TTC #10 “1DPO pregnancy symptoms”

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I being sensitive about this but a friend who knows I'm ttc just loves to throw in any opportunity that she had 2 kids with such ease unplanned without even trying. I told her I got my period and she said its not nice when you're trying not that I've ever had to. A few days ago she said I've never even had to try to have my kids it was so easy. I've had loads of comments now and it's just annoying me I find it so insensitive or am I over reacting?
That doesn’t really sound like a friend :( that would hurt me so much…you deserve better ❤

Some advice please ladies?

my hubs and I have been ttc for about 6 months now, and we are getting really worried. I’ll be honest I thought it would be so much easier. We are both mid 20’s, really active, taking supplements, no health issues, tried preseed etc. I had a private transvaginal scan a few years ago and they said I have perfect ovaries and no issues there. I just don’t get it? I guess the problem could be him…

We’re due to go on holiday in a few weeks and we’re thinking of doing a private fertility check up there, it’s only marginally cheaper than the U.K., but they test a lot of stuff. I’m just confused with all the tests, do you guys think we should go for it? (Attached all the tests they do). We also have private medical cover with BUPA, but unsure they would test us or investigate since it’s been 6 months only. I have insane health anxiety though…i know our GP won’t do anything due to the timing. I just don’t care about the costs anymore and I’m willing to do just about anything

IMG_1790.jpeg

Am I being sensitive about this but a friend who knows I'm ttc just loves to throw in any opportunity that she had 2 kids with such ease unplanned without even trying. I told her I got my period and she said its not nice when you're trying not that I've ever had to. A few days ago she said I've never even had to try to have my kids it was so easy. I've had loads of comments now and it's just annoying me I find it so insensitive or am I over reacting?
Some women see their fertility as a weird flex “I’ve just got to look at a fella and I’m pregnant lol”. It’s such a weird thing to say but I don’t think they all realise it’s insensitive, sometimes it’s just something to say.
If it bothers you I’d say something like “I’m really glad you didn’t have to try because it’s it’s a really heart breaking process and while I’m pleased for you, that hasn’t been my experience so it stings. I’d really appreciate if in future you could understand that it’s hard for me to hear.”
Or “I understand you’re speaking from experience but my experience is very different so it’s not helpful or me to hear. The best way you can support me is just to listen” Something that makes it very clear that you don’t want to hear it. If she continues, she’s not a friend you need to share this process with.

Apart from the semen test and ultrasound, from what I understand this is standard blood screening and std screening listed to look like more.
There’s some research that says O blood type might find it harder to get pregnant but really, it’s not relevant to fertility. They’ve listed HIV, syphillis, Hep-C, Hep-B tests individually, again you want to know if you’ve got any of them and they can affect fertility but they’re not a fertility test as such.
I’d want to know exactly what they are analysing in the semen test and ultrasound because the rest are basic tests the doctor and std clinic will do for free.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
That doesn’t really sound like a friend :( that would hurt me so much…you deserve better ❤

Some advice please ladies?

my hubs and I have been ttc for about 6 months now, and we are getting really worried. I’ll be honest I thought it would be so much easier. We are both mid 20’s, really active, taking supplements, no health issues, tried preseed etc. I had a private transvaginal scan a few years ago and they said I have perfect ovaries and no issues there. I just don’t get it? I guess the problem could be him…

We’re due to go on holiday in a few weeks and we’re thinking of doing a private fertility check up there, it’s only marginally cheaper than the U.K., but they test a lot of stuff. I’m just confused with all the tests, do you guys think we should go for it? (Attached all the tests they do). We also have private medical cover with BUPA, but unsure they would test us or investigate since it’s been 6 months only. I have insane health anxiety though…i know our GP won’t do anything due to the timing. I just don’t care about the costs anymore and I’m willing to do just about anything

View attachment 2983842
I would also check that clinics in the UK would accept the results, because some may want them redone to comply with UK medical standards so if you do need any treatments you could end up paying twice

• Heart
Reactions: 2
CD23(?) after a confusingly light period and I’m cramping and spotting. Feels like AF is coming. What a lovely early birthday present 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@littlepup oh I see I didn’t realise they were blood tests! Thank you so much for the info, I think I’ll ask in more detail what exactly they’re looking for in the SA and ultrasound, thanks for helping x

@Folkevermore thank you for your reply, good point, I guess my husband and I were just desperate and need some reassurance, they also offer a very quick turn around of 1-2 days, but not sure if finding out bad news will ruin our holiday 😂 we’ll try and call our private insurance tomorrow to see if they can test us sooner and for free, then at least all our tests will be in the U.K..but at this point the health anxiety is eating me alive and I just need answers.

my husband is anxious they negatively exaggerate our results to make us pay for extra tests/treatments that we don’t need. I just don’t know anymore 😭

@littlepup oh I see I didn’t realise they were blood tests! Thank you so much for the info, I think I’ll ask in more detail what exactly they’re looking for in the SA and ultrasound, thanks for helping x

