UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i'm more concerned about westminster not respecting holyrood - why does their opinion on what happens in more or less a different country matter more? as much as i love scotland i've been pro independence for them since the first indyref vote tbh, would be bitter it wasn't happening for me but that doesn't mean they should suffer under a tory gov when they've consistently elected a nationalist party
Scotland's Health and Education systems (both responsibilities of the Devolved Scottish Government) have suffered under the SNP too. So unfortunately neither Holyrood nor Westminster have done much good for Scotland in recent years.

I think there's an amount of complacency on the part of the SNP at times. They believe that they are the only party who will ever be in power, so they phone it in a bit. At some point that will bite them in the arse.

Reactions: 1
So the rail minister admits it would have been cheaper to give rail workers the pay rise they asked for rather than lose money through the days of work lost. His reasoning? He didn't want it to set a precedent for other sectors to ask for pay rises.

God forbid people get used to earning a decent wage.

BBC News - Train strikes: Cheaper to settle, minister admits

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Looking at this video of him I suspect the reason Sunak didn't have his seatbelt on was because nobody put it on him ....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The pork-barrel politics for the so-called 'levelling-up' scheme is just absurd. They campaigned so hard on the levelling-up basis, and this is the best they could muster?....

To say I despise the twats in government would be the understatement of the year.

Reactions: 9
There’s already been talk of that where I’m from
https://news.sky.com/story/patients...isits-to-ease-waits-sajid-javid-says-12791533Patients should be charged for GP appointments and A&E visits to ease waits, Sajid Javid says
Considering our taxes already pay for the NHS, how is this anything else but an obvious move towards privatisation? Will people who can't afford to pay upfront (while NI is still deducted from their payslips) just lose access?

And in case Javid didn't realise, throwing money won't magically increase the NHS's capability, which is the root cause of long waits. Unless his solution to ease waiting times is to reduce demand by cutting off the poor?

Reactions: 9
Considering our taxes already pay for the NHS, how is this anything else but an obvious move towards privatisation? Will people who can't afford to pay upfront (while NI is still deducted from their payslips) just lose access?

And in case Javid didn't realise, throwing money won't magically increase the NHS's capability, which is the root cause of long waits. Unless his solution to ease waiting times is to reduce demand by cutting off the poor?
It may work like the ROI model where they get exemption based on their earnings, although I don’t know what the cut off is?

It may work like the ROI model where they get exemption based on their earnings, although I don’t know what the cut off is?
Me either. Considering what the government believes we should be satisfied with, it'll probably be just about enough for someone to pay for once in a while but not enough for their needs to properly be addressed.

And I understand some people might be a 'burden' by unnecessarily requesting appointments but it penalises the majority including people who need multiple visits because they can't be diagnosed without several checks.

Reactions: 2
Me either. Considering what the government believes we should be satisfied with, it'll probably be just about enough for someone to pay for once in a while but not enough for their needs to properly be addressed.

And I understand some people might be a 'burden' by unnecessarily requesting appointments but it penalises the majority including people who need multiple visits because they can't be diagnosed without several checks.
Yes , if you needed consultant care it could be costly, this is the HSE ( ROI) charges.

Does it also account for the fact that some doctors and nurses dismiss valid concerns? Or the fact that underrepresented people are often mis/underdiagnosed?

Is there a way for patients to pay for scans etc via a 6 month payment? Would that help in any way to easing hospital appointments? It could be one way to recoup money, along with GP appointments charged if a patient misses at least 2 appointments.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.