UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bloke is a bleeping menace to society.
That’s putting it politely.
The fucker makes Berlusconi look like a bloody amateur.

I have to say Sunak’s decency, integrity and accountability in government is going marvellously so far. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That’s putting it politely.
The fucker makes Berlusconi look like a bloody amateur.

I have to say Sunak’s decency, integrity and accountability in government is going marvellously so far. 🙄
I've heard that the people in his (Sunak) constituency worship the ground he walks on. 😁

The best Berlusconi thing was that at one of his infamous parties the Czech ambassador was photographed "naked and obviously aroused" and had to resign as a result.
I always knew those Ferroro Roches were a gateway to sin.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Watched Piers Moron interview Rosie Duffield last night ... excellent interview I must say. It's probably on Youtube ... Piers made a good point asking where Jess Phillips was in all of this abuse Rosie is receiving considering she is all about defending women against violence. The Labour Party are in a real mess over trans-rights vis-a-vis female rights.

Reactions: 6
Watched Piers Moron interview Rosie Duffield last night ... excellent interview I must say. It's probably on Youtube ... Piers made a good point asking where Jess Phillips was in all of this abuse Rosie is receiving considering she is all about defending women against violence. The Labour Party are in a real mess over trans-rights vis-a-vis female rights.
Sounds good and I'll check it out later.

I really don't get Labour's bs. I already thought Keir Starmer was pretty milquetoast, but when he couldn't say if a woman had a penis or not, I thought wow, he's got the strength and integrity of a wet paper towel.

A party that refuses to take strong stances on anything, because they've basically got the next election sewn up, has chose to take such a ridiculous divisive stance that shows they couldn't care less about women, or at least haven't thought things through properly.

• Heart
Sounds good and I'll check it out later.

I really don't get Labour's bs. I already thought Keir Starmer was pretty milquetoast, but when he couldn't say if a woman had a penis or not, I thought wow, he's got the strength and integrity of a wet paper towel.

A party that refuses to take strong stances on anything, because they've basically got the next election sewn up, has chose to take such a ridiculous divisive stance that shows they couldn't care less about women, or at least haven't thought things through properly.
Surely taking a strong stance on the trans rights issue would in itself be divisive.

Reactions: 2
Surely taking a strong stance on the trans rights issue would in itself be divisive.
They pretty much have, as far as I'm concerned, when they've refused to speak up about women's spaces, or the basic facts of women's biology. I'm not asking for anything absurd or hateful, that's not me and has never been me, but for God's sake, if the question 'do women have penises' is difficult to answer, you've taken a very clear stance - women's concerns and presence in our party are secondary to appeasing trans rights activists.

Not to be cliche but silence in many political issues is a choice. A choice that lets half of their voters know what little regard their issues are given.

Reactions: 5
They pretty much have, as far as I'm concerned, when they've refused to speak up about women's spaces, or the basic facts of women's biology. I'm not asking for anything absurd or hateful, that's not me and has never been me, but for God's sake, if the question 'do women have penises' is difficult to answer, you've taken a very clear stance - women's concerns and presence in our party are secondary to appeasing trans rights activists.

Not to be cliche but silence in many political issues is a choice. A choice that lets half of their voters know what little regard their issues are given.
It seems to me that while on the face of it a simple question, "do women have penises" and requiring a 'yes' or 'no' answer is actually an obvious and clumsy attempt at a 'gotcha journalism' (and as it was asked by Nick Ferrari it should be no surprise). One wonders what the next question would have been if Starmer had answered 'yes' or 'no'.

Is there a way of respecting both the rights of women and trans people? I don't know the answer. It's one of the very few issues that I find it impossible to take a definitive position upon. I very much believe in live and let live but also that people's rights should not be gained at the detriment of others.

Reactions: 7
It seems to me that while on the face of it a simple question, "do women have penises" and requiring a 'yes' or 'no' answer is actually an obvious and clumsy attempt at a 'gotcha journalism' (and as it was asked by Nick Ferrari it should be no surprise). One wonders what the next question would have been if Starmer had answered 'yes' or 'no'.

Is there a way of respecting both the rights of women and trans people? I don't know the answer. It's one of the very few issues that I find it impossible to take a definitive position upon. I very much believe in live and let live but also that people's rights should not be gained at the detriment of others.
I think in the case of Isla Bryson/Adam Graham it should be they committed the crime as a man so you stand trial as a man and go to jail as a man.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
At the end of the day it's up to the courts and the prison service. And probably the Supreme Court in the end. I don't think a blanket policy for things like that makes any sense, tbh.

Reactions: 2
At the end of the day it's up to the courts and the prison service. And probably the Supreme Court in the end. I don't think a blanket policy for things like that makes any sense, tbh.
I do agree that a blanket policy may not be the best thing in all cases.
However, I would have thought that a blanket policy banning male sex offenders like Adam Graham from going within 50 miles of a women’s prison wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

Reactions: 6
Be funny if it's Sunak. Be satisfying if it's Schapps. Be glorious if it's Rees-Smug. 😂 Speaking of which, did I read it right he's got a new show on GB News coming? Geezus, do these MPs want to be MPs or celebrities? duck sake ... ENOUGH. There is a saying in US politics: Washington is just Hollywood for ugly people ... I think it's getting that way here now.

Reactions: 7
I'd not be surprised if it Hancock. Maybe that's why he's keeping most of his fee for I'm a Celeb. Can't afford to be generous when there's HMRC bills to be paid...

Be funny if it's Sunak. Be satisfying if it's Schapps. Be glorious if it's Rees-Smug. 😂 Speaking of which, did I read it right he's got a new show on GB News coming? Geezus, do these MPs want to be MPs or celebrities? duck sake ... ENOUGH. There is a saying in US politics: Washington is just Hollywood for ugly people ... I think it's getting that way here now.
Ooh that rings a bell🤔 Something about Rishi not being in power for long when he gets found out for money laundering. I didn't pay much attention as I thought they were being racist...😕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.