UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
standing guarantor for an 800k loan and handed a job weeks later is a pretty big coincidence :rolleyes: why are we even surprised anymore

Reactions: 7
Nobody’s surprised I’m sure it’ll be another whitewash 🙄 he’s already at Davos drumming up more business for himself

Reactions: 3
bleeping Davos. Anyone see the video of a YouTuber tracking down people at Davos to interview and ask them some uncomfortable questions. Not one single person wanted to be interviewed. How anyone can think that lot have the worlds/our best interest at heart is beyond me.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
bleeping Davos. Anyone see the video of a YouTuber tracking down people at Davos to interview and ask them some uncomfortable questions. Not one single person wanted to be interviewed. How anyone can think that lot have the worlds/our best interest at heart is beyond me.
Money men only have their own best interests at heart, don’t kid yourself.

Reactions: 4
Considering our taxes already pay for the NHS, how is this anything else but an obvious move towards privatisation? Will people who can't afford to pay upfront (while NI is still deducted from their payslips) just lose access?

And in case Javid didn't realise, throwing money won't magically increase the NHS's capability, which is the root cause of long waits. Unless his solution to ease waiting times is to reduce demand by cutting off the poor?
I don't think it would be "privatisation", at least not explicitly. I've thought for years that it will end up like dentistry or eye care, so there are a set of fixed NHS fees that certain people can get free¹ and then if you want to pay more for "better" service you can. Of course the scale of those fixed fees is the issue (and you can bet they would rise with inflation, regardless that benefits and wages for the most part don't).

¹Realistically it would be pensioners and under 18s, and probably those with chronic illnesses too.

Reactions: 2
I don't think it would be "privatisation", at least not explicitly. I've thought for years that it will end up like dentistry or eye care, so there are a set of fixed NHS fees that certain people can get free¹ and then if you want to pay more for "better" service you can. Of course the scale of those fixed fees is the issue (and you can bet they would rise with inflation, regardless that benefits and wages for the most part don't).

¹Realistically it would be pensioners and under 18s, and probably those with chronic illnesses too.
Problem is that the fixed fees for NHS dentistry don't apply to private practices, hence the extreme difficulty of finding dentists that take on NHS patients. In my town there are none. If they introduce fees for seeing a GP I bet a tenner that you'd still have a fight to see one because the fundamental problem is that there just aren't enough of them and the ones retiring aren't being replaced at a rate to cope with our ever increasing population. In my county of Northamptonshire, a population of some 750,000+, we had the grand sum of 2 extra GPs last year whilst the county grows by around 10,000 a year.

Reactions: 5
bleeping Davos.
Yeah, quite literally if you read some of the articles regarding prostitution. Very rich, physically repulsive middle-aged men using young trafficked girls for their 'pleasure' ... ugh, it's sickening.

Speaking of sickening, I just saw Zahawi's 5m tax 'oversight' described as 'careless' ...yeah, right. I suppose it's a good job he's not chancellor anymore if he's 'careless' about tax. Bloke is a bleeping spiv... if you or I had so much as 500quid owing to HMRC we'd have the full force of the law come down on us.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
When the going gets tough run away to Ukraine, he looks in a worse state now than he did when in office…Wreck it Ralph IRL

• Sick
They're just openly laughing at us aren't they. Can't believe they get voted in again and again.

Reactions: 16
They're just openly laughing at us aren't they. Can't believe they get voted in again and again.
Blame the "I'm alright, Jack" electorate. They don't give a tit about anything unless it directly affects them, mainly their pockets.

Reactions: 9
I had that thought yesterday ... corruption has always gone on and it will always go on, but now it's in your face and blatant. It's gross. For me it's not even about the money so much, it's the GREED. Greed is such a horrible trait in a person. I mean, how much bleeping money does a person need?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Also doesn't help that their voters likely read headlines like this, which are very conveniently timed.

Talk about pointing the finger.

IMG_20230123_072645.jpg

Reactions: 8
They classed healthcare and education as "benefits".
C**ts.
Education. That part of life we can all famously opt out of. Or maybe it'd be more noble to pay fees sending kids to public schools which don't pay tax because they're classed as charities.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.