True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I havnt listened to many buy have listened to down the hill and the murder sheet (just the Delphi content).
I also listed to one a while back about PC Andrew Harper which was really good but can't remember who made it.

Reactions: 2
Oh my god yes we should! I'm a patron and it's a very negative space a lot of the time. H&S aren't perfect people, but who is? I like that they aren't ashamed to share their real opinions even when I don't agree with them.
Ah I’ve never seen the group or anything. Blissfully ignorant! I love them and exactly, we listen to their opinions. I did notice that they’re often trying to cover their backs when they say something remotely controversial

Your Own Backyard is very good, extremely detailed but good.

Reactions: 3
Your Own Backyard was just in another league of excellence. That podcast was a major factor, if not the main one (arguably) in bringing Paul Flores to justice.

Reactions: 9
Your Own Backyard was just in another league of excellence. That podcast was a major factor, if not the main one (arguably) in bringing Paul Flores to justice.
Oh gosh yes, totally missed that off my list but it’s bloody fantastic, and Paul Flores and family are hideous people.

Redhanded is the only one I listen to every week. I also like Generation Why, Casefile and Crime Junkie.

The Australian has done a few good series about specific crimes. Who the Hell is Hamish?, the Night Driver, Teachers Pet, and a couple of others I can't remember the names of. They've all been great.

I'm going to check out the Missing. I like true crime in general but cases where people have disappeared without trace are particularly fascinating for me. Especially modern ones as it just seems like it should be impossible.
I'm the same missing people they just fascinate me!

Anyone have any recs for podcasts that don’t waffle?

I love Casefile because he just tells the story. I tried an episode of My Favourite Murder and it was 30 mins before they got to the murder and I couldn’t cope! Crime Junkie is on the verge of too much chat but at least the dog stuff is at the end of the episodes!
Oh I love My Favourite Murder - but I listen to it while I run (alone) so I appreciate the funny stuff. If it was all murder all the time I think I'd be a (jogging) nervous wreck.

I like Devils in the Dark for that reason too.

Lore and The Missing for in the car or tidying the kitchen.

Oh my god yes it's so good! And what an outcome. I really hope Kristin's family have some semblance of peace now.

I'm the same missing people they just fascinate me!
I think about it all the time. Like how do you just disappear in this digital age?!

I often say to my partner, about random things one of us us doing, "this would look so strange if we disappeared and web sleuths would be trying to decipher it for years" 🙈 Too obsessed

Anyone have any recs for podcasts that don’t waffle?

I love Casefile because he just tells the story. I tried an episode of My Favourite Murder and it was 30 mins before they got to the murder and I couldn’t cope! Crime Junkie is on the verge of too much chat but at least the dog stuff is at the end of the episodes!
Casefile is easily one of the best for just straight up telling a story, but I can't listen to it when I'm home alone cos it scares me.
Generation Why don't chat too much?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone listen to Excuse Me That's Illegal? It's a nice break from murder and missing people as it's funny little stories about silly crimes. Hosted by Leroy Luna, brother of Jack from Dark Topic.
I couldn't listen to the latest one as it was about poo and it made me feel a bit sick but some of the episodes are quite funny.

Ooo thanks for the recommendations. I've started Your Own Backyard today.
I'll compose a list of my faves and share soon

I’m constantly listening to true crime podcasts, my favourite are Crime Junkie, Morbid, True Crime All The Time, True Crime All The Time unsolved, Generation Why and The Vanished.
I listened to one quite a while ago called Unheard The Fred and Rose West Tapes, that one was very very interesting.

Your Own Backyard is so amazing, very jealous of those starting it from scratch! haha. Last few days I have been listening to a pod called 'His Name was Stuart Lubbock' about the mysterious death at Michael Barrymore's house in 2001.

If you like detailed deep dives then Crime Weekly is good too, Stephanie Harlowe goes deep with her research and her podcast partner is a retired police officer so you get interesting insight in to cases too. Cases come out weekly and often last weeks though so you need to concentrate and remember what was said last week (or save and binge)

• Heart
Your Own Backyard is so amazing, very jealous of those starting it from scratch! haha. Last few days I have been listening to a pod called 'His Name was Stuart Lubbock' about the mysterious death at Michael Barrymore's house in 2001.
Started Your Own Backyard today, two episodes in I can tell it’s going to be good!

• Heart
Bang to rights with Emma Kenny is my current fave. She has a YouTube channel too.
I used to like True Crime Enthusiast but he just went on an on at the start. Once, it was 9 minutes before he actually got into it. His research is great though.
Love red-handed.
Anyone got recommendations for missing people? I've listened to the missing already.

Bang to rights with Emma Kenny is my current fave. She has a YouTube channel too.
I used to like True Crime Enthusiast but he just went on an on at the start. Once, it was 9 minutes before he actually got into it. His research is great though.
Love red-handed.
Anyone got recommendations for missing people? I've listened to the missing already.
The vanished Is about missing people x

I used to love Redhanded but I feel that they’ve got too far up their own arses now. Plus the constant plugging of merchandise, awards, etc gets wearing.

I do like all killa no filla because of the comedy aspect but it does take them a long time to discuss the case! Both very funny ladies though.

I love casefile and all the podcasts from the Australian - there’s quite a few like Lost in Larrimah and the lighthouse which focus on one case In a deep dive.

Reactions: 10
I used to love Redhanded but I feel that they’ve got too far up their own arses now. Plus the constant plugging of merchandise, awards, etc gets wearing.

I do like all killa no filla because of the comedy aspect but it does take them a long time to discuss the case! Both very funny ladies though.

I love casefile and all the podcasts from the Australian - there’s quite a few like Lost in Larrimah and the lighthouse which focus on one case In a deep dive.
Totally agree about Red Handed and All Killa. All Killa is probably my favourite, the irony of the name does amuse me though as there’s so much general chat but I like that, I especially enjoy hearing Rachel’s stories and opinions on things. I’ve not listened to any other Australian podcasts but really enjoy Casefile and the variety of cases they have, I’ll have to have listen to the other you mention.

started this yesterday……..hooked!

• Heart