be the mouthpiece for all the most revolting rabble rousing.

Reactions: 5
I dont necessarily go along with this, but it could be as simple as Sunak actually agrees with Braverman, hasn’t got the balls to say so, so let’s her be the mouthpiece for all the most revolting rabble rousing.
That wouldn't surprise me either.

Maybe, but I just don’t think that he is that much right of centre. Perhaps he is just trying to placate the right? If he is not sacking her to not give her what she wants (if that is the case) he is just making himself look weak. The longer she stays the longer she damages the party with those people who have a shred of decency. If it is true that she published the Times article without clearing it with Downing Street first, he really has no choice but to sack her now, surely?

Reactions: 4
Maybe, but I just don’t think that he is that much right of centre. Perhaps he is just trying to placate the right? If he is not sacking her to not give her what she wants (if that is the case) he is just making himself look weak. The longer she stays the longer she damages the party with those people who have a shred of decency. If it is true that she published the Times article without clearing it with Downing Street first, he really has no choice but to sack her now, surely?
God knows what’s going on.
He has brought this on himself. He’s only the PM by default, and if he wanted to assert himself he should never reinstated her after she was sacked by Truss, immediately proving his government of integrity, professionalism and accountability was the utter horseshit most people knew it would be.
You’d think he has no choice but to sack her after the Times article, but any sane person would have sacked her 10 times over already. He says she has his full confidence. So either that’s true, or is similar to when football chairmen claim they have full confidence in their managers a couple of days before they axe them and draft in Sam Allardyce until the end of the season.

Reactions: 6
God knows what’s going on.
He has brought this on himself. He’s only the PM by default, and if he wanted to assert himself he should never reinstated her after she was sacked by Truss, immediately proving his government of integrity, professionalism and accountability was the utter horseshit most people knew it would be.
You’d think he has no choice but to sack her after the Times article, but any sane person would have sacked her 10 times over already. He says she has his full confidence. So either that’s true, or is similar to when football chairmen claim they have full confidence in their managers a couple of days before they axe them and draft in Sam Allardyce until the end of the season.
At this stage I think Sam Allardyce would make a better HS than Braverman.

How on earth did we get to this?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If Kier starmer did this it would be front page of the mail telegraph etc.

Remember poor old Ed with his bacon sandwich.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
If Kier starmer did this it would be front page of the mail telegraph etc.

Remember poor old Ed with his bacon sandwich.
lol even guide dogs won't quietly sit there with someone's heel on their tail. It's fairly obvious it's just the camera angle or her heel was only on strands of fur and not the proper tail.

THIS however should be getting an awful lot more condemnation than it is

Someone in property sales has done VERY nicely there. Wouldn't surprise me if their name was Pat Handclock or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
lol even guide dogs won't quietly sit there with someone's heel on their tail. It's fairly obvious it's just the camera angle or her heel was only on strands of fur and not the proper tail.

THIS however should be getting an awful lot more condemnation than it is

Someone in property sales has done VERY nicely there. Wouldn't surprise me if their name was Pat Handclock or something.
Oh fair point but that never stopped our good old free press before!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.