Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
Just heard on the BBC from an MP “my head is with rishi, my heart is with penny and my soul is with Boris”

Jesus Christ, get a grip

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I actually thought Starmer did pretty well.
He challenged Sunak on Braverman- which I think could turn out to be a disaster for Sunak, brought up the embarrassing waffle in Tunbridge Wells and came out with this corker
"The only time he ran in a competitive election, he got trounced by the former Prime Minister, who herself got beaten by a lettuce... so why doesn't he call a general election"
All Sunak had in response was “ But Corbyn” and some nonsense about North London. From a man richer than the king..🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
omg that clip of fabric*nt they've just played on sky :oops: why the fuck would you speak to a journalist like that on telly??? entitled scarecrow looking prick
That fucking wig looks like something you’d get in a charity shop. He looks like the love child of Rod Hull and a Tiny Tears Doll.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Ha! If you're upset about the migrants refugees you might not want to look into why some of these countries are in turmoil in the first place...
I'd say Britain owes some of these people a safe space.

• Heart

Moley1

Chatty Member
I’m not sure that someone being rich makes them less susceptible to corruption. Often the more people have, the more they want. They also like to reward their mates that help keep them in power. I would much prefer someone with a humble background who has empathy and understands the normal working people. I don’t think you will find many Tories cut from that cloth nowadays.

Moth

VIP Member
The Labour Party are no better.

I'm not defending the Conservatives, just highlighting the two big parties are as just bad as each other, plus take their voters for granted.
Not sure what this has to do with Labour or any other party. When a government led by another party has enabled it's mates to siphon off millions of pounds of public money while preaching about fiscal responsibility and 'difficult choices' I'll criticise them too.

Reactions: 21

Moley1

Chatty Member
T
We're in a right pickle with immigration now, and we need someone reliable to sort it out.

Nearly 1,000 arrived yesterday alone, but we don't have anywhere for them when they get here. The barracks are overfull and we, the UK, are being accused of inhumane treatment, hostility and cruelty.

We put them up in hotels that are now full. We pay for their food and clothes, yet we are criticised. We are taking too long processing their applications, and they say they want to work here, especially in jobs that UK can't fill.

Human trafficking needs sorting to allow us more time to process those who have already arrived here. It's costing the government £7million a day, yet we're told we're not doing enough.

Someone on Sky says refugees should be accommodated in the community rather than in hotels. He says accommodation is available. Where is it, and why can't people, refugees or not, be housed there. I thought there was a housing shortage.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel that it's totally out of control and getting worse. How are all these people finding their way here, and why do they want to come here, then criticise what we are trying to do to help? What's wrong with other European countries?
There is nothing wrong with other European countries and many of them take a lot more migrants than we do. People wants to come here because of various reasons. For many English is their second language or they have family or friends already here. You have to be pretty desperate to risk your life in a dingy to get here. Take a look at the numbers. There are more migrants settling in other countries than settle here. I agree it needs sorting out and we could start by letting people to want to settle here apply at our embassies around the world. At the moment the only way you can seek asylum here is in the UK. We also need to do something about the slow level of processing the claims of those already here. We don’t allow them to work while they are awaiting processing. Why not? Many want to and we need them to do so. There are doctors, nurses, engineers all sitting around twiddling their thumbs. There are people who could be fruit picking, waiting tables, driving trucks. Finally we need to start thinking about them as vulnerable human beings who need help rather than a problem that needs to be solved.
Sorry for the rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm not surprised Penny has a lot of support. Rishi comes with baggage - record inflation and the biggest drop in living standards was during his time as chancellor. Someone new will probably always have an appeal over someone we've already seen a fair bit of.

People saying he's perfect because he has a finance background. But it's very different being a hedgefund manager making money and running a country.

He's been in a senior role for a reasonable time and did little to prevent in inevitable fall out that we're now seeing, now comes the real test.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Recap - Everything’s a mess, Nadine Dorries is in severe distress, because Bojo has pulled out - This is the first time he’s done this, making Carrie feel amiss.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

The Downfall of Us All

I’m currently watching Prime Minister questions

Rishi Sunak: “We shouldn’t be talking about things from 4 years ago”
Two seconds later, also Rishi: “But the opposition supported the member of Islington North (Jeremy Corbyn)”

It seems like Rishi Sunak has taken a leaf out of Boris’ playbook of responses/attacks when he has no answer. Do they not hear themselves?! “BuT CoRbYn” doesn’t fly anymore.

