True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just come across a new podcast about a very sad, well-known case from where I’m from originally (Victoria, Canada). Michael Dunahee was 4 years old when he was abducted from a playground in 1991. This case has haunted me for years and I think I can trace my true crime fixation right back to this. It’s called Island Crime.
just started this - it's heartbreaking

Reactions: 2
Is anyone else listening to Stolen Hearts?

I'm just about to listen to Ep.4.

Like all Wondery pods, the production values are very high, but I feel it's rather predictable and a little disappointing at the moment. I'd give it 3 out of 5 currently.
I’m listening to it and I’ll finish it but honestly I find Jill infuriating! Seems to be the kind of person that can’t not be in a relationship.

Reactions: 1
It is insane how much they make each month from patreon isn’t it! But I do love Redhanded so I think fair play to them.
I love redhanded too but I really don't like the short hand episode they do.

Murder most foul is a great deep dive into a case that was local to me. Horrific and heartwarming story told with genuine compassion

BBC 'The Forgotten Dead' about the unidentified body of a woman found in Bolton. Haunting

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I find it irritating how some of podcasters spend the first few minutes (quite a few!) rabbiting on about what they've been up to that day, week, month ... there was one I listened to as I was driving and I had to pull over and turn it off, it was so annoying (American men guffawing, talking over the top of each other, having a metaphorical pissing competition). Just get on with discussing the case!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
BBC 'The Forgotten Dead' about the unidentified body of a woman found in Bolton. Haunting
Ooh, thanks for mentioning this. I would never have seen it in my podcast app (I'm in Australia) I searched and nothing came up so I went to the BBC sounds page and there it was. Looking forward to listening tonight.

That Chapter podcast has just come out .. I love his YouTube stuff and heard hype on this :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
To Live and Die in LA is one of the best podcasts I’ve ever listened to. It’s a short series.
equally, the first two seasons of Radio Rental are great.

TLADILA is about a woman who goes missing in a journalists neighbourhood and he begins to investigate it himself real-time.
RR is people telling their on freaky stories to Payne Lindsey.

Hannah (RH) seems to have mellowed out a lot lately. She was a major story topper and an expert on everything but seems to have matured a lot over the last couple of month. They both must make an insane amount looking at the patreon.
Yes I agree. My opinions on H&S have pretty much flipped since I started listening in 2020.
I used to find Hannah really annoying but I think now I understand it comes from her being a bit insecure I give her a bit of a pass. Plus she's improved massively.
I used to love Suruthi but I feel like she is increasingly trying to showcase how anti-woke she is to the point where it's almost funny.

Reactions: 4
I find it irritating how some of podcasters spend the first few minutes (quite a few!) rabbiting on about what they've been up to that day, week, month ... there was one I listened to as I was driving and I had to pull over and turn it off, it was so annoying (American men guffawing, talking over the top of each other, having a metaphorical pissing competition). Just get on with discussing the case!
I stopped listening to true crime Enthusiast because of this. One it was 11 minutes before he started the case. 11 minutes of stuff I do not care about 🙄

Reactions: 4
My favourites are Crime Junkie, Anatomy of Murder and case file. I’m going to give that Seeing Red a go as well. I loved serial in the early series but couldn’t get into it after the first few.

Yes I agree. My opinions on H&S have pretty much flipped since I started listening in 2020.
I used to find Hannah really annoying but I think now I understand it comes from her being a bit insecure I give her a bit of a pass. Plus she's improved massively.
I used to love Suruthi but I feel like she is increasingly trying to showcase how anti-woke she is to the point where it's almost funny.
I totally agree with everything you’ve said here. I loved H&S and have been a patreon for coming up 3 years now.

I used to really love Suruthi but she seems to have done a complete 180 on a long of views (mostly since she met ACD Face, her boyfriend, which seems a bit coincidental) and now she just seems to have gone so far into being anti woke that it’s tiring.

I don’t really like short hand either, I maybe listen to one every 4 weeks because a lot of it isn’t interesting to me. I’d even say the main show eps are not what they once were.

I really like I Could Murder A Podcast atm, and i do like Seeing Red but find Mark a bit cringe.

Can't stand Red Handed. I don't really enjoy any of the UK TC podcasts or YouTubers. My favourite is The Prosecutors and also Crime weekly. The Prosecutors is absolutely fantastic. 6 or 7 partner on Jon Benet Ramsay was excellent

Reactions: 7
Can't stand Red Handed. I don't really enjoy any of the UK TC podcasts or YouTubers. My favourite is The Prosecutors and also Crime weekly. The Prosecutors is absolutely fantastic. 6 or 7 partner on Jon Benet Ramsay was excellent
The prosecutors is fab- fascinating when they do a deep dive into a case over a few episodes!

Reactions: 3
I totally agree with everything you’ve said here. I loved H&S and have been a patreon for coming up 3 years now.

I used to really love Suruthi but she seems to have done a complete 180 on a long of views (mostly since she met ACD Face, her boyfriend, which seems a bit coincidental) and now she just seems to have gone so far into being anti woke that it’s tiring.

I don’t really like short hand either, I maybe listen to one every 4 weeks because a lot of it isn’t interesting to me. I’d even say the main show eps are not what they once were.

I really like I Could Murder A Podcast atm, and i do like Seeing Red but find Mark a bit cringe.
Oh that's interesting, I hadn't noticed the correlation with the new fella. I imagine it's a perfect storm of him being more right-wing and them going up a tax bracket.
I'm not a fan of shorthand either and I only listen to it rarely. I'm giving myself one more month of being subscribed to patreon before I quit it.

I'll check both of your recommendations out, thanks.

Redhanded come across massively privileged. Constantly talking about their holidays. They must be coining it in.

Reactions: 6
They do have a few employees at redhanded to pay too. But they are also probably making bank from the UK and upcoming US tour.

I like to listen back to their older eps a lot though. It’s always a problem with long running TC podcasts that they’ve covered most of the more interesting cases by this point. The same happened for me with MFM (also I just got to the point where Georgia became very irritating to me!)