UK Politics #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem isn't necessarily that they are processing too quickly

The problem is that they have let the backlog build up so much that they are now putting even more strain on services that are there to support people with newly received status

The other problem, which had already been highlighted decades ago, is that the move out time isn't enough for anyone to make a solid plan - and some people are getting just 7 days of notice that they're being evicted
That doesn’t account for the 100,000 British waiting on accommodation…nor the shortfall in UC to secure private accommodation..maybe those things need addressed first 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
There’s complaints that they’re processing too quickly for the 20yrs it’ll take for social housing to kick in…Wonder what it is 🤔
I wonder what party and certain "Iron Lady" introduced the policy where you could buy your council house and reduced stock by 2.5 million. 🤔

Reactions: 5
That doesn’t account for the 100,000 British waiting on accommodation…nor the shortfall in UC to secure private accommodation..maybe those things need addressed first 🤷🏼‍♀️
I'm sure that they could have (and still can!) addressed those issues if they really really wanted to

Reactions: 4
I wonder what party and certain "Iron Lady" introduced the policy where you could buy your council house and reduced stock by 2.5 million. 🤔
Things haven’t improved since then! We’re still in deficit ! How many social houses did Labour build ?

I'm sure that they could have (and still can!) addressed those issues if they really really wanted to
They didn’t! Hindsight is great but doesn’t add anything or value , that people can actually use 😂

Things haven’t improved since then! We’re still in deficit ! How many social houses did Labour build ?
It is much easier to keep the stock you have already and not sell it off than build more. It should never have been sold in the first place and due to that tory policy we're now playing catch up.

It is much easier to keep the stock you have already and not sell it off than build more. It should never have been sold in the first place and due to that tory policy we're now playing catch up.
How long do people get to stay in those houses? are they passed through generations ? Or is there a time limit on tenancy?

How long do people get to stay in those houses? are they passed through generations ? Or is there a time limit on tenancy?
I'm sure the answers to your questions are freely available on Google.

I'm sure the answers to your questions are freely available on Google.
Don’t think so? Every region of the UK have different policies on housing…For my region housing passes through generations, so owning it doesn’t make a great deal of difference.

That owning your own home doesn’t take away from renters!
But it does. These homes were council houses where rent was lower than private rents. You have reduced the stock of council housing and now have a situation where four out of ten council houses are now owned by private landlords renting them out at private rent rates.

But it does. These homes were council houses where rent was lower than private rents. You have reduced the stock of council housing and now have a situation where four out of ten council houses are now owned by private landlords renting them out at private rent rates.
Council homes are usually bought by council tenants? At least that’s how our system works, if they choose to sell to private landlords and upgrade to better properties that’s on them, not the council …Otherwise it’s just passed down through the generations of family members and never offered to anyone until that last family member dies.

Reactions: 2
Council homes are usually bought by council tenants? At least that’s how our system works, if they choose to sell to private landlords and upgrade to better properties that’s on them, not the council .
Council tenants did buy them in the past but now four out of ten council houses have changed hands into private landlords.

Of course it is on them but that wasn't what we were talking about. If they hadn't been sold in the first place or were replaced like for like there would be more affordable housing now.

Reactions: 6
Council tenants did buy them in the past but now four out of ten council houses have changed hands into private landlords.

Of course it is on them but that wasn't what we were talking about. If they hadn't been sold in the first place or were replaced like for like there would be more affordable housing now.
It’s used as a stepping stone for many low income households to get on the property ladder, they’ll always be millionaires standing by waiting to suck up cheap rentals regardless,..You even have the likes of Infosys buying up property to put their employees into, it’s ridiculous to assume we can stop investors 😂

It’s used as a stepping stone for many low income households to get on the property ladder, they’ll always be millionaires standing by waiting to suck up cheap rentals regardless,..You even have the likes of Infosys buying up property to put their employees into, it’s ridiculous to assume we can stop investors 😂
Well now low income households have been pushed into renting more expensive private properties so the dream of owning their own home has gone out the window.

The point was we could have prevented investors from buying council houses in the first place if they weren't for sale? Or if the policy was better thought out so that council housing was replaced when it was bought?

I guess if the housing sector was more competitive with more social housing options that wouldn't help investors much though...

Well now low income households have been pushed into renting more expensive private properties so the dream of owning their own home has gone out the window.

The point was we could have prevented investors from buying council houses in the first place if they weren't for sale? Or if the policy was better thought out so that council housing was replaced when it was bought?

I guess if the housing sector was more competitive with more social housing options that wouldn't help investors much though...it’s
In my area it’s only council tenants have the option to buy …I know people have made huge profits on their council home and allowed them to move up the property ladder as opposed to renting their entire lives..Why should investment only belong to the rich 🤷🏼‍♀️

In my area it’s only council tenants have the option to buy …I know people have made huge profits on their council home and allowed them to move up the property ladder as opposed to renting their entire lives..Why should investment only belong to the rich 🤷🏼‍♀️
It is only council tenants who have the right to buy but then they sell to private landlords.

I find it morally reprehensible to make money off something that was designed for social good. Almost the attitude of "I'm alright Jack so I don't care about anyone else and other people who are in the situation I was in." Maybe some people think it's okay to take advantage and make money out of the system and those less fortunate.

Reactions: 6
It is only council tenants who have the right to buy but then they sell to private landlords.

I find it morally reprehensible to make money off something that was designed for social good. Almost the attitude of "I'm alright Jack so I don't care about anyone else and other people who are in the situation I was in." Maybe some people think it's okay to take advantage and make money out of the system and those less fortunate.
Surely people only look to what’s best for their own family and not those following behind 😂…I’ve never known someone give up their bed for someone else, that’s the stuff of fairytales .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.