Tom Hiddleston #8 Fifty shades of blue

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going through some older videos, I have to admit, I see this the first time :D Now if Tom is this annoying while ordering stuff, my dreams are shattered :D

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Going through some older videos, I have to admit, I see this the first time :D Now if Tom is this annoying while ordering stuff, my dreams are shattered :D

His Mark Ruffalo has me dying, so on point. I could actually see Tom ordering exactly like that 😂 he even has the soft, hesitant tone down. Of course if I were behind him and didn’t know who he was I’d be like will this posh guy with the amazing rear end please hurry the f up and just make up his mind!

Speaking of old videos, with the recent Oscars hijinks it makes me think of when they asked him following the La La Land/moonlight fiasco and he does this great little but imitating how stiff the presenters always are (which really is hilarious when you think that they’re all such great actors!) The bit starts at about 6:15

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is nice....I saw many reactions dissing Loki (but usually those guys hated it and tried to diss it cos they loved some other Marvel show instead...I am saying live and let live, I disliked Tha Falcon and the Winter soldier actively but I am not going to run around yelling at people who did like it). I think despite all the appearances and longetivity, the character (and Tom) are still very much popular. I can imagine Kevin throwing huge money into Tom´s face to keep him around for a while longer

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is nice....I saw many reactions dissing Loki (but usually those guys hated it and tried to diss it cos they loved some other Marvel show instead...I am saying live and let live, I disliked Tha Falcon and the Winter soldier actively but I am not going to run around yelling at people who did like it). I think despite all the appearances and longetivity, the character (and Tom) are still very much popular. I can imagine Kevin throwing huge money into Tom´s face to keep him around for a while longer

The dislike of the Loki show is definitely a vocal minority. It is mostly a select group of twitter antis who’s decided they were owed a particular ship and were livid when they didn’t get it. I can certainly agree with some criticisms of the show as we’ve discussed on here before, mainly the pacing and Loki’s quick character shift. I think his characterization and the development were fine but it needed more time- he went from maniacal spoiled villain trying to take over the world to self-sacrificing hero too quickly. That journey took him years in the original timeline.

But aside from some nitpicks over the speed, I thought the show was refreshing- beautifully and uniquely filmed, really interesting characters and relationships, and a premise that didn’t only rely on Loki- I’ve seen complaints that the show isn’t “about him” but I think using him to explore the TVA set the show apart from just another character-based show.

Overall I thought the show was flawed but reslly
enjoyable, and obviously a lot of other people did too. I think it’s weird and self indulgent how people try to wear their dislike of the show as a badge of honor like it makes them “truer” Loki fans. As @Jara said, if you don’t like it, witch to your friends and then move on and watch something else. And don’t even get me started on the “selfcest.”

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The dislike of the Loki show is definitely a vocal minority. It is mostly a select group of twitter antis who’s decided they were owed a particular ship and were livid when they didn’t get it. I can certainly agree with some criticisms of the show as we’ve discussed on here before, mainly the pacing and Loki’s quick character shift. I think his characterization and the development were fine but it needed more time- he went from maniacal spoiled villain trying to take over the world to self-sacrificing hero too quickly. That journey took him years in the original timeline.

But aside from some nitpicks over the speed, I thought the show was refreshing- beautifully and uniquely filmed, really interesting characters and relationships, and a premise that didn’t only rely on Loki- I’ve seen complaints that the show isn’t “about him” but I think using him to explore the TVA set the show apart from just another character-based show.

enjoyable, and obviously a lot of other people did too. I think it’s weird and self indulgent how people try to wear their dislike of the show as a badge of honor like it makes them “truer” Loki fans. As @Jara said, if you don’t like it, witch to your friends and then move on and watch something else. And don’t even get me started on the “selfcest.”
Honestly, I think all marvel shows struggled with pacing. Including Hawkeye, where I thought, being it filmed last for 2021, they would learn. I am curious how Moon Knight will do (I am saving that one til it ends, or will have more episodes out).

I think only my love for sci-fi and weird made me overlook it at Loki (and partially WandaVision) but I was not a fan of the character before too much so I can say it was my favourite since it made me a fan :) I could argue about the "speed" by repeating what I said before but I get not everybody just sees it the same way as I do and that is totally fine, too :)
But it is mostly a loud minority, sadly mostly those (not all, though) who think they know the character better than Tom who has been playing him for over a decade (and who only love that self hating, crying, hurt Loki from first Thor, ignoring the mythology and the comics that Tom is taking his inspiration from). Also, that he just *must* have a male love interest so their fanfiction fantasies could come true and when he didn´t, they decide to hate it, is also stupid.
I mean, I used to have these with some other shows, where my favourite show got spoilt by new writers (or what I thought was spoilt, I recently rewatched some of it and it seems fine lookin back) and it just was not the same but I was about 18 years old at that time (very beginnings of the internet) so I suspect these guys are the same age? Not sure. But even if it sucks when your show is spoilt or if you just don´t like it despite your favourite character or actor being in it, then just go and watch something else. It is just a TV show and to witch about it six months later is really silly.
I mean, I love Hugh Jackman, but I am not going to pretend that everything he ever made was a pure gold (Cos some of it is really bad) and even his Wolverine was not perfect in some of X-Men movies but I am not going to cry about it. I will just watch something else with him that I know is good.
I think I am turning into a boomer because I really don´t understand this :D

Reactions: 2
Honestly, I think all marvel shows struggled with pacing. Including Hawkeye, where I thought, being it filmed last for 2021, they would learn. I am curious how Moon Knight will do (I am saving that one til it ends, or will have more episodes out).

