Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
If Sue Perkins is turning to true crime/scammers podcasting she would already have a lot of good contacts to talk to for an in-depth Jack investigation.
Verrrrrrry interesting how Carrie Jade Does Not Exist they Sue says CJW being lauded by the Financial Times enabled her to trick so many people as the FT was seen as a stamp of approval and authenticity.

SUE AND KAT, PLEASE LOOK AT JACK MONROE AND THE GUARDIAN NEXT!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I ended up listening to most of Charlene's story yesterday. Oh my god.
I ended up having to put something else on to clear my brain.
Well done to Naomi Channel for the work she's put in, it can't have been easy for her.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to Believable- The Coco Berthmann Story?
Omfg, it's WILD.
If you liked Scamanda you'll love Coco Berthmann, 11 episodes of absolute mayhem.
Content warning, alleged child sex abuse and r*pe.

• Sad

Boogs

VIP Member
I don’t know how Emma Kenny has got to the position she is in. She is described as a psychologist but I wouldn’t class someone with a BA in psychology and a masters in counselling as a psychologist.
I feel her ‘celebrity’ status has meant that people think she is far more knowledgeable and qualified than she actually is.

redball00n

VIP Member
I listened to the Charlene Downes podcast as well. I’m originally from the North West and always believed she was murdered by a member of a Muslim grooming gang and her body put into the kebab machine because that was the story we are all fed by the media (and the police to some extent). After that podcast and reading the social services files online, I don’t believe her parents committed the act of murder but I 100% believe that they know what happened to her and where she is. That girl was failed by everyone who should have protected her. Her parents are absolute scum and they should burn in hell for what they put their children through at the hands of their “friends”.

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
I always side eye the Innocence Project because it was founded by Barry Scheck, the lawyer who got OJ Simpson off. I know he was only doing his job but when asked about it at the end of the OJ documentary he did not come off well.

• Wow

Peachy9

VIP Member
8 episodes added today on Real, my favourite podcast. She's covering the murder of Billie-Jo Jenkins
Love Real podcast. She comes across as very compassionate and has a genuine interest in the stories, rather than just trying to share the gory bits. Looking forward to listening to this!

MissMissMissy

Chatty Member
I got onto crime weekly from this thread. The Memphis 3 deep dive is fantastic. The summer wells is good too, as well as Casey Anthony and Lacie Peterson.
The staircase one I just couldn't. I swear Stephanie and Derek were speaking for about 40 minutes about big brother and a documentary.
I got fatigue with Jon Benet, but mainly because that case has been done to death.
I wish they would do a Madeline McCann one. I reckon they would uncover loads! Stephanie's research is amazing.
I know I already said thanks for the suggestion for crime weekly but again, thank you!! I’ve been really struggling with so many complicated personal things lately and this has been amazing in distracting me from all the shite going on in my life! I love that the episodes are so long. Did the WM3 and now on Casey Anthony.

• Heart

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Some shows I like that haven't been mentioned

Disappearances - hosted by Sarah Tourney, sister of missing girl Alissa Turney

Redrum - British host. Used to be mostly UK true crime but she seems to be doing American cases now. The production is still a bit amateur but it's an easy listen

Minds of Madness

Southern Fried True Crime

Trace Evidence
- the host gets a bit overly passionate sometimes and his language can be super flowery but I like the podcast. My favourite episode is episode 200, the shocking murder of Betty Williams. It was a 3 and a half hour episode but something about the way he told it made the time fly by. I was walking about that day running errands but I don't even think that's why I kept listening, because if a podcast drags on I just switch to music. I even plan to relisten one day, I found it that good

They Will Kill - this kind of goes against what I like in a true crime podcast because they can be a bit chatty at the start and they spend the second half of the episode just waffling. But when they get to the storyteling part I like it, it's quite concise considering.

Keep the non violent recommendations coming! I need more non scary stuff to listen to

Reactions: 7

ElChanguito

VIP Member
Just finished episode 2 of season 2 of Betrayal. It’s super shocking.

“Ashley Lytton was a typical mom and wife in suburban Utah with three children until she discovered her husband’s horrifying secret.”

• Sad

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Update on the Carrie Jade Does Not Exist podcast in case anyone has missed it. No spoilers but she's popped AGAIN!

• Wow
  • Heart

Clovis

VIP Member
I can't wait for more, I love the influx of of scammer stories lately. I know an American podcast did a story on Jack Monroe but it was Patreon only.
Jack's a prime candidate for a 6 part expose.
If Sue Perkins is turning to true crime/scammers podcasting she would already have a lot of good contacts to talk to for an in-depth Jack investigation.

• Wow

Banquos_Ghost

Can't stand Red Handed. I don't really enjoy any of the UK TC podcasts or YouTubers. My favourite is The Prosecutors and also Crime weekly. The Prosecutors is absolutely fantastic. 6 or 7 partner on Jon Benet Ramsay was excellent

Very traditional

VIP Member
Just finished Scamanda - massive thanks for the reccomendation, I enjoyed it so much. I actually can’t believe she did it, absolute madness!

• Heart

Polythene Pam

Chatty Member
Redhanded is the only one I listen to every week. I also like Generation Why, Casefile and Crime Junkie.

The Australian has done a few good series about specific crimes. Who the Hell is Hamish?, the Night Driver, Teachers Pet, and a couple of others I can't remember the names of. They've all been great.

I'm going to check out the Missing. I like true crime in general but cases where people have disappeared without trace are particularly fascinating for me. Especially modern ones as it just seems like it should be impossible.

• Heart

Veilside

Chatty Member
I am loving Scamanda, though it is making me angry. How can anyone be so wicked?
My oldest son has terminal cancer, I can’t see how anyone could lie about such a thing and be so bloody good at it as well!
It’s such a good podcast, just a shame it’s weekly.

• Heart
  • Sad

no-no

VIP Member
Does anyone listen to Small Town Murder? Found it recently and there are over 400 episodes to catch up on. They’re long and I love the format, the two hosts are hilarious (they don’t mock the victims). They start episodes setting the scene of these towns reading out reviews of the area and average house prices etc.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
One benefit to insomnia was binging Believe in Magic at 3am this morning. Absolute masterclass in storytelling. I do wonder if there will be a follow up.

I mean, the subtext is that Jean was responsible for the death of her daughter. The most horrific aspect was Meg having a stent in her head. And all for nothing.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Casey Anthony case was a 100% guilty case but the prosecution didn’t prove it, charged incorrectly and it still makes me angry.
Yeah Casey Anthony I totally think was responsible for poor Caylees death (even if she didn’t murder her, and it was accidental). It makes me mad she got away with it.

But then there’s also OJ right.

I would say though I would rather see a guilty person go free than an innocent person spend their life behind bars for a crime they didn’t commit.