True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else listening to Hooked On Freddie? I binged all five available
podcasts this morning. One final episode to come next week. I find the presenter’s voice rather shrill and anxiety inducing but it’s a pretty gripping story. You're better listening to it blind, but I’ll give you a basic summary in a spoiler.
An animal rights activist is accused of SA a dolphin in 80s northern England. The tabloids get hold of the story and it goes wild, everyone in Britain knows about it. Then the case goes to trial, and we get to follow the trial. The final episode will reveal the verdict. There is a part that will make you hate the Royal Family.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Anyone else listening to Hooked On Freddie? I binged all five available
podcasts this morning. One final episode to come next week. I find the presenter’s voice rather shrill and anxiety inducing but it’s a pretty gripping story. You're better listening to it blind, but I’ll give you a basic summary in a spoiler.
An animal rights activist is accused of SA a dolphin in 80s northern England. The tabloids get hold of the story and it goes wild, everyone in Britain knows about it. Then the case goes to trial, and we get to follow the trial. The final episode will reveal the verdict. There is a part that will make you hate the Royal Family.
I've seen it pop up but haven't listened yet. I'm intrigued now, thanks!

Reactions: 1
I keep hearing the advert for hooked on Freddie but can’t decide whether to listen or not!

Reactions: 3
I had high hopes for How to Destroy Everything but 2 1/2 episodes in it’s an awfully tedious drip feed, really it’s nothing but the hosts’ “hilarious” chatter with very little substance.

I had high hopes for How to Destroy Everything but 2 1/2 episodes in it’s an awfully tedious drip feed, really it’s nothing but the hosts’ “hilarious” chatter with very little substance.
I've just started 'About a Boy', really good so far. It's about V. Putin's life, only 3 episodes up to now but production values are excellent and the host has a great voice.

Reactions: 5
I've just started 'About a Boy', really good so far. It's about V. Putin's life, only 3 episodes up to now but production values are excellent and the host has a great voice.
Oh! I haven’t heard of that. That sounds so interesting, I’m going to try it, thank you!

• Heart
There's a new podcast called Ghost Story, only two episodes out so far but it seems like a good show. It's about a haunted house in London and a possible murder mystery at the same time.
A bit of a trippy story but very interesting if you like that kind of thing.

Reactions: 10
Radio 4 has a new series all about the mad cow disease scandal. Funnily enough I had been looking for something about it for ages. But it's a bit meh. It's a bit dull and hasn't gone into the actual symptoms of the disease enough imo.

Reactions: 2
Radio 4 has a new series all about the mad cow disease scandal. Funnily enough I had been looking for something about it for ages. But it's a bit meh. It's a bit dull and hasn't gone into the actual symptoms of the disease enough imo.
Oh that’s a shame. Sounds like something I’d enjoy. Prion diseases fascinate and terrify me!

Reactions: 4
Listening to this - 'What Happened To Charlene Downes?' tragic case
I have that on my list, I'm waiting until I'm in the right frame of mind. I've been into true crime for over 40 years but that's one I always hesitate to read about or listen to, it's just heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Listening to both seasons of To Live and Die in LA again. It’s so good! One of those rare ones where the story moves along as the podcast is recorded.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Listening to both seasons of To Live and Die in LA again. It’s so good! One of those rare ones where the story moves along as the podcast is recorded.
I bloody love this podcast. I found it during lockdown, so it became my listening in the bath every evening, because there was little else to do, and several times my husband came rushing in to make sure I was ok because Id guffawed “oh my god” “no bleeping way” throughout 😆

• Haha
I started into Red Handed on the Shamima Begum two parter, and really liked their story telling and their wit. I went back then to the beginning and listened to them from episode 2. I think now they are over extending themselves, and the episodes feel rushed and hastily pulled together. Suruthi constantly repeating the same sentence immediately after she's just said it, and waffling is getting a bit grating now though.

Hunting Warhead was one I highly recommend, along with Believe in Magic, Fairy Meadow, Down the Hill and Believe Her about Niki Addimando. Death of a Starlet, Why can't we Talk about Amanda's mom, Vischal, and Call Bethal.

The Witch Trials of JK Rowling isn't a true crime podcast but by far one of the best I've listened to. It breaks down the trans debate in a very even handed way and I'd highly recommend it. Megan Phelps Roper is a great narrator and her own background growing up in the Westboro Baptists gave her a unique insight into the whole trans doctrine as well as how the rise of the internet accelerated the rise in transgender issues.

I've just subscribed to about 20 new podcasts thanks to Tattle. I'm currently listening to What happened to Charlene Downes.

• Heart
I’m listening to the Charlene Downes one too! Finally a journalist is telling the truth about the poor girl’s life.

• Heart
I’m listening to the Charlene Downes one too! Finally a journalist is telling the truth about the poor girl’s life.
You’ve answered my question before I even had to ask! That poor girl was let down by her parents first and foremost. They’ve been in the news a lot over the past couple of days due to it being 20 years since she disappeared yet they were the ones to surround her with vile paedophiles in her own home. The poor girl knew nothing else, had no hope.

• Sad