@Folkevermore thank you for your reply, good point, I guess my husband and I were just desperate and need some reassurance, they also offer a very quick turn around of 1-2 days, but not sure if finding out bad news will ruin our holiday 😂 we’ll try and call our private insurance tomorrow to see if they can test us sooner and for free, then at least all our tests will be in the U.K..but at this point the health anxiety is eating me alive and I just need answers.

my husband is anxious they negatively exaggerate our results to make us pay for extra tests/treatments that we don’t need. I just don’t know anymore 😭
I know how health anxiety can be crippling and consuming but you say about 6 months so there’s nothing to indicate problems as yet. In your mid 20s it’s about 57% likely to get pregnant in 6 months, 79% in 1 year so you’re still not far off a 50/50 assuming 5-6 cycles.

Superdrug sells sperm tests for <£200. Perhaps you could start there for peace of mind on hubs side.

Studies show anxiety can decrease the chance of conception so while you’re healthy, young, doing all the right things to increase your chances so you’re thinking “but it should have happened by now”, one of the answers could potentially be the anxiety in itself. With that in mind, perhaps it’d be best to have your holiday without the added pressure of fertility testing and then waiting for the results while you’re there.

So I got pregnant after 14 months of trying, in my early thirties, probably about two weeks after I did my first round of fertility tests (my husband was scheduled for a sperm test the week after we got a positive pregnancy test). One thing doctors asked was "have you just stopped using contraception or are you ACTIVELY TRYING" and in all honesty, we'd probably been actively trying and timing with ovulation for only six months or so. So depending on what you've been doing, that might be something to bear in mind too.

I also was lurking a lot / posting occasionally on this thread during the last six months before that positive test and it was so lovely to read people's stories/ see you all commiserating/ celebrating/ offering advice. It's a really nice community here which is not the case on lots of pregnancy forums/ ttc forums I've seen! It's been awhile since I've dropped in so I hope I've tagged this spoiler correctly - I think it's the way I remember seeing people doing it.

• Heart
My period is 4 days late (according to the Premom app) but I had a negative test on the first day it was missed and another negative this morning. I’ve got no idea what’s going on 😞

• Heart
My period is 4 days late (according to the Premom app) but I had a negative test on the first day it was missed and another negative this morning. I’ve got no idea what’s going on 😞
Mine was a few days late this month too, it’s so frustrating when you’re late but getting negative tests.
Is there a chance you ovulated later than you thought?

Reactions: 1
Mine was a few days late this month too, it’s so frustrating when you’re late but getting negative tests.
Is there a chance you ovulated later than you thought?
My OPKs didn’t pick up ovulation at all this month so I guess I could have done. It’s just so frustrating knowing I’m not pregnant but waiting around for a period to start the cycle all over again.

• Heart
Day 5 of no period and negative pregnancy test. I’m not sure what I can do apart from waiting for a period/keep testing in case it changes (which I’m not expecting at all now). Does anyone know if I can request a blood test from my GP if nothing happens, just to see if there’s anything going on? Because of my miscarriage I’m worried there’s something wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Day 5 of no period and negative pregnancy test. I’m not sure what I can do apart from waiting for a period/keep testing in case it changes (which I’m not expecting at all now). Does anyone know if I can request a blood test from my GP if nothing happens, just to see if there’s anything going on? Because of my miscarriage I’m worried there’s something wrong
I’ve only just seen this but you definitely can. I contacted my GP after I had just light spotting instead of my usual heavy period and she’s referred me straight for an ultrasound. I’ve had cramping all through my cycle also which may have helped my case, but definitely give them a call if you’re concerned.

• Heart
Just a warning for anyone with regular cycles, I took maca root in the hope it would help me conceive and it's completely messed my cycle up. Gone from really regular 4 day periods, to now being on day 8 and my period was really early. I feel really disappointed like I've ruined my chances for the month, don't know how long it will take to sort itself back out

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Period just started. Normally my pms symptoms are quite bad anyway, mental and physical. But since the last few months the added sadness of not conceiving makes it so much worse. Life is stressful as it is, and this monthly disappointment is the cherry on top. I’m just crying it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve only just seen this but you definitely can. I contacted my GP after I had just light spotting instead of my usual heavy period and she’s referred me straight for an ultrasound. I’ve had cramping all through my cycle also which may have helped my case, but definitely give them a call if you’re concerned.
Thank you I’m going to call them tomorrow x

• Heart
I had what I think is the start of a line on one last night - it’s either that or a very cruel indent. I think I might test this morning anyway, I know it takes 48 hours for things to double but if it’s completely stark white at least I’ll know if it was an indent or not.

• Heart
I had what I think is the start of a line on one last night - it’s either that or a very cruel indent. I think I might test this morning anyway, I know it takes 48 hours for things to double but if it’s completely stark white at least I’ll know if it was an indent or not.
Do you want us to have a look?
This time round my first line was so so so faint it was honestly barely there and I thought I was going mad! But there was something catching my eye. I’m now 11 weeks. You could use another brand too to check!