• Haha

Moth

VIP Member
Yes, you are correct. People forget that soon after Rishi became Chancellor we had lockdown, and he was good at giving out money. As soon as we were coming out of it, his investor hat came out and he seemed to forget about the people, by trying to sort out financial stability in business. Both needs considering and neither should be ignored.

To be fair, I'm still worried about the future. If Penny manages to become PM she is too inexperienced. A PM needs to know a lot about a lot and understand what will happen with their decisions (which Truss clearly didn't think through).

If Rishi does get in, I'm hearing on the TV that he won't get the full support of the Tories. That could bring on a GE, but nobody has a scoobie what Labour intends to do, as whenever they're asked they never reply - just say they don't agree with whatever the Tories do. 🙄
Even though there's no immediate prospect of a general election (which is when manifestos are written), there's plenty of information out there about Labour policies if only you care to look rather than simply repeating that tired old mantra to justify your support for the Tories. For example:

It's a bit difficult for Labour to have an economic policy to deal with what the Tories leave behind because frankly we don't know what the Tories economic policies will be tomorrow let alone by the time the next election comes.

To be honest it's a bit rich moaning about 'knowing what Labour would do' when you seem quite happy for the Tories to make and then break manifesto commitments with impunity, announce policies and then tear them up within days. Presumably if Labour announced a cut in stamp duty or a massive increase in state pension you'd be happy.

iieee

VIP Member
Well the "maths thing" may be an intended distraction in the news, but hasn't made me forget that the tories are absolute cunts and root cause of 99% of the crap that's currently going on. In case that wasn't obvious. My moan above was more of a why are they wasting time on policies that nobody wants instead of ending the strikes and fixing the economy? I bet half the government can't do basic maths.

Reactions: 18

qwikti

Chatty Member
If ever you want to lose what little faith you've got in humanity (if you've managed by some miracle to hold onto any), just take a look at any comment section of the big news YT channels covering the horrible man who fire attacked the migrant centre. Disgusting. Fully makes my stomach turn to read those imbeciles.

And now Suella Braverman has challenged critics to try to "get rid of me". We are trying, you horrible woman. We've wanted your horrible government and party out of power for ages, but not a word we say matters.

Just sick of it. Humanity, out the window. Decency, out the window.

• Heart

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I probably shouldn’t be, but I’m gobsmacked that psychopath Braverman has her job back.
So much for Sunak’s fluffy, caring new government. 🙄
The only glimmer of hope is that Braverman is so incompetent and so thick she could well end up deporting herself.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
My 4 year old is in charge of the television so we are watching Vampirina while baby sleeps on me and I try and keep up to date on the sky news app…but it’s going over my head today. Much easier to watch it live! Don’t think brain had recovered from only getting about 3 hours broken sleep last night . Looking forward to you lovely lot filling in the gaps for me over the next few days.
I don’t want to blow my own trumpet but I’m going to have a stab at filling you in now.
If you’re not a millionaire, a billionaire or a gazillionaire, you’re fucked.

• Haha
  • Heart

Moley1

Chatty Member
I live in Kent, not too far from Dover. On Friday I was speaking to the lady on the check out at a supermarket. She said her husband works at Manston and Dover. She said the situation at Manston is appalling. There is food but they are microwave meals and there are no microwaves. It is overcrowded and the staff are worried about possible rioting. The system was working quite well until Leaky Sue took over. Along with the threat of being deported to Rwanda, it seems that she is deliberately trying to make things so bad here that people won’t want to come. She is a disputable human being. It is a problem but it needs to be dealt with in a humane way. We need to understand that this is not the only destination for migrants and other countries are doing much more than we are. As a supposedly civilised country, we have a duty to help these people. It is time the Tory Party stopped pandering to the far right and took a practical, responsible and compassionate approach to dealing with the migrant issue. That is not going to happen by employing people like Priti Patel and Leaky Sue as Home Secretary. Shortly after an horrid fire bomb attack aimed at a migrant facility Leaky Sue used the word “invasion” to describe what is happening. It sums up her and the Tory’s attitude towards these unfortunate people. Yes, the country is struggling with all manner of issues, but we aren’t yet at the stage ourselves where we feel the only was forward is to leave our homes and risk our lives crossing one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes in a small rubber dingy.

• Heart
Reactions: 17