True Crime Podcasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone going to see the makings of a murderer with David Swindle? Tempted but tickets are £30
I've been and I was underwhelmed. He jumped around with the stories so it was a bit disjointed and he read from the slides a lot more than I would have expected. Maybe it was because it was at the start of his tour but there are better presenters and story tellers out there.

Reactions: 3
Here after binging LoveBombed on the BBC. It's all about a man who conned his way into a woman's life and built a family with her, whilst he was still married to someone else. It's short episodes of 15-20 minutes which I quite enjoyed.

Does anyone have any true crime recommendations that perhaps focus more on fraud or non-violent crimes? I must admit sometimes the true crime ones leave me feeling a bit uncomfortable (no judgement, I get the interest in listening to them and have listened to others in the past).
Something was wrong is good

Reactions: 2
I've just finished Casefile Presents The Frankston Murders. Wow, what a first class podcast. I remember when the killings were happening and how quickly Denver was caught. Highly recommend giving it a listen, it's very sad and disturbing but also really important.

Reactions: 9
I've just finished Casefile Presents The Frankston Murders. Wow, what a first class podcast. I remember when the killings were happening and how quickly Denver was caught. Highly recommend giving it a listen, it's very sad and disturbing but also really important.
I’ve just downloaded this and will listen to it next. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Binged it over a couple of days too!

• Heart
Binged it over a couple of days too!
One of the best pods I've ever listened to. I read Vikki's book when it came out nearly 30 years ago, one of my friends was living quite close to the Frankston area at the time so the whole thing hit a nerve.
I really don't believe Denyer will get parole but I'll be looking for petitions and writing to the Premier to express my outrage at the idea.

Hello MCM just wanted to say hi and hope you're doing well. Lots of love to you my tender one ❤🐱

• Heart
Swindled is very good. I like the persona/narrative voice though I can see why it might be off-putting for some!
The Station Nightclub fire episodes stayed with me for weeks after I heard the episode. Truly, truly haunting

• Heart
If anyone's looking for something a bit different I can recommend Murder in the North. Scandinavian cases I've never heard of although I think the host is English. I've liked every episode I've heard so far.

Reactions: 5
I binged it over 2 days. Just finished the Sarah McDiarmid one as well.

I too remember it happening when I was young and used to travel down to Frankston to the nightclubs there.

• Heart
I binged it over 2 days. Just finished the Sarah McDiarmid one as well.

I too remember it happening when I was young and used to travel down to Frankston to the nightclubs there.
It's weird when you know the crime area well, one of my brothers was living near Waterloo Corner Road when the Snowtown murders were happening in Adelaide so I knew parts of that area. It's creepy to know you been near a crime scene.

It's weird when you know the crime area well, one of my brothers was living near Waterloo Corner Road when the Snowtown murders were happening in Adelaide so I knew parts of that area. It's creepy to know you been near a crime scene.
Snowtown scares the jeebies out of me. I went there about 10 years ago while visiting relatives in Adelaide (day trip north) we stopped in Snowtown for a break and there was a very creepy guy in the town talking all about the murders to me and my family and being a total creep (I don't think he was a stooge either). He went into detail and had a giant pair of binoculars around his neck - it was all too weird for me.

• Wow
I started listening to casefile after the recommendations here but it's such a robotic emotionless voice. Does it get better?

• Haha
I started listening to casefile after the recommendations here but it's such a robotic emotionless voice. Does it get better?
He does have a weird way of presenting! He gets slightly better, or maybe I just got used to it over the years.

I couldn’t stand it and stoped after about 3 episodes. It was so monotone and flat, it really grated on me.

Lots here I agree with and lots of new ones to try but one I’ve not seen mentioned is Canadian True Crime. It’s not groundbreaking but she tells the stories well, very little chat, really easy to listen to imo

• Heart
Lots here I agree with and lots of new ones to try but one I’ve not seen mentioned is Canadian True Crime. It’s not groundbreaking but she tells the stories well, very little chat, really easy to listen to imo
Not a fan. Tried a couple of times. Aussie accent and Canadian crime just felt odd then her take on things. Gave up in the end.
---
Figured I would pop over here rather than clog up the redhanded thread with a side bar of those that I have issues with.

This is not Reddit so I finally feel free to share of pods I HAVE listened too that I have issues with and the ones that have died. And the ones who have died that I genuinely miss.

Please share yours

Dislike

Redhanded
Going West
First Degree
Let’s Go to Court
Crime Junkies
Moms and Murder (now Moms and mysteries 🙄)

Thankfully Died

Our Lives Their Death
Murder on the couch
All crime no cattle

Miss
Nordic True Crime
True Crime Sweden

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’ve just started listening to true crime garage this week. So so far I’m not hating it!

• Heart