Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
There was a case where a organisation like the innocence project got involved petitioned and petitioned for exonoration, had so many supporters and the guy finally admitted he’d done it. Can’t bloody remember his name, might have been British if anyone knows it? But they do get it wrong sometimes.
That's really interesting (if anyone remembers I'd love to know more about it.)
Hoping a few podcasters pick it up and give us more unbiased details.

Emsie

VIP Member
I used to listen to a podcast and I can't remember what it was so I'm hoping you guys can help.
It was American, hosted by a male and female, I think his name might have been Carter, or something similar sounding. They did 30 - 40 minutes episodes and really historical crimes. They moved over to Spotify about a year ago and I don't use Spotify for podcasts so I didn't follow them over. But now I want to listen to them and I cannot remember what the name of the podcast was. Anyone know?

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Not a TC podcast but it's one I always listen to. This might be of interest as there's a forensic anthropologist (Prof Sue Black) on the panel. It's funny and interesting to hear their takes on what not to do.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Recently started listening to Rotten Mango! Wow some have left me speechless! #307 has to be the most horrific podcast I think I’ve ever listened to! One I’ll never forget!
I really like Rotten Mango, I have to be in the right mood to listen as you never know what's going to be discussed! They obviously put a lot of effort into research though.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to 'the disappearance of Rudy Ferias' I'm listening to it now on Real and its wild! Only a 3 parter but my god its mad so far.
Is that the one where the boy was still living at home? Or am I thinking of someone else?

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I listened to a bonus episode of They Walk Among Us the other day, about a woman who used the dark web to try and hire a hitman. I’m so fascinated by the dark web, not that I’ve ever been on it or would want to 😂 Are there any good podcasts that have stories about it?
Was it the Amy Allwine case? I know Casefile did an episode on that, also 48 Hours podcast a few years ago had an episode on a similar case but I can't remember the details.
I think there's a podcast from a couple of years ago about the Dark Web but I never listened to it. You could try google or the search bar on your podcast app?

Steptoe

Not a podcast but based on one - it’s been out ages but I just watched The Thing About Pam series about Pam Hupp. Pretty good adaptation of a crazy case (I have listened to the podcast previously). Worth a watch.
What channel?

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I quite like listening to analysis of crimes these days, currently a big fan of Police Off the Cuff podcast and YouTube channel. Presenter is a retired NYPD hom detective. Has a great NY accent and is all 0ver the case of the two Kansas women murdered by the MIL of one of them. He called it from the beginning. As soon as he hear “custody battle” said it would be Dad or a relative of Dad.
That sounds good, I'll add it to my list.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I think I recommended it. I'm really enjoying it but wish all the episodes were out so I can proper binge. I think it's been really well done, probably one of the best podcasts I've listened to other than maybe The Teachers Pet.
Yes, im pretty sure it was you! Thank you.
I'm more of a binge person but it's such a fascinating and twisty story.
I love a good historical podcast as well so this one pressed all the buttons.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I've driven to visit family tonight and listened to the first two episodes of The Butterfly King about King Boris of Bulgaria who dies in mysterious circumstances in 1943. I've learnt loads and told my WWII dad some snippets of info he didn't know.
Thanks, this sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Steptoe

I've listened to the charlene downes case and then went back and listened to the luke Mitchel case and my mind is absolutely blown, I don't know how he ever got convicted of Jody's death.
Is the podcast host the same person who does the missing? Sounds similar.
the missing is Pandora, it's a differnt person i think. That poor Jody case is shocking, and i can not believe his life has been wasted, so sad

Blondie

VIP Member
Carrie Jade Does Not Exist is good so far (scammer crime podcast).
The subject has a thread on here in the TikTok section called 'thisworldcanbeaccesible', it's a bit of a wild ride if you've got time to read from the start.
The podcast itself is only 2 episodes so far but I'm looking forward to the rest, it's also quite funny.
Can you point me in the right direction of thisworldcanbeaccesible, I can't even find the tiktok section