I think only my love for sci-fi and weird made me overlook it at Loki (and partially WandaVision) but I was not a fan of the character before too much so I can say it was my favourite since it made me a fan :) I could argue about the "speed" by repeating what I said before but I get not everybody just sees it the same way as I do and that is totally fine, too :)
But it is mostly a loud minority, sadly mostly those (not all, though) who think they know the character better than Tom who has been playing him for over a decade (and who only love that self hating, crying, hurt Loki from first Thor, ignoring the mythology and the comics that Tom is taking his inspiration from). Also, that he just *must* have a male love interest so their fanfiction fantasies could come true and when he didn´t, they decide to hate it, is also stupid.
I mean, I used to have these with some other shows, where my favourite show got spoilt by new writers (or what I thought was spoilt, I recently rewatched some of it and it seems fine lookin back) and it just was not the same but I was about 18 years old at that time (very beginnings of the internet) so I suspect these guys are the same age? Not sure. But even if it sucks when your show is spoilt or if you just don´t like it despite your favourite character or actor being in it, then just go and watch something else. It is just a TV show and to witch about it six months later is really silly.
I mean, I love Hugh Jackman, but I am not going to pretend that everything he ever made was a pure gold (Cos some of it is really bad) and even his Wolverine was not perfect in some of X-Men movies but I am not going to cry about it. I will just watch something else with him that I know is good.
I think I am turning into a boomer because I really don´t understand this :D
I'm like that with some shows and it makes me almost switch off then rewatch a few years later and it's actually ok. But I can't think of a single actor I can say everything they've done is amazing.

To be fair to the Loki show wasn’t one of the main reasons for the story line to literally set up phase 4? I really enjoyed the show and it’s just a select few on twitter who were angry

Reactions: 1
How cool they’re beginning promo with what looks to be a viral campaign with some lore! This reminds me of Cloverfield, I remember before it came out they did all these online stories to set up the potential creature and get people theorizing. I hope there is more to come!

B871A68B-3EC2-4BAF-AF03-2FB1BAA43728.png

Reactions: 8
How cool they’re beginning promo with what looks to be a viral campaign with some lore! This reminds me of Cloverfield, I remember before it came out they did all these online stories to set up the potential creature and get people theorizing. I hope there is more to come!

View attachment 1165768
Oh wow~
I wonder how long they’d keep this up! It’s certainly a more unique way of promoting amidst some of the other shows now. Now I’m really excited for anymore upcoming promotions haha

Watching the first episode of the new Marvel series Moon Knight (I won't spoil it for anyone), so far so good. Oscar Isaac is fab. I'd like to see a Moon Knight/Loki crossover, 2 fab actors and a good script would be great.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Watching the first episode of the new Marvel series Moon Knight (I won't spoil it for anyone), so far so good. Oscar Isaac is fab.
It’s a brilliant opener episode…did you also see the new 30 sec clip of MoM?

wanda not looking so much the bad guy now

I kind of like that about Marvel that no main character is 100% good or bad. It builds it up to say how they got there etc.

Reactions: 1
Watching the first episode of the new Marvel series Moon Knight (I won't spoil it for anyone), so far so good. Oscar Isaac is fab. I'd like to see a Moon Knight/Loki crossover, 2 fab actors and a good script would be great.
Just watched it today as well- I think it is shaping up to be excellent so far. It feels very different from what they’ve done before, stylistically. Oscar is of course amazing (I really like him and he seems like a great guy in real life) and of course always a pleasure to see Ethan Hawke still doing his thing.

As much as I enjoy binging shows I like the week to week as it makes it much easier to stay on top of it without getting spoiled, plus something to look forward to.

I didn’t see it! But I also have extreme sympathy for Wanda anyway, she has been through the ringer and I think has very little control over how powerful she is and how her power is tied to her emotions.

I’m still waiting for a Loki/Wanda/Strange scene and I’ll wait forever if I have to.

Just watched it today as well- I think it is shaping up to be excellent so far. It feels very different from what they’ve done before, stylistically. Oscar is of course amazing (I really like him and he seems like a great guy in real life) and of course always a pleasure to see Ethan Hawke still doing his thing.

As much as I enjoy binging shows I like the week to week as it makes it much easier to stay on top of it without getting spoiled, plus something to look forward to.

I didn’t see it! But I also have extreme sympathy for Wanda anyway, she has been through the ringer and I think has very little control over how powerful she is and how her power is tied to her emotions.

I’m still waiting for a Loki/Wanda/Strange scene and I’ll wait forever if I have to.
Tom is heavily rumoured now to be in DS2 and if we get a Wanda/Strange/Loki scene I will be so happy!!

Reactions: 4
Can you imagine the dry humour and cutting remarks between these 3 great characters/actors?? Can't wait ☺
Tom has great chemistry with both Ben and Lizzie so the 3 of them together would be brilliant…I am not holding out hope but I would love to see Loki back on the big screen