Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MeOnScreen

Chatty Member
I went off Crime Junkie after the plagiarism scandal, they were caught stealing whole parts of a script from various different podcasts. I've only just recently been able to listen again.
Sorry know this is an old post but so glad I found this and then read up on it.
Sounds pathetic in comparison but I use to be a member of their fb fanclub, you could write posts however all were approved by admin before posting.
I posted a picture of a humorous bday card I found that was about being obsessed with true crime. They rejected a the post without reason then posted it themselves without citing the card designer like I did 🙃 I knew it was my photo because my thumb was in the corner.
Small in comparison to the plagiarism but still shows a trend of dishonesty.

Anyway, my fav podcast is Swindled 🙂

• Wow
Reactions: 12

JTsFringe

Has anyone listened to Shadow of Doubt? Its an australian podcast about a girl who accused her parents of horrific abuse, but there was zero evidence and the other kids who lived in the house all said it didnt happen. Its a good listen.

Also, Why cant we talk about Amanda's mom? is also good. American podcast about a woman that was killed in the early 90s and it just got written off as a drug addicted sex worker and no one wants to talk about it. Also a good listen.

Another - Sympathy Pains - not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but its about a girl with Munchausen syndrome. I love podcasts about that too - so fascinating. Already listened to scamanda, i believe in magic and currently listening to Nobody should believe me so if anyone has any recommendations for podcasts around that, I'd 1000% give it a listen.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Podcast upcoming for the 'Mushroom Case' if anyone is interested. Trial should be starting soon as the prosecution (Vic Police) are ready to go with all their evidence on Monday 25/3.
1711238270755.png

Black.bird

VIP Member
I find it irritating how some of podcasters spend the first few minutes (quite a few!) rabbiting on about what they've been up to that day, week, month ... there was one I listened to as I was driving and I had to pull over and turn it off, it was so annoying (American men guffawing, talking over the top of each other, having a metaphorical pissing competition). Just get on with discussing the case!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

redball00n

VIP Member
Scott Petersen’s case has been picked up by the LA Innocence Project, not THE Innocence Project. They should be made to change their name, The Innocence Project has a great reputation and this “LA Innocence Project” seem like they are just doing it for media attention. He is guilty as sin IMO.

Reactions: 11

Izzyt88

I’ve found recently that I’m enjoying the podcasts covering scammers and cults far more than the usual true crime serial killer/murder cases that I’ve already heard in various forms before. This is a great place to find suggestions for these 🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 10

SophSpinsSillyStories

Chatty Member
Redhanded annoyed me because the girls kept wittering on with quips and personal anecdotes. I tried to listen to They Walk Upon Us today but they guy’s voice drives me potty - it’s like a bad satnav narration.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
There's a new podcast called Ghost Story, only two episodes out so far but it seems like a good show. It's about a haunted house in London and a possible murder mystery at the same time.
A bit of a trippy story but very interesting if you like that kind of thing.

Foxasaurus

I used to love Redhanded but I feel that they’ve got too far up their own arses now. Plus the constant plugging of merchandise, awards, etc gets wearing.

I do like all killa no filla because of the comedy aspect but it does take them a long time to discuss the case! Both very funny ladies though.

I love casefile and all the podcasts from the Australian - there’s quite a few like Lost in Larrimah and the lighthouse which focus on one case In a deep dive.

SophSpinsSillyStories

Chatty Member
I love you guys - thanks to you on this thread I’ve binged In Your Own Backyard, Down The Hill and now I’m on (and loving) To Live And Die In LA!

Excellent recommendations - I never would have known about them if they weren’t discussed here!

ElChanguito

VIP Member
I'm going to listen to two Wondery podcasts today:
-Harsh Reality: The Story of Miriam Rivera
-The Rise and Fall of Ruby Franke

• Heart
Reactions: 9

BigMavis

VIP Member
Murder in Mauritius was interesting and incredibly sad. About an Irish lady murdered on honeymoon.
The No Edit podcast is good if you're interested in the underworld of NI.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I've just finished Casefile Presents The Frankston Murders. Wow, what a first class podcast. I remember when the killings were happening and how quickly Denver was caught. Highly recommend giving it a listen, it's very sad and disturbing but also really important.

quinzel

VIP Member
Your Own Backyard was just in another league of excellence. That podcast was a major factor, if not the main one (arguably) in bringing Paul Flores to justice.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Thanks for recommending this! Started it last night and I am enthralled. I vaguely remember hearing the story a while ago but wasn't aware of all the details, it's wild 😳
I can't wait for more, I love the influx of of scammer stories lately. I know an American podcast did a story on Jack Monroe but it was Patreon only.
Jack's a prime candidate for a 6 part expose.

• Heart
  • Wow

Silverback

VIP Member
Jesus I tried listening to an episode of They Walk Among Us yesterday. It was bloody awful. The guy speaks in an overly dramatic slow way that made me feel really stabby

• Haha

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
If Sue Perkins is turning to true crime/scammers podcasting she would already have a lot of good contacts to talk to for an in-depth Jack investigation.
Verrrrrrry interesting how Carrie Jade Does Not Exist they Sue says CJW being lauded by the Financial Times enabled her to trick so many people as the FT was seen as a stamp of approval and authenticity.

SUE AND KAT, PLEASE LOOK AT JACK MONROE AND THE GUARDIAN NEXT!

• Heart
Reactions: 8