True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This really shows how important it is that Juries are not exposed to any media regarding the trial they are serving on and only make their decision based on the evidence provided in the court. I was a juror on a murder trial and once it was finished looked at the press and really appreciated how the click bait headlines could have influenced my decision.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just started listening to Death of a Code Breaker, about gchq worker Gareth Williams. Should be an interesting listen- I have a vague connection to his family and can’t imagine how it must feel having no answers when he died in such a strange way.

I’ve just started listening to Death of a Code Breaker, about gchq worker Gareth Williams. Should be an interesting listen- I have a vague connection to his family and can’t imagine how it must feel having no answers when he died in such a strange way.
was this the man who found inside a locked suitcase? I am going to give this a listen.

Reactions: 5
I’ll have to listen to this, I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts about Gareth and it really intrigues me. Like you say it’s an awful one for his family.

I listened to the Jodie Jones/ Luke Mitchell episode of Naomi’s podcast today and I’m shocked at how much I didn’t know about the case. I’m a true crime podcast fan and have listened to multiple versions of Jodie’s case and I’ve always thought Luke was guilty. Now I’m not so sure (although things like the inscription on the knife case are weird) He definitely shouldn’t have been convicted on the very little evidence there was and the trial by media for a teenager was insane.

Reactions: 1
I’ll have to listen to this, I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts about Gareth and it really intrigues me. Like you say it’s an awful one for his family.

I listened to the Jodie Jones/ Luke Mitchell episode of Naomi’s podcast today and I’m shocked at how much I didn’t know about the case. I’m a true crime podcast fan and have listened to multiple versions of Jodie’s case and I’ve always thought Luke was guilty. Now I’m not so sure (although things like the inscription on the knife case are weird) He definitely shouldn’t have been convicted on the very little evidence there was and the trial by media for a teenager was insane.
I thought the real was very balanced tbf. It's the first time I'd heard of the case so my mind was blown. I don't think I could have convicted him on the "evidence" defo trial by media!

I’ve only listened to Seeing Reds episode on this case, so I’ll have to listen to Naomis… this happened just along the road from me and so many people think he’s guilty… I’m not sure tho

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’ve only listened to Seeing Reds episode on this case, so I’ll have to listen to Naomis… this happened just along the road from me and so many people think he’s guilty… I’m not sure tho
i think i need to listen to another pod to get another view point, because the one i listened too he was clearly innocent!

• Heart
i think i need to listen to another pod to get another view point, because the one i listened too he was clearly innocent!
I remember thinking this too, especially after seeing the documentary that was on Channel 5 a few years back. Then I looked into it more and the full evidence was quite damning against him. Especially as he seemed to know the location of her body before anyone else noticed she was over the wall.

Carrie Jade Does Not Exist is good so far (scammer crime podcast).
The subject has a thread on here in the TikTok section called 'thisworldcanbeaccesible', it's a bit of a wild ride if you've got time to read from the start.
The podcast itself is only 2 episodes so far but I'm looking forward to the rest, it's also quite funny.

Reactions: 4
The subject has a thread on here in the TikTok section called 'thisworldcanbeaccesible', it's a bit of a wild ride if you've got time to read from the start.
The podcast itself is only 2 episodes so far but I'm looking forward to the rest, it's also quite funny.
I keep seeing this advertised on tiktok. Is it about that crazy airbnb scammer?

Anyone else listening to the two podcasts following the Ashling Murphy trial? They're called The Trial: Ashling Murphy and All Rise: The Ashling Murphy Murder Trial. I've been in tears listening to the evidence, how senseless her murder was. Her murderer is due to be sentenced next week. He's shown no remorse throughout the trial.

I'm also listening to another podcast called The Nobody Zone about Irish serial killer Kieran Patrick Kelly in London. I'm on episode 5 of 6. It's a bizarre story with lots of twists. It's also been made into a TV series but I haven't watched that yet.
I’ve been listening to the trial and was just in tears hearing the victim impact statements. A truly devastating senseless loss of a beautiful life.

Sort of relevant as it was mentioned on Crime Weekly but am I the only one that didn’t realise that Stephanie Harlowe uses a pseudonym, Harlowe isn’t her real surname!

I’ve been listening to the trial and was just in tears hearing the victim impact statements. A truly devastating senseless loss of a beautiful life.
Yes, senseless is the only word for it. I hope that bastard is never released. He's a danger to women everywhere.

Thanks for recommending this! Started it last night and I am enthralled. I vaguely remember hearing the story a while ago but wasn't aware of all the details, it's wild 😳

• Heart
Thanks for recommending this! Started it last night and I am enthralled. I vaguely remember hearing the story a while ago but wasn't aware of all the details, it's wild 😳
I can't wait for more, I love the influx of of scammer stories lately. I know an American podcast did a story on Jack Monroe but it was Patreon only.
Jack's a prime candidate for a 6 part expose.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I can't wait for more, I love the influx of of scammer stories lately. I know an American podcast did a story on Jack Monroe but it was Patreon only.
Jack's a prime candidate for a 6 part expose.
We can only live in hope that someday someone will be brave enough see past the manipulative s**cide baiting.

• Heart
Can you point me in the right direction of thisworldcanbeaccesible, I can't even find the tiktok section

hope this works
Can you point me in the right direction of thisworldcanbeaccesible, I can't even find the tiktok section

• Heart
Here you go.

• Heart