UK Politics #4

Who do you want as the next prime minister?

• Rishi Sunak

Votes: 53 47.7%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Penny Mordaunt

Votes: 43 38.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rachel Johnson having a weird evening ... she's on the 7pm -10pm sit on LBC. Wonder what she's been discussing? 🤣

Reactions: 6
Recap - Everything’s a mess, Nadine Dorries is in severe distress, because Bojo has pulled out - This is the first time he’s done this, making Carrie feel amiss.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It was so obvious early on Saturday that the support just wasn't there. Politicians of all parties are pretty self serving, but BJ was on another level to drag it out this long. I don't think he even liked the job, he liked the chase though.

At least it should all be over tomorrow.

Reactions: 13
the fact that they were claiming he was on 100+ but only like two thirds were publicly backing him speaks for itself imo. not being confident enough to support him openly shows they know they shouldn't be supporting him at all.

Reactions: 11
Can’t stand the smarmy and awful Sunak either he isn’t going to do much better than the previous 2

Reactions: 9
Oh a general election you say Nadine? How dreadful that would be 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh a general election you say Nadine? How dreadful that would be 😆

“despite requests from Boris” why the duck should they listen to anything he asks of them?

Carrie needs a restraining order out against this one

• Haha
Reactions: 12
“despite requests from Boris” why the duck should they listen to anything he asks of them?

Carrie needs a restraining order out against this one
Nadine is seriously horny for Boris, its almost funny.

Probably for the best that shes a bit old for him, tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Right Fishy Rishi. You're going to need to get this right now (as I'm sure he'll be voted in). IMO he really must allow the triple lock to go ahead (he stopped it when he was chancellor). Keep the no stamp duty on houses under £250k. Sort out illegal immigration - fast. Clear the homeless situation and rising bills situation too. He also needs to pay back the enormous "loan" and not borrow further.

Well, that's a bit of what I'm hoping for anyhoo.

Reactions: 2
Right Fishy Rishi. You're going to need to get this right now (as I'm sure he'll be voted in). IMO he really must allow the triple lock to go ahead (he stopped it when he was chancellor). Keep the no stamp duty on houses under £250k. Sort out illegal immigration - fast. Clear the homeless situation and rising bills situation too. He also needs to pay back the enormous "loan" and not borrow further.

If he actually manages all that then he'd probably win an election, albeit with a reduced majority. We'll see how that goes.

Reactions: 2
Can someone please tell Nadine Dorries that Boris just isn’t that into her? If he was going to shag you love I’m sure he’d have already done it by now 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can someone please tell Nadine Dorries that Boris just isn’t that into her? If he was going to shag you love I’m sure he’d have already done it by now 🙄
I reckon he hates her but she's a useful sycophant/mouthpiece so is probably nice to her face

• Haha
Reactions: 6

I’m not sure the no stamp duty is a good idea at the moment. House prices already over inflated and this just encourages people to keep buying. I think most would prefer the 2 year energy support they promised, which is now apparently ending next April.

Reactions: 8
What a shocker and I mean that. I believed with all of my being that he was going to do it. Hopefully we can get back to sorting the real issues rather than this circus.

Reactions: 1
The energy support, like the furlough is going to fuel inflation. You can't just keep printing money